Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    pretty much all the characters from the cartoon are in it. just not the same as the cartoon.

Optimus Prime (Peterbilt truck)
    Bumblebee (1974/2008 Chevrolet Camaro)
    Jazz (Pontiac Solstice)
    Ironhide (GMC Topkick pick-up truck)
    Ratchet (Search & Rescue Hummer H2)

Megatron (Cybertronian "jet")
    Starscream (F-22 Raptor)
    Barricade (Saleen-modified Ford Mustang police car)
    Frenzy (2-speaker CD player, mobile phone)
    Bonecrusher (Buffalo H Mine-Protected vehicle)
    Blackout (MH-53 Pave Low)
    Scorponok (mechanical scorpion)
    Brawl (Modified M1 Abrams)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfo...film)#Autobots
    wikipedia link so you can click on and see their g1.
    I am going to see it either tonight or tomorrow. However, what I don't understand about the cast (and haven't understood since the cast list was first released a long time ago) is why and how they would have frenzy, but not have soundwave. if frenzy was a CD player in the movie, they may as well have made him soundwave and had frenzy as a CD. And ravage and rumble were much cooler than frenzy anyway...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

from a transformer snob point of view, it also irked me that the name devastator was used... devastator was the robot the constructocons combined to form. Jazz shoulda been a porsche, not a pontiac and why is bumblebee a camaro? Ah well, I'm still gonna see it anyway...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

I think likely the choices of cars were due nearly entirely to the fact that it was 100% GMC product placement. I read an article that was talking about the issues associated with making them transform well, and apparently they had to do a lot of research into the cars themselves to make this believable. The extreme amounts of time required to develop a single 'con or 'bot (something like a full year) in this case likely forced the issue of having to have these sponsors so prevalent. I'm no Transformers die hard purist though.

One thing that bothered me was the fact that the actors ignored the bots TOO well when they were attempting to hide. For instance, any time Frenzy was "sneaking" seemed utterly laughable to me, considering he was 1) constantly making noise, 2) incredibly shiny metal, and 3) a good 3ft tall. There is *no* way that a load of soldiers and police wouldn't notice something like that walking about a tarmac in plain sight.

I still thought the movie was enjoyable though. Needed more gore though (hardly any blood at all...).

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    Jazz shoulda been a porsche, not a pontiac and why is bumblebee a camaro? Ah well, I'm still gonna see it anyway...
    Seven,

They had to change a few of the cars from different models because the directors/producers couldnt acquire the rights to use the proper model cars in the film. Bumbelebee for example...VW would absolutely not give them the rights to make him a VW bug, Why? Who knows. it could made them mucho $$$ in the long run IMO.

the way it seemed, with bumblebee at least, they fused his character with that of Hot Rod.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

a lot also had to do with the size. if bumblebee was a beetle he would be so small. plus they made it work i think.

devestator irked me too. they want to do the constructicons in the sequal. cant use devestator as the combined names.

gmc i am sure payed a but load of money to be in it. i think they made the vehicles work well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Chizica View Post
    VW would absolutely not give them the rights to make him a VW bug, Why? Who knows. it could made them mucho $$$ in the long run IMO.
    It probably went like this: "Transformers? Cool! Sign me u.........Oh wait, it's Michael Bay! nevermind."

a lot also had to do with the size. if bumblebee was a beetle he would be so small. plus they made it work i think.
    Well, in the cartoon, he was the smallest autobot. About 12' tall.
    -------------------------------------------
    "It is a good thing to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this."
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo, from Hagakure

they wanted to make him bigger. jazz was the smallest in the movie next to the frenzy thing.

i think they pulled them off all good.
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

VW didn't want to be associated with a movie with tons of violence...sissies...
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

GreenCloud, yeah, except there wasn't actually any blood in the movie, despite times when the 'bots were flinging people around with enough force to split them in twain and cause all sorts of mess. And the NYC streets scenes should probably have had blood just running in large pools through them. PG13 rating an all though.

Excellent movie, I really liked it. Too bad it wasn't the Beast Wars, though.

Quote Originally Posted by NJM View Post
    Excellent movie, I really liked it. Too bad it wasn't the Beast Wars, though.

BAH!

The next movie most assuredly must have Unicron.

If that happens, I'll be the first man ever to die in a theater as a result of Geekasm.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash View Post
    BAH!

The next movie most assuredly must have Unicron.

If that happens, I'll be the first man ever to die in a theater as a result of Geekasm.
    lol!!

they want to have soundwave in it, dinobots, and the constructicons.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    lol!!

they want to have soundwave in it, dinobots, and the constructicons.
    More like the Maximals and the Predicons.

Maximals? As in Beast Wars?

Please, no.
    -------------------------------------------
    "It is a good thing to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this."
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo, from Hagakure