Thread: Few unusual bodyweight methods.

Few unusual bodyweight methods.

At first it's basics. Last one is tough. Don't know how his feet stayed on the wall.

Interesting stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1KvBoG8J78

Not so unusual. Feet out = dive bomer. Feet together = cat's arch. I have an interesting tape I pirated of FitTV on Adame (sp?) yoga called cat 1-4 that has many, many variations of this type of push-up. It's consitered a total body work-out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Karl Gotch's training on youtube is immense. Most of it is partnered bodyweight stuff and looks hellish.

Also try the ghetto workout (?)... their pull-up routine is worth reposting if anyone can be bothered to find it!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

What is the getto workout? Thanks.

Fitness from the streets part one

They claim to be the first to do some of thier exersizes. They aren't. But it is a very good demo of how to work out very hard with just body weight.
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

What are the benefits of these types of push ups? I look like they are good for a full body warm up. Maybe good for your back too. Probably don't build your upper body as much as the regular push up. Does anyone do them a lot and how do you fell they help you?

Strenth in extreme ROM situations needs to be built up with exersizes that work those muscle groups in extreme ROM. If you are having trouble with a type of technique that has a similar ROM to those push-ups, then it would help. If not...