Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers

The Sequel

I read somewhere Unicron and Soundwave were supposed to be in this one, but they decided to save them for the sequel, if there was one.

My question...how do you make a transforming planet not look cheesy? It's like the strechy superhero (mr. Fantastic, Plastic Man, Elongated Man) You CANNOT make a movie with this guy and not make it look cheesy.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

i heard he wants to do an aircraft carrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Loved the movie.

OMG.....was that chick so **** hot................ahhhhhh.

I agree, she was VERY nice. She kinda looks like Jennifer Connely.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan View Post
    Were you a fan of the old school cartoon? A lot of that "cheese" is straight outa the old toon put there to appeas us old school fans.

a lot of the dialog will go right over peoples heads if they are not "in the know"
    exactly. I thought it was great.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

So did you watch all the episodes right before you went to the movie?

I thought the movie was good corny fun, but I don't get how people can call it a "great" movie. Of course, I consider any movie with Hwang Jang Lee in it to be great, so I guess it depends on taste.
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

I was ****ed off about so much with this movie. Longest and highest budgeted commercial I've ever seen... and not even for the action figures. Cars, electronics and that sort of ****e.

I could have done with more robot clashes and less Shia LeBouf trying to get into Megan Fox's pants with Bumblebee along for the ride. Anyone else think it's creepy that all the Autobots are there when Shia's about to get to home base?

Some of the end "wrap up" stuff made me think of Godzilla.

If Bay turns Unicron into an aircraft carrier I'm protesting and boycotting. That's BS, Unicron is like the "Satan" of Transformers. He's literally a cosmic being of the same stature as the cosmic being that is Cybertron... Primus, Lord of Light.( I was looking at the DK Transformers encyclopedia thing yesterday)

yeah, unicron as a carrier would suck. But something on the scale of unicron WOULD be hard to pull off. I am guessing that is why they made galactus the way they did in rise of the silver surfer.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    So did you watch all the episodes right before you went to the movie?
    I should have, but no. Coincidentally, I was at a local pizza cafe this evening after I left the gym... I was wearing a tee with the thundercats logo. The guys behind the counter started saying "thunder....thunder....thunder...thundercats - HOOOOOO!" which lead to a discussion about the show and the comic, which lead to transformers comics which lead to the cartoon and movie. ALL OF THEM said they thought it was cool that some of the dialogue was directly from the cartoon. One guy even started quoting lines that were in both the cartoon and the movie.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Well, I guess it is possible to enjoy it as much as you did. This movie is blowing up at the box office, so it is definitely not just for nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    One guy even started quoting lines that were in both the cartoon and the movie.

One shall stand, one shall fall.
    Many roads. One path.

Many styles. One art.

Many lineages. One practioner.

I almost shat myslef when prime said "Autobots, ROLL OUT!"

thats so classic it makse my spleen hurt
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan View Post
    thats so classic it makse my spleen hurt

Perhaps you were being too pensive.

B Red

Quote Originally Posted by bredmond812 View Post
    Perhaps you were being too pensive.

B Red
    probably. longing for the days of sugar filled autobot joy
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!