Thread: Pong Lai Mantis Instructional Videos.

Pong Lai Mantis Instructional Videos.

If anyone has any interest in Mantis videos from the Pong Lai organization check out http://www.mantisresources.com

Thanks and take care everyone!

Mike

Thumbs up

Hi Mike,

Congratulations for the initiative. Already I added it in our list of links.

Sincerely,

JUst saw the link. Looks great. Looking forward to getting more instruction from Pong Lai.

Cool, just placed my order

Just got mine in the mail, that was some **** fast shipping!!! Have to run off to class now, but I'll post my impressions when I get home and watch it all the way through.

wow

your stuff is almost exactly the same as ours. THe fact of the matter is that Bimen is not another word for Mei Hua and those that truly know Bimen or CLOSED DOOR/secret door praying mantis do not equate the two. CLosed door has characteristics that fit only in close quarters that dwarf other Mantis styles.

Any one afraid to buy is wasting good training time.
    This is great stuff.

ACtually JImmy it is the same thing as Meihua. Need to do a little research brother. All mantis is considered close quarter.
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Three Harmonies View Post
    ACtually JImmy it is the same thing as Meihua. Need to do a little research brother. All mantis is considered close quarter.
    Jake
    i have done my research and it is tighter than mei hua since i play both i see the difference. Not to mention the fact that one can always fight closer and smaller.
    of course mantis is close but closed door / tight door is even closer the hands are held closer to the body and leave far less room for attack. the stikes are shorter and rely on a much tighter twist than regular plum blossom. i concede that they are both plum blossom originated however the differences are still there.

It does not matter if you agree with me on this i was directing the compliment to the producers of the film. My compliment still stands.
    Great work guys
    Last edited by Sifu Darkfist; 07-17-2007 at 12:59 PM.

As I understand it (and I believe Kevin Brazier has commented the same) Li Kun Shan never called his Mantis anything other than "Northern Mantis" so when he died his students broke off and did their own thing. Many called it Mimen. I stand to be corrected.
    What you are describing is really the flavor in which Su plays his Mantis, not necessarily indicative of the system per se. All of Su's Mantis is played with a similar flavor.
    All of Pong Lai's stuff is excellent. I have several of their things and it all has great info in it.
    Cheers
    Jake
    Jake Burroughs
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com

Smile

Mimen, technically is Taiji/Meihua, Zhang Dekui studied under Wang Zijing, who was a disciple of Wang Yushan, one of the three mountains of Laiyang in mantis lore.

Shifu Shi Zhengzhong (Ponglai) and Shifu Su Yuzhang (Wutan) both learned from GM Zhang Dekui, who only called his mantis Gu Tanglang, ancient mantis. Mimen, I believe, was coined by Shifu Su Yuzhang. Recently there is also a baffling myth that emerges through the Wutan camp about Mimen is the kryptonite of all other Mantis styles. So...

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

Zhang De Kui is whom I meant, sorry
    I have heard those same rumors for awhile Robert. Mimen negates other mantis systems........ Not sure who has perpetuated it.
    Jake
    Jake Burroughs
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com

Sifu Darkfist, Thank you for the compliment Sir. I once asked Master Shr Zhen Zhong about the whole" Mimen Mantis was created to counter other Mantis styles" rumor and he replied it was a bunch of BS. Jake, thank you also for the nice words! Hope things are going well for you.

Regards,
    Mike

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    I believe what Kevin has said is that Zhang called his mantis 'gu tang lang' or 'old mantis'.

Mike, just bought a house and changed jobs...in other words...I'm brizzoke...I'll place an order asap. Thanks for getting this done!
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Can you report the link

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Tang Lang View Post
    If anyone has any interest in Mantis videos from the Pong Lai organization check out http://www.mantisresources.com

Thanks and take care everyone!

Mike
    Please repost the link is dead
    [