0 0%
  • Do it on Friday after Gene's workshop

1 10.00%
  • I am not going to TJL

3 30.00%
  • I don't want to meet any of you internet wackos

2 20.00%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Who's going to Taiji Legacy this yr.? Up for a get together prior to?

I think I saw your match too, htowndragon

What were you and your opponent wearing? There were a lot of matches - 40+ - and I had to keep going over to the Grand Champion finals, push hands, Chin Woo, etc. in the other room, so I missed a lot. But I think I remember a fight that went akin to what you describe. You got to understand - I see fights through a camera lens now, so it makes them a little surreal to follow sometimes.

There was no video permitted in the Sanshou, only the official one from Taiji Legacy. They were pretty vigilant about shutting down videotapers.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    There was no video permitted in the Sanshou, only the official one from Taiji Legacy. They were pretty vigilant about shutting down videotapers.
    All I'm saying is I was carrying around a Nokia N80 cellphone. Google the video specs on that thing. Although if I were capturing some video, I think it would only be of my schools mates fight.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

What do they sell tapes or something?

Oh did anyone see the Chen tai chi comp, I had a friend who did Lao jia and a broadsword form?
    Last edited by SanHeChuan; 07-24-2007 at 10:57 AM.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan View Post
    What do they sell tapes or something?

Oh did anyone see the Chen tai chi comp, I had a friend who did Lao jia and a broadsword form?

Yes they will be selling a DVD of Taiji Legacy 2007. Not sure when that will be released though.

I personally did not watch any of the Taiji comps. I wanted to see the push hands but I was cornering at the sanshou event.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

ya the ex san da champ was out of lubbock, the guy i was fightings name was silva

i was wearing a white undershirt with sleeves ripped off and black kung fu pants cuz it was cold and i didnt wanna wear shorts. my oppponent was wearing one of those body suits, tight shirt, tight pants, but the elastic kind, looked a little bit like what lance armstrong would wear.

I used to train in lubbock, I don't know Silva though.

He could of been one of the guys that went to china to fight the Chinese Police sanda team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfzKN...elated&search=
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

been sifting through my pics of your fight, htowndragon

I'm afraid I didn't catch any shots of you. Not that I can find anyway. I delete as I go and sanshou is the most challenging (and fun) to shoot. You have to anticipate the hit. I do have that sports mode function on the camera, but I've yet to master it. I was getting better results with the flash in that lighting anyway. So in order to get a good sanshou pic out of me, you had to be at the judges table side of the ring and I had to click at just the right moment. A true crap shoot.

I got to assist with backboarding one of the fighters that got knocked out. Never used a cardboard backboard before - never even seen one like that before. All the backboards I've ever worked with were metal or high-impact plastic.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

i saw gene a few times at the tournament but each time he was with some lady. i kept insisting to my wife that is was important for me to tail him and deliver nachos when he least expected it but since he was talkin to the ladies i didnt want to interupt his mojo. my wife offered to tail him instead (since i was competing) but i had to put the kaibosh on that. it seems the lady folk get trapped in genes orbit and cant escape. either that or he was drinkin pimp juice all weekend. anyway, the thought was there to deliver nachos. maybe next year.

Man all these people from this board attended Taiji Legacy!?!?!?! We really need to get together prior to the event. Or perhaps a lot of you just want to remain anonymous.
    Last edited by xcakid; 07-24-2007 at 07:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    I only came on Sunday to see the San Shou, so I didn't really know who was who from the forums.

Gene- what was the name of that Italian martial arts magazine that has a centerfold? I think this should be the next kungfumagazine concept.
    The 10 Elements of Choy Lay Fut:
    Kum, Na, Gwa, Sau, Chop, Pow, Kup, Biu, Ding, Jong

The 13 Principles of Taijiquan:
    Ward Off, Roll Back, Press, Push, Pluck, Elbow, Shoulder, Split, Forward, Back, Left, Right, Central Equilibrium

And it doesn't hurt to practice stuff from:
    Mounts, Guards, and Side Mounts!

Austin Kung-Fu Academy

That doesn't even count the lurkers, xcakid

I had numerous people come up to me and say that they read the forum, but didn't post. They just lurked. That's the hidden stat here. Who knows how many lurkers we have? I suppose I could compare page views somehow, but that sounds like a lot of math to me.

BruceSteveRoy: I'm totally tripping on what you said. I thought I was hanging out with too many sanshou guys this year. Or maybe you mistook xcakid? No..no.. there's no way that could have been. So I had my mojo working, eh? Next time anyone notices this, please come up and tell me.

yutyeesam: If memory serves it was titled Samurai Banzai Pugalto (sp?) Honestly I only saw one issue, the one that I had an article translated in, but it was a fine mag, and not just for the centerfold. Of course, I don't read Italian, so who knows?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Blog Entries
    htwown did great for his first time in the ring, aside from wearing the wrong head gear. One of Joe Keits guys and myself worked htown's corner, and although htown was rocked hard, he continued with his fight much to the surprise of the spectators.

but dogchow, i missed seeing you there. shaolin lueb and master killer.

however i did meet a few forum goers that were great to hang out with.

im still in texas training my students, and its mf'in hot down here!!!!!
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Blog Entries
    HSK-
    Man, I wish we got a chance to hang longer, seems like we were both pretty preoccupied on Sunday. I wanted my students to meet you. One student said to me, "Hey is that Sifu Frank?"

What part of TX are you in? It's actually not as hot as it usually is here...by now, we'd normally be in the triple digits!

Oh, incidentally, one of my students is a professional photgrapher and got some really good shots of Sunday's San Shou matches. Once she gets them up on her Flicker site, I'll post the link here, so check back on this thread for it.
    Last edited by yutyeesam; 07-25-2007 at 02:46 PM.
    The 10 Elements of Choy Lay Fut:
    Kum, Na, Gwa, Sau, Chop, Pow, Kup, Biu, Ding, Jong

The 13 Principles of Taijiquan:
    Ward Off, Roll Back, Press, Push, Pluck, Elbow, Shoulder, Split, Forward, Back, Left, Right, Central Equilibrium

And it doesn't hurt to practice stuff from:
    Mounts, Guards, and Side Mounts!

Austin Kung-Fu Academy

hsk

wish i could have been there. it would have been great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.