Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My meditating

My meditating

I'm not sure what qigong is, but I've been meditating for some time now, and a few months ago I got really deep into it and I saw colors beneath my eyelids, specifically blue and green. From then, I managed to find a sensation I get in my chest and I can see the colors at any time. Green easiest, and then with concentration, blue. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this. My friend, who got me into MA, says it has to do chakras, energy points of your body (or something like that). I'm fifteen and I've taken a liking to Monkey style kung fu and Drunken Monkey style.

qigong

have u been meditating correctly? u probably have a strong chi.

Strong with the force, is he.

It's probably synesthesia.

I've never had any teachers in meditating. I just did it how it felt right. I've found that I can send energy to any part of my body by getting the feeling (it's right in the middle of my ribcage at the bottom) and then, I don't know how to describe it, moving it into the area.

Whenever I get tired or lazy I close my eyes and spread it generally and I can get moving easier.

I just thought someone would know about this since it was kung fu forum where hopefully someone else had experienced something like it.

To me, the feeling can be described as rushing water running through my body parts.

Edit: The colors seen could be caused by anything. Try seeing them again and when you do command in your mind that the energy being seen tells you what it is and what it means, so you can understand what's going on. After that, see what happens. Other images, sounds, smells? And go from there.
    Last edited by RonH; 07-10-2007 at 04:41 PM.

That seems like a good description. It feels as if energy is flowing through your body.
    I tried it last night and I don't know what it was, chemical imbalance or what, but I was having trouble seeing the colors. I did manage it for a little bit, but my eyes stung, probably because I needed to sleep. When I do see the colors, I usually get a sense of calm and I can think things through easier. Occasionally, when I get really deep into it, I see this female face. I don't know what that's about.

Old emotions are leaving while you are meditating. This is good.

Ask who she is the next time you see her.

Hi Daniel09,

What is your purpose or goal for meditating?

Many spiritual masters, it does depend upon the tradition, discourage getting too caught up in these kinds of effects. They can become a distraction for those who are seeking spiritual goals. That is not to say you can't explore them or enjoy them. However, they tend to lead the individual into other directions and create obstacles that will later have to be overcome.

But, what is spiritual ascension without overcoming obsticles?

My goal in meditating? I don't really have a goal. I just do it to clear my mind and sometimes get some extra energy to get started in the morning.

I suppose I don't really have a reason for doing it. I just do it because it's helps, and without it I probably would have broken down from stress at school. When I meditate I see all the possibilities I didn't before and I am able to determine the best action to take in order to better myself. After that it's just a matter of implementing those ideas. Like right now I'm trying to avoid eating foods with processed sugar in them. I've had it all my life, so my mind has built a dependancy on it. While meditating I feel in complete control over my mind and I can alter dependancies.
    "There is a point in every person's life when they choose to see through their own eyes" -Daniel09

"It is one thing to get over each others differences. It is something else entirely to think you can stop fighting over differences simply by avoiding them entirely" -Daniel09

Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    But, what is spiritual ascension without overcoming obsticles?
    Hi RonH,

What is life without obstacles to overcome.

Since obstacles originate within the mind they are inherently non-existent. We create them and then overcome them. Life is a cabaret old chum......... er uh......i mean, life is a game!!!

Hi Daniel09,

Overcoming dependencies is a worthwhile goal. I would just enjoy the process then and have fun with the effects for the time being. Try to avoid an emotional or ego attachment to them. That does not mean you cannot pursue the effects, but do not allow them to rule you.

The manipulation of colors is a common shamanic practice, but in the end it is merely a tool or device used and is not necessary to the process. "Not necessary" is not the same as "not valuable", however. Meaning and value occur individually. What has value and has meaning to you may not matter at all to others, yet this does not de-value your experiences for you.

Life was made by Parker Brothers, wasn't it?

Replying to Scott

Even though I am only 15, I have experienced many things and understand what you are talking about. I think the colors serve as a tool my mind uses to stay calm, because I get a sense of calm when around the colors blue and green. Although, I do have a scientific mind and I've been wondering about the possibility of the colors relating to the pigments of my eyes, what with light harboring in the pupils.
    "There is a point in every person's life when they choose to see through their own eyes" -Daniel09

"It is one thing to get over each others differences. It is something else entirely to think you can stop fighting over differences simply by avoiding them entirely" -Daniel09

Seeing colour

I have not been to this forum for a long time.

Seeing colour is a good sign for medication which is the result of energy created reflected as light.

If you reply here., I would explain more as I am busy.

Regards

Qiew