Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Empiric evidence for MMA

I did a search for kung fu sparring. It came up at "of about 700 ". What made you pick these select few?

Oddly, mine didn't come up at all. I must not know the system well enough yet.
    When I searched "Kung fu sparring" on youtube the material that came up was two man set, kickboxing that was supposed to be kung fu, sand da and something that I truly don't know what it would be considered. So, instead of putting up the worse clips I found, I took my time and put up some of the better ones. Mind you, I had the "average joe" representation concept in my head.

Abel kindly put up clips that you think represents Kung fu at its finest or even at its average.

__________________________________________________ _________________________
    Last edited by Notintheface; 07-04-2007 at 01:05 PM.

In other words, "you do all the work". I'll take my time.

Here's me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8YZB5hta6A

what power!

LOL! Even TKD children have to laugh at that tippy-tappy fest!

lol I liked the sweep. Hey kudos for actually posting your won stuff but it actually proves my point. There is nothing there that differentiates your kung fu from point sparring or kick boxing. I still like the leg sweep!!

in other words, "you do all the work". I'll take my time.
    No I am still looking but your aid would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Notintheface View Post
    lol I liked the sweep. Hey kudos for actually posting your won stuff but it actually proves my point. There is nothing there that differentiates your kung fu from point sparring or kick boxing. I still like the leg sweep!!
    No I am still looking but your aid would be appreciated.
    Actually, there are many differences. The notion that CMA doesn't somehow kick and punch is ridiculous.

Actually, there are many differences. The notion that CMA doesn't somehow kick and punch is ridiculous.
    Abel you got your notions wrong

If I say, " Hmm, that looks no different than kick boxing." That means, I am taking into account that kung fu does kick and punch. Other wise I would say, "Hmm , that looks like Country Line dancing."

My notion is

There is nothing there that differentiates your kung fu from point sparring or kick boxing.
    This mean hey look you kick, punch, and spar like kick boxers.

This is your notion....

Actually, there are many differences
    Where? There was nothing different that could be extrapolated from that video clip to prove kung fu's claims. No one goes beyond kicking and punching. Plus, there is nothing unique to even differentiate it from Karate point sparring. So please tell me where my notion is incorrect.

so are you looking for something more like this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0-7U...elated&search=
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman

How about this group....seems like they mix it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lpRkNCPwYo

Sorry if it's been posted before(probably has somewhere).

gwa sow

Now we are headed in the right direction! Much kudos to them for trying to make their stuff work, even though some of it was flailing with head turning, but you could still see which techniques were applied constantly with success. I would most definitely consider the best kung fu, non glove, testing of skill I have seen to date. but I do have question, when you add hard contact will that start to break down? If you have video of hard contact I would love to see it.

Other than that, I can see there were a few beginners and some advance people which allowed a direct line to be drawn from beginner skill to more seasoned practitioner. Now as you continue to train in that manner would you broaden the area of influence?

You know that it is going to work on other kung fu systems but what about MT, Judo or Wrestling?

Also have you found out that certain techniques no longer apply? Do you allow them to work it off a jab and cross?

For example, the guy in all black starts to do knees and the other gentleman eats a few at time 2:32. Kudos that he tries to, and does, strike the throat to disengage the kneeing attack.

Overall This is most definitely heading in the right direction!

KUDOS NY WU TANG.

definatley cool if real. hope not some kind of half choreagraphed thing
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lpRkNCPwYo

**** MOTHER YA.... Kung fu ala dog brothers!

That I can respect and you can actually see some of the Bak mei techniques and not as much arm flailing ( I hate that **** ).

definatley cool if real. hope not some kind of half choreographed thing
    I was watching for repetition.Even though some of the techniques were repeated time and time again I did not notice any actual choreographed stuff. I do not agree with starting with a lunge punch but at least they are trying.

edit add*

I would like to see the war guys against other MMAers, thai fighters ect ect!
    Last edited by Notintheface; 07-05-2007 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notintheface View Post
    Where? There was nothing different that could be extrapolated from that video clip to prove kung fu's claims. No one goes beyond kicking and punching. Plus, there is nothing unique to even differentiate it from Karate point sparring. So please tell me where my notion is incorrect.
    Nearly everything behind the kicks and punches. I'm not going to bother arguing with you.

Note signature:

Nearly everything behind the kicks and punches. I'm not going to bother arguing with you.
    Note signature:
    One that is BS and a cop out in defining something. I see that this is your MO, if you can not explain something you resort to your sig or to name calling or whatever.... I'll one up you!

You have no ****ing clue as to what you are talking about

P.S. There was nothing special behind the kicks or punches. Power generation is universal unless you can throw a kick out of your ******* I could walk into a karate school and see the same stuff, actually, even a bit better Ok now you can go to your board and write about me kthanksbye hugs and kisses

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lpRk...watch_response (Hmm looks good to me)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0-7U...elated&search= ( respected these guys more than what you posted )
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8YZB5hta6A (looks like **** to me except that lil sweep thingy lol )
    Last edited by Notintheface; 07-05-2007 at 10:35 AM.

The reason behind "I don't want to bother arguing with you" is that you don't see past huge gross motor fuctions. What IS kung fu? Its in the details. Kickboxers move very differently. The tactics, techniques, strategies are way different.

You can't see it, I can't make you.

So then, we need now YOUR example of how the "Real deal" does it.

Or: Note signature.

"Ok now you can go to your board and write about me"

Why?