Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: My meditating

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel09 View Post
    Thanks for all your help guys, I was kinda confused for a bit, but now I've got my mind made up. What my decisions are, I will keep to myself. I'd prefer not to get caught in a 'tug of war' of opinions.
    Good thinking!

Lightbulb My experience

I've been doing basic 3 circle qigong for about 6 months now and in recent weeks i have been experiencing what can only be described as energy, flowing through my body, surrounding me and sort of like nice feeling waves through my head. Afterwards i feel warm and relaxed. The colours your seeing could be a manifestation of energy. I am only a beginner at qigong but its descibed as energy work and that whai i'm experiencing, i suppose this energy (Qi) can be used to fight or heal if learnt how to channel or manipulate it. at the momemt i'm simply feeling it and that it exists but a long journey strarts with just one steo hey!!!

I can use my qi to fight better, but I really need to strengthen my hand bones and such because I can't punch very hard without hurting my hand, though I am getting better.

Over this past week I've been having problems with me right shoulder. Every time I use it for punching or just moving fast, I get a sharp pain in the shoulder area. It's not related to qigong, but it is something I've noticed and would like suggestions. I've just been simply trying to lower my usage of that arm.
    "There is a point in every person's life when they choose to see through their own eyes" -Daniel09

"It is one thing to get over each others differences. It is something else entirely to think you can stop fighting over differences simply by avoiding them entirely" -Daniel09

Smile

If your locking your arm out at the shoulder during practicing right hand punching then this is the cause. A lot of arts punch/kick into air and e.g karate people who lock out side kicks in air have terrible knee problems, you need to be hitting something for total lock out power techniques. I'm having the same problem funny enough because i'm practicing a style which primarly uses right hand for attack and left to block.

Hope this helps

P.S I've heard of wing chun people having problems with elbows due to where they lock their punch out at!!!

what you described is called 'inner light meditation'. It is linked to the 6th Chakra (aka third eye) located just between your brow and colours and sensations are energy moving to and from that particular Chakra. The sensation in the chest would be energy moving to and from the heart Chakra. I believe blue/indigo/green colours would be the most prominent because that is actually the colours related to the particular chakras you are feeling/using.

Green - heart
    Blue - throat
    Indigo - third eye

warm regards

craig

Simondo sez

"P.S I've heard of wing chun people having problems with elbows due to where they lock their punch out at!!!"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could be cases of poor wing chun instruction or poor execution. With proper instruction, practice and execution one can punch straight without elbow or shoulder problems.

joy chaudhuri

Well the shoulder stuff is gone. It was just a bruise in the muscle. And monkeyfoot, that's what my friend told me. I just can't really get solid answers out of him anymore. I think he has a superiority complex. If someone does something better than him he tends to ignore it.

I've been trying to focus the energy recently. Make it more compact, so it's not always escaping and causing health issues. So far it appears to be working, but only time will tell. I wonder what death will be like. Guess I'll have to wait a while for that. A long while.
    Last edited by Daniel09; 09-05-2007 at 08:14 PM.
    "There is a point in every person's life when they choose to see through their own eyes" -Daniel09

"It is one thing to get over each others differences. It is something else entirely to think you can stop fighting over differences simply by avoiding them entirely" -Daniel09

Discovery!

Well I found out that I haven't been seeing green at all. The yellow light outside my eyelids is mixing with the blue I'm seeing. I made sure by covering my eyes when I saw green. It became blue.

So I'm only seeing blue. Fancy that.

Just using this as a kind of log

Well, I've been seeing that face more often when I meditate. It seems each time it becomes more and more defined. Now I see eyes, nose, mouth, and chin. There doesn't appear to be any hair on the head of the one I see and it is still only the face.

hello my alias is giggity.
    ive been doing simple breathing and chakra meditation. but i practice samadhi/vipasanna meditation every night. altho i cant perform the full locus or the half locus, i attempt to sit in standard indian style while meditating. also laying down before i go to sleep.

i had an strange experience a while back that i just want to tell u guys about, since i read the first few posts in this thread.
    one night i was in my quiet room with the lights out and a couple candles lit. i was meditating while laying on my bed. after doing an hour of my daily meditation, i felt i should try something new that i recently read up about.
    begin ur normal meditation, once u have done that, imagine ur meditation as an aura of energy around ur body. begin to concentrate that energy into a ball an inch or two below your navel. i held this state of mind for about 30 minutes.
    and then you release the energy throughout ur body; through ur limbs and up to the top of ur head.

and after i did this i began concentrating on my breath again. in a few seconds i remember my mind wandered off and i cought myself on track concentrating on my breath. at that moment, i could feel coursing energy through my limbs and body. it felt the same as when i released that ball earlier. i could just feel it rippling. i felt intensely euphoric, but i could not explain why. i just continued with my meditation, and it seemed to grow stronger and then it just absorbed into my body. after that i ended my meditation after 45 minutes.

i felt so different. i was a bit happier than normal, energetic, etc. i felt that i should go for a jog but it was night. i didnt feel sleepy one bit, but i told myself i needed the sleep (because i did). that meditation kind of wore me out, in a different sense of exhaustion.
    even tho i felt so energetic and did not want to go to sleep. i fell asleep fine that night, i layed comfortably in my bed and dozed off. usually when im energetic i wont sleep and ill keep kicking and moving. but not after this particular meditation. i was truely dumbfounded by that experience.

but it was nothing truely. it came and went, and i embraced the moment in the time being. but when it left i was happy. i was happy nonetheless that night before i went to sleep.

It's amazing, because I know exactly what you felt. It is a wonderful feeling.

But I was wondering, what are the samadhi/vipasanna meditations and what are the full/half locus?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel09 View Post
    It's amazing, because I know exactly what you felt. It is a wonderful feeling.

But I was wondering, what are the samadhi/vipasanna meditations and what are the full/half locus?
    wow nice, i half-expected and was fully-anticipating somebody to say they understood my experience. im not sure if this was even a qigong meditation tho. if i were to describe it from my own knowledge, i would say it reminded me of chakra.

samadhi and vipasanna meditation are different branches off of buddhist meditation. samadhi involves concentration of the mind (one-pointedness of the mind). vipasanna is similar to samadhi in that the meditator uses the minds conciousness as the object of meditation. i guess u could say vipasanna is the concentration of the minds conciousness. something like that.

Oh ok, I just clear my mind of thought and drift in my own mind until I feel as if I'm out of my mind. Then I just kinda float there in my tranquility until the colors make my head hurt. By that time I feel like I'm done and become energized, healthy, and down-right optimistic. Which reminds me, I'm a bit overdue for my next serious meditation. This cold has been bothering me ever since I used meditation to break the fever and feel better for a day.

See you in a while!

Greetings..

There is an important distinction between "meditating" and.. intending, energy work, and/or ritual.. "meditation" utilizes a stilled mind, you get out of your own way and let Life reveal itself.. in combat, the stilled mind interacts with the situation, in real-time.. your training and discipline mutually arise with the demands of the situation, otherwise.. without the stilled mind, you are reacting and playing catch-up..

The vast majority of "meditations" are intentions, energy-work, rituals, etc.. requiring mental presence and engaging the mind.. creating distance between the experiencer and the experience..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

to Daniel, how long do u normally meditate for?
    i started out with 10 minute intervals, but as time went on i found myself going on longer without even noticing

for me i try to be in a quiet area. i close my eyes and listen to the silence, and then i listen to my breathing. listening and concentrating on my breath untill i feel relaxed throughout my limbs. not concentrating hard, just taking notice of it. as well as being aware of any other sounds around me.

its hard to explain it. but thats about it for me