Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers

Quote Originally Posted by n00854180t View Post
    I think likely the choices of cars were due nearly entirely to the fact that it was 100% GMC product placement. I read an article that was talking about the issues associated with making them transform well, and apparently they had to do a lot of research into the cars themselves to make this believable. The extreme amounts of time required to develop a single 'con or 'bot (something like a full year) in this case likely forced the issue of having to have these sponsors so prevalent. I'm no Transformers die hard purist though.

One thing that bothered me was the fact that the actors ignored the bots TOO well when they were attempting to hide. For instance, any time Frenzy was "sneaking" seemed utterly laughable to me, considering he was 1) constantly making noise, 2) incredibly shiny metal, and 3) a good 3ft tall. There is *no* way that a load of soldiers and police wouldn't notice something like that walking about a tarmac in plain sight.

I still thought the movie was enjoyable though. Needed more gore though (hardly any blood at all...).
    Gore was a non-issue in the film, IMO. It was about the battle between autobots and decepticons, no? robots don't bleed. prime specified that the autobots don't hurt humans, and the decepticons are wholly unconcerned with them (don't care if they die) so what point would gore have served?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    lol!!

they want to have soundwave in it, dinobots, and the constructicons.
    bah. screw unicron. the following are my list of which bots will need to be in the next movie if I am to die of geekasm:

soundwave
    ravage
    devastator - the real devatstator, not brawl renamed to devestator, as in this movie.
    mirage
    thundercracker
    skywarp
    thrust
    ramjet
    galvatron
    ultramagnus
    hot rod
    brawn

if I am being easy, I will geekasm if at least soundwave, ravage and galvatron are in it. Since megatron is supposed to be dead, it would make for a good entrance for galvatron.

Also, it would be awesome to see the triple changers, but design for them would be hard as hell.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by NJM View Post
    More like the Maximals and the Predicons.
    WHAT??!?! why?

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

the devistator was a mistake one of the producers said. it was suppossed to be brawl like in the toy line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

I would also geekasm if it had the only human capable of killing transformers - circuit breaker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit..._(Transformers)

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

C'mon, 7*. You know Grimlock would be sweet as hell.

I'd also like to see the Aerialbots transform into Superion.

And whoever said Beastwars needs to be b1tch slapped.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    I thought that was kinda funny, Prime's non-masked face moving nearly exactly as the BW Primal, down to the overly dramatic nose/upperlip parts.
    Many roads. One path.

Many styles. One art.

Many lineages. One practioner.

Quote Originally Posted by 5Animals1Path View Post
    I thought that was kinda funny, Prime's non-masked face moving nearly exactly as the BW Primal, down to the overly dramatic nose/upperlip parts.
    That was the only thing I didn't like about the prime design - he should have had the full mask.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    C'mon, 7*. You know Grimlock would be sweet as hell.

I'd also like to see the Aerialbots transform into Superion.

yeah, the dinobots would be awesome. I wouldn't mind seeing superion, but only because devastator needs some ass to kick.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    That was the only thing I didn't like about the prime design - he should have had the full mask.
    It was retractable. He had it in battle.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan View Post
    It was retractable. He had it in battle.

right, but talking without it just didn't look right. prime was a ninja.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

ahh, gotcha. Ya I agree with you on that one.

Hes so bad ass the only thing big enough to cover his girth of bad assatudness was an 18 wheeler!
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"

~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

and here is the little known

"chubby prime"

http://www.dkemb.org/uploaded_images...me!-715756.jpg
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan