Thread: owwwww

Hybrid View

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

owwwww

so, my friend who mainly does Kempo (the one I was boxing with to help him get ready for a toughman but then he tore his achilles) came by saturday with a couple of students. My friend is still recovering from surgury but we did roll for about 30 minutes.

One of his students I've met and sparred before, he's tall and skinny and is training muay thai. The other one is 19, about 6' and 190...mostly muscle...and has just been training for a few months, also thai.

I've never been kicked in the head as hard as this kid kicked me...totally by reflex did I catch it and sweep his back leg and passed to a side mount, but my head is SORE!

He also wore the hell out of my right leg with thigh kicks and I also think I have at least cracked a bone in the foot trying to check his kicks...stupid me didn't put shin pads on.

i'm just going to have to stop going full on with young bucks half my age. it was fun and I look forward to being a part of this kids martial upbringing but I'm going to be laid up w/ no exercise for a week at least.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

yeah dude! calm down!!!

but nice i guess. :confsued:
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

lol, sorry, forgot to [whine] ... [/whine]

it was a good day of sparring at the school. my students got to mix it up with some different folks and held there own well enough. I just need me a Redman suit
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

lol, thanks. i think I'm basically aware of how to guard vs. most attacks...no one stops every attack every time.

besides, every time he leg kicked me he left his head open because he dropped his hands.

Ya know, thats another reason I don't spar full contact anymore. I sparred a few months back with a red belt at my current school. Here's the list of injuries after 4 rds of 2mins ea.

1) re injure my patellar tendonitis on both knees.
    2) jammed my thumb
    3) headache due to getting hit in the head
    4) bruise on left thigh
    5) biggest injury of all, MY EGO

So from now on, I am just gonna talk about my past accomplishments. I can't even do forms properly now cause of my knees.

Sux being old.

Oso, just put some Jow on it. There are days I take a bath in the stuff.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

ok, so it's like 3 weeks later and this **** foot still hurts.

here are some pics of it the night of the damage.

it's my right foot that got hurt

i'm not sure if a bone got cracked or just some serious soft tissue tearing.

had to move the weekend after and changed jobs and had a seminar to go to so I have of course not taken any time off of it...i know, stupid ....

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    ok, so it's like 3 weeks later and this **** foot still hurts.

here are some pics of it the night of the damage.

it's my right foot that got hurt

i'm not sure if a bone got cracked or just some serious soft tissue tearing.

had to move the weekend after and changed jobs and had a seminar to go to so I have of course not taken any time off of it...i know, stupid ....
    It looks pretty "deep" and "set up".
    What kind of Jow are you using?
    Do you have access to Dit Dah Wan?
    If so, the "drill" now is to take a few of the Wan use the Jow and RE-injure it.
    You should be getting "color" up to the surface as the injury dissolves/dissipates.
    Continue the Wan and deep-massage the Jow until healed.

This routine can actually get rid of bone-spurs in knee joints....

well, there is probably two injuries to see...about 6 months ago I went to side kick and the guy brought his shin up and blocked it...since then I've had a knot on the side of my pinkie metatarsal...I can't really see it in the pics but you can feel it on the side of my foot.

[edit]

I jowed the above but didn't rest it.

I have a bruise jow purchased from Shifu Mike Biggie of Akron
    I've several decantings and drew off some from the main jug to use on this that has been fermenting for 23 months.

after the recent incident:

[/edit]

I jowed it and then at the insistance of my girl, soaked it in some ice water (the pics are right after about 10 minutes of cold water) I didn't really want to do that but she made me

I jowed it 2-3 times a day till the color came and went over about 5 days.

I'm sure I should have taken at least 3-5 days off of it but couldn't.
    Last edited by Oso; 07-23-2007 at 08:56 PM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    well, there is probably two injuries to see...about 6 months ago I went to side kick and the guy brought his shin up and blocked it...since then I've had a knot on the side of my pinkie metatarsal...I can't really see it in the pics but you can feel it on the side of my foot.

I jowed the above but didn't rest it.

I have a bruise jow purchased from Shifu Mike Biggie of Akron
    I've several decantings and drew off some from the main jug to use on this that has been fermenting for 23 months.

after the recent incident:

I jowed it and then at the insistance of my girl, soaked it in some ice water (the pics are right after about 10 minutes of cold water) I didn't really want to do that but she made me

I jowed it 2-3 times a day till the color came and went over about 5 days.

I'm sure I should have taken at least 3-5 days off of it but couldn't.
    If that swelling is "soft-ish" the bruise jow will work ok eventually.
    If it's "harder", check with Mike or Dale Dugas to see if they have any "bone jow".

Your GF was right at the time to stop additional swelling,although the Jow alone would have done "about as well".
    Now you can start warming the jow before putting it on and *major* injuries can be treated (if you have enough jow & proper pans) by WARMING the jow and immersing the injured limb in it. Re immersion, good jow, when heated, BURNS!
    (sensation)(not-so-strangely only at the injury site).
    DON'T heat it over about 110 or whatever you can stand with relative ease.

The Dit Dah Wan are pills/capsules so that you're treating the injury from inside and outside simultaneously.

If no one has individual pills/caps, you can get the 5-Photo gigonda-pill in the metal tin, chop it up and dissolve it in your favorite booze.
    Take a couple teaspoons of the solution maybe 20-30 minutes before each treatment with Jow.
    If you can get the pills/caps, take them 45 minutes or so before treatment with Jow.
    Last edited by bakxierboxer; 07-23-2007 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bakxierboxer View Post
    If that swelling is "soft-ish" the bruise jow will work ok eventually.
    If it's "harder", check with Mike or Dale Dugas to see if they have any "bone jow".

It was softish and has stayed that way. The older injury got hard almost immediately though I massaged it with the jow.

Your GF was right at the time to stop additional swelling,although the Jow alone would have done "about as well".

yea, I've reduced swelling with massage and jow before. mostly, I'm just a wuss when it comes to ice cold water.

Now you can start warming the jow before putting it on and *major* injuries can be treated (if you have enough jow & proper pans) by WARMING the jow and immersing the injured limb in it. Re immersion, good jow, when heated, BURNS!
    (sensation)(not-so-strangely only at the injury site).
    DON'T heat it over about 110 or whatever you can stand with relative ease.

The Dit Dah Wan are pills/capsules so that you're treating the injury from inside and outside simultaneously.

If no one has individual pills/caps, you can get the 5-Photo gigonda-pill in the metal tin, chop it up and dissolve it in your favorite booze.
    Take a couple teaspoons of the solution maybe 20-30 minutes before each treatment with Jow.
    If you can get the pills/caps, take them 45 minutes or so before treatment with Jow.
    thanks. i think the psuedo asian grocery next door has those pills. don't they have arnica in them?