Thread: Art of War-China

Art of War-China

The only licensed Chinese MMA venue and it allows a number of moves such as elbows, stomping on the ground, knees to the head when on the ground. I have a strong feeling you will still not see ANY kung fu in the ring though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofgCB95ONzA

A fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv5eb...elated&search=

Main website

http://www.mmachina.com/
    Last edited by Black Jack II; 07-11-2007 at 08:20 PM.

1:23-2:24 Fukien Dog Boxing inn action!!

And Yes it is right out of the form in use!!
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

The circle is now complete.

Well, the throws are mostly Shuai Jiao (Indeed, it's interesting having it interspersed with the Judo guy for comparison), and there's no denying it, that was classical dog boxing, he even did that little hip spring thing. The overall quality of the groundwork wasn't great though.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

1. the action in it looks awesome.
    2. look at the punching - the same "off balanced, unpolished" strikes we see in mma here that a lot of the cma guys speak criticize.
    3. that judo guy had some good throws, but what are the wekght classes???
    4. the dog boxing wasn't impressive...
    5. other than the dog boxing, I didn't see anything that really "looked" like cma.

It looks like an awesome even though. I would love to see the whole thing.
    Last edited by SevenStar; 07-12-2007 at 09:56 AM.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

I checked sherdog, but it doesn't say the styles that the fighters train. I didn't see it in the fighter profiles on the mmachina page, either.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Sorry, I forgot to mention the dog boxing, I thought I would skip it and save people the red cheeks.

This is the land where it all started for most of the styles on this forum, the motherland so to speak, yet does anyone notice that there MMA looks just like our MMA??

I did like the action though, I would watch more of it in a HEARTBEAT.
    Last edited by Black Jack II; 07-12-2007 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    Sorry, I forgot to mention the dog boxing, I thought I would skip it and save people the red cheeks.
    I'm confused. Which part was the dog boxing?

MMA in China !!

The seventh sign of the apcolypse for TCMA !!

Heh, not really sure knife, but I believe it's the 1:38 mark in the highlights clip, but I would have to go back and check as I don't remeber.

It looks like a combo of a guy doing upkicks with a little breakdancing, which btw failed, and he lost.

in the first clip there is a section where a guy is on his back kicking at his standing opponent. In the other clip, the guy is kicking on the ground, tries to sweep his opponent's leg (fails) then does the breakdance to get back up... I can't recall the name of the technique.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

I want to watch the Muay Thai World Champions debute to MMA.

that sounds like it should be pretty fresh.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!