Thread: Sticky feet?

Sticky feet?

What is sticky feet? Is it a two person drill? Is it in Wing Chung or Tai Chi? Is it good training in how to defend against a kick? Thanks.

Sticky feet is the same as sticky hands, but with the feet. It involves listening and following drills. Used to trip up opponents.

I don't know which styles used it or don't.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Sweeping, as SanHeChaun said, as well as bumping and what might as well be called throwing. It involves almost no kicking that I know of, as being close enough to stick with the legs/feet pretty much negates any kicks above the knee.

Also helps a bit with grappling, but more for your sensitivity to movement then any ability to actually lock.
    Many roads. One path.

Many styles. One art.

Many lineages. One practioner.

And I thought that is what I got when I went to the movies and sat next to a small child with a large soda