Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Soundwave is not in this one.

He was a G1... why in the hell would they not put him in it? I'm getting discouraged about the movie now. He's not in it, megatron looks gay, bumblebee not only looks gay, but they made him a camaro... they changed ratchet, no dinobots or constructicons, AND.......

Frenzy is in it??!??! WTF? How you have frenzy when he was one of soundwave's cassettes?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    He was a G1... why in the hell would they not put him in it? I'm getting discouraged about the movie now. He's not in it, megatron looks gay, bumblebee not only looks gay, but they made him a camaro... they changed ratchet, no dinobots or constructicons, AND.......

Frenzy is in it??!??! WTF? How you have frenzy when he was one of soundwave's cassettes?

Well, Scorponicon was not G1, and he's in it. So, it appears they don't particularly care about canon.

Ever since I was a kid, I wanted them to make this movie. However, after watching the on line thing with the writers, I am so disappointed. They always change too much stuff. A little change is OK, but this is stupid. Bumble bee is a Camero and not a Beetle. Not having Sound-wave was a BIG mistake. I know all of you cats remember how cool he was. And don't forget Rumble, Laser-beak and Ravage.
    Last edited by Flying-Monkey; 08-31-2006 at 02:46 AM.

quick, have a look at optimus prime's new paint job.

I too lament the absence of Soundwave.
    Perhaps he became obsolete, or too complex to redesign.
    In 2007 Cassettes are antiquities. If they changed him to an mp3 player, a dvd player, an x-box or something along those lines then how would the sub-components such as frenzy manifest?
    Sticking to the canon might please us, but it would be a bit retro and set in the 80's.
    Not alot of kids today would relate to it. And yeah the robots do look a bit..."sleek"

here's a collection of just about every leaked image floating around the internet.

To paraphrase Soundwave

"Original Transformers, Superior. New Transformers, Inferior."
    Many roads. One path.

Many styles. One art.

Many lineages. One practioner.

Omg!

Y'ALL are gay for this thread!

surely gonna get a phoenix-eye fist to the throat for this...
    Last edited by tug; 09-17-2006 at 10:35 AM. Reason: blah
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

All things TRANSFORMERS

for the people who havent seen it click here

and view the teaser with the date 1/5/07 next to it in your designated format. enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

It seems like it's a good idea to show people what they look like now, cause I'm gettin less and less angry every time I see the new designs.

Maybe someone remembered what happened with Godzilla.
    Many roads. One path.

Many styles. One art.

The techniques they have for the transformers actually changing looks really good, here is a car commercial using it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4ckJFNkra8. But aside from that I'm not looking forward to it. What I liked about the cartoon and what the guys in Hollywood think will make them a ton of money probably aren't of the same mind. I hear they are supposed to be doing a live action movie of Voltron too, I cringe when I think about how they'll butcher that.
    Last edited by mattb; 01-17-2007 at 10:49 PM.

Hollywood butchers... Never could get over how they butchered the whole He-man cartoon creating a movie that didn't please anybody - not even the thousands of fans that the cartoon / toy line had at the time...

i kinda liked he-man. :-D

i hear they were gonna make a live action g.i. joe. but i doubt that will happen since they are doing transformers. supposedly a dragon ball z trilogy too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    i kinda liked he-man. :-D

i hear they were gonna make a live action g.i. joe. but i doubt that will happen since they are doing transformers. supposedly a dragon ball z trilogy too.
    DBZ got pulled. The creator didn't like the changes that were being made to the story and 86'd it. Full copyright owners rock.
    Many roads. One path.

Many styles. One art.

Quote Originally Posted by 5Animals1Path View Post
    DBZ got pulled. The creator didn't like the changes that were being made to the story and 86'd it. Full copyright owners rock.
    anyone see that travesty of a film adaptation of Dragonball? Dragonball The Legend Begins? Utter crap.

I'd like to see a GI Joe movie... I remember when they were doing the "ninja force" thing with Cobra and GI Joe ninja teams... the closest thing to that you could ever get was the American Ninja flicks. Personally, there's nothing about GI Joe more compelling than Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. All the other Joes bore me.