Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So you say that Bruce Lee sucks.....?

Kymus Guest

So you say that Bruce Lee sucks.....?

I am so tired of seeing these posts by people saying Bruce Lee this and Bruce Lee that. If he sucks so bad, why is it that Dan Inosanto trained with him for so long. Why is it that he still teaches JKD and holds anual seminars on it. Go to a JKD kwoon, and challenge someone there. That is the best way in my opinion to see if a style really "sucks". Who cares what he learned and how much he charged, the fact of the matter is, he created a great fighting system. I have taken JKD for 4 years now. It has taught me alot. So I ask, if JKD is so bad, and Bruce Lee is so fake, why is it that the system works? There have been a few JKDers in the UFC. One was an idiot who kept using headbuts because it was his fav move, the other did real well, but his loss was his long hair, the other guy got ahold of it and wouldn't let go. I've learned btis and pieces of about 15 different systems. I would honnedstly have to say that JKD is as good as any of these.

-Kymus-

Because there are people like me who think Bruce was an arrogant punk.

I've learned btis and pieces of about 15 different systems. I would honnedstly have to say that JKD is as good as any of these.
    I would honnedstly agree that JKD is as good as any bit or any piece of at least 15 different systems.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Wow, there are actual morons out there saying that about Bruce??

Never heard anyone say such things.

And my bet, you're better of learning from all his books then from a JKD school (since its high chance it's BS).
    Be water my friend.

O

M

F

G

It must have taken one hell of an act of necromancy to bring this thread back to life.

Since I'm in the giving mood, I'm going to throw this zombie horse some deconsencrated troll-bits . . .

Bruce Lee was an excellent athlete with several poor habits, an average fighter, most of his books are not actually from his notes, and he suxors teh ballzors.

Game on.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Let the flaming begin

Three words:

Wong Jack Man
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

As far as the supreme levels a martial arts master can achieve, i would say bruce did not make it to the near tops...but he also died at 32.

at his age of 32, he was better than most of the people that talk all the smack about him.

people just like to talk smack, its human nature, and has been around since the time before time...

Bruce Lee was a man who dedicated himself to his lifes passions, much the same as you or I. To discount this is pure idiocy. Im not saying he was a martial arts god, but he had some skeelz.

This you cannot deny.

sure there is always someone better, but he was better than a lot of someones....
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Hmmm....

Well, let's say I have my praises and my reservations about Bruce Lee as a human being. But who are we to judge? 'for', like the saying goes 'let him without sin cast the first stone!'.

One thing is for sure, that if it wasn't for him I wouldn't be enjoying training in the martial arts. This is unquestionable in my mind; Bruce Lee's approach to the martial arts was innovative beyond his years at the time that he was coming out with these theories. He was able to take, successfully I might add, traditionalism and fuse it with modern approaches to combat. And that my friends takes a very insightful mind to accomplish such a feat!

Bruce Lee is right there with Dr. Leung Jan and Wong Fei Hung as my martial arts heroes.
    It is amazing for me to understand that "unexplainable" no longer has to mean "nonexistent". pp172
    Grave's End: A True Ghost Story by Elaine Mercado, R.N.

This you cannot deny.
    There's a debate ender if I ever saw one.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

lol. I guess so huh?
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"

Bruce was an actor. Not a very good one either. As far as I can tell, there was no basis for the idea that he was an awesome martial artist aside from his movies, which were of questionable quality.

Wow! people are agreeing on KFM! Whodathunkit?

Bruce Lee

I have studied some of Bruce's techniques and they look very much in line with my style, Bo Hou Quan.

There is actually some pretty neat footage of bruce filmed home style.

I have several clips on my home comp.

Ill have to see about posting some of them.

I like the clip of him doing push up on one arm using only his index finger and his thumb, at a karate competition. Then there is a little sparring, with gear. I have some stuff of him in his back yard kicking a pad. and then some basic demo stuff.

his basic demo stuff make many people look sloppy, not to mention the power is shown when dude goes flying back from a sidekick.

I didnt know him. I cant say for a fact, but...there is actually quite a lot of documented evidence to show that bruce lee did love martial arts, and practiced alot.

Anyone who truly loves martial arts and practices a lot, will undoubtedly reach a level of competence.

I think we can all agree that bruce lee was at the very least a competent martial artist. Too many people who actually knew the man, and are themselves very good martial artists, will attest to the fact he knew his stuff. On the other hand we have many people who never met him, or were born after he died, that say he sucked.

I dont know what side one should be inclined to lean towards but i know which i do...

so much for the debate ender there rouge
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

come to think of it, i would love to see some evidence showing that bruce lee sucked.

other than words. id like to see some video of him busting out some crap. but i never have.

you cant really judge his martial arts from his movies. His movie style was totally different.
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan