Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Police tactics against grapplers.

Quote Originally Posted by sihing View Post
    It's pretty hard to smash someone in the face with elbows and fists when his balls are being grabbed and twisted . What came first, the egg or the chicken

James
    Don't know, both both are yummy !

It's pretty hard to smash someone in the face with elbows and fists when his balls are being grabbed and twisted . What came first, the egg or the chicken

James
    I haven't had them grabbed and twisted, only kicked. However, my assumption is that when that happens, I would strike you off of principle alone, to try and get you to let go. I HAVE been scratched and bitten while grappling, and all it did was make me tighten the hold on them.

However, look at the vid I posted. He had the guy's arms pinned until he got his knees in the guy's armpits. when would he have had time to grab anything? when he sat up, he could have easily thrown elbows, but it was a bjj mount demo and not mma.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    I haven't had them grabbed and twisted, only kicked. However, my assumption is that when that happens, I would strike you off of principle alone, to try and get you to let go. I HAVE been scratched and bitten while grappling, and all it did was make me tighten the hold on them.

However, look at the vid I posted. He had the guy's arms pinned until he got his knees in the guy's armpits. when would he have had time to grab anything? when he sat up, he could have easily thrown elbows, but it was a bjj mount demo and not mma.
    When I fought VT and the groin was a target, many tried and few were successful in terms of striking, as for grabbing and twisting, maybe someone tried, I don't know I was to busy beating on them like a 2 dollar crack ***** in jersey.
    \

It's pretty hard to grab someone's balls when he is mounted on you with his knees under your arms. Try it sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    It's pretty hard to grab someone's balls when he is mounted on you with his knees under your arms. Try it sometime.
    See, now someone is gonna pull out "biting his scrotum off"...

I agree, from that type of superior position, it would be damm hard to twist and squeeze anything. But what happens if that position is not secured and neither people have grappling experience? You are talking from your own experience and wisdom in fighting, not everyone has that benefit. What you can do indivdiually through your own experience is not common place. How about we look at it through that lense for a bit. Would the techniques subscribed work against the regular guy? To me this is what the officer was trying to portray, options when you are on the bottom against whomever is on top laying down some shots.

James

In this case, you would bite his scrotum off.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    In this case, you would bite his scrotum off.
    Told you so....

If I have a sidearm, I'm not grappling.

Marietta Police Department Makes Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Mandatory
    By Blaine Henry 2 days ago
    With so much unrest throughout the country, the United States citizens and leaders are calling reform in police departments across the nation. The Marietta Police Department is taking steps to make some sort of change in Marietta, Georgia.

The department announced on their website that Brazilian Jiu Jitsu will now be a mandatory class for all officers affiliated with their department. With the murder of George Floyd in Minnesota by a police officer, change has been demanded from United States citizens by police departments. The Marietta Police Department believes that ignorance is no excuse and will be taking measures to change that in their community.

The police department is aiming to have officers stop using punches and instead incorporate grappling to subdue anyone under attest.

The MPD has already graduated seven cadets in the program on September 27th. Now, cadets are required to take one Jiu Jitsu class a week until they reach solo status. The MPD estimates that will be approximately five months of training on average.

Marietta Police Department also states that while this won’t replace current training the officers receive, it will be an additional tool they will have.

Marietta Police Department Trying New Approach
    While the opinion on training officers in Jiu Jitsu is mixed, the MPD is taking a chance and taking proactive steps to make a change in how their department views social justice.

The department received training from Humberto “Beto” Borges in their September graduating class.

On the Gracie Breakdown, the YouTube channel of the Gracie family, they dive into a 30 minute conversation on why they believe Brazilian Jiu Jitsu would be a great fit for police officers. Watch that video below.

While it remains to be seen if this will actually be a positive step, I, the writer of this article, think it is great that the Marietta Police Department is attempting to change in a positive direction.
    THREADS
    Police-tactics-against-grapplers
    BJJ
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart