Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: !953 Kung Fu Fight on Yutube

Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel View Post
    Would you please put the word "some" in there. thank you.

ok, so why don't those tcma people who see this fight as a f-in embarassment educate this person and speak up?
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

It must just be by some miracle that Hak Fus' students became reputable fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by HOKPAIWES View Post
    It must just be by some miracle that Hak Fus' students became reputable fighters.
    you must be retarded, yes? The fact that Chan Hak Fu's students became fighters is because after this disgrace, he CHANGED THE WAY HE TRAINED.... I already said that TWICE. I guess you missed that part?

Agian, if you think this is a awesome fight, you must be retarded....

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Wow!!

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    ok, so why don't those tcma people who see this fight as a f-in embarassment educate this person and speak up?
    They do, You do , I do, many CMAists do, but they don't listen.

It doesn't have anything to do with you globalizing us ALL into their ranks.

That video linked to perhaps the greatest fight in the history of all mankind. It was practically epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    That video linked to perhaps the greatest fight in the history of all mankind. It was practically epic.

No, I think that was the state of sarcasm.

Just out of curiousity, LKFDMC, how do you know the background to this fight, and how the guy changed his cirriculum? I'm not doubting you. Just curious, as it was a very long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    "'Ng was 54. CH Fu was 27, still alive and overseeing a school"

I'm hoping that was a typo

I have heard that this was an exhibition match. Does anyone actually have all the details?
    Chan was considered as a junior student in the system (not a master)at the time of the fight, later in life he became a figurehead. It was a demo fight that took place Jan/17/54, there was some "bad blood" between the 2 fighters as many rumors were being thrown around so the demo match was an emotional one. The fight was stopped to prevent real injury as the fighters were starting to forget the "rules", the video quality being so poor doesn't reveal the blood. Chi magazine autumm 2002 has a big spread(29 pages) detailing the fight, origin and drama sorrounding it. They give Ngs' age as "53" and Chan Hak Fus' as "nearly 30).

The reason I like the fight as a TWC guy is many of our strikes and timing loops are being carried out out right here. I don't ccare they didn't get ko'd or choked out. At one point Hak Fu uses a rain storm of overhands to get control of the center of the ring, or the fist hook sending Ng into the ropes for example is what I enjoy seeing. The system has changed some since the fight yes, but it is the order in which things are presented rather than the actual changing of the art. Our seed punches are the same today as they were in the video.
    "Don't think,
    just train"

the fight was castrated by rules and the "fighters" clearly weren't really fighters.

Frankly I know some 17 year olds that would dominate ground and pound both of those demonstrators.

not kidding.

that was a terrible display of "kungfu" and is not representative of decent tcma in my opinion.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    the fight was castrated by rules and the "fighters" clearly weren't really fighters.

Frankly I know some 17 year olds that would dominate ground and pound both of those demonstrators.

not kidding.

that was a terrible display of "kungfu" and is not representative of decent tcma in my opinion.
    lol yeah like me or any one of my mates
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by HOKPAIWES View Post
    Our seed punches are the same today as they were in the video.
    wow i'm sorry ...i mean that must suck for you
    seriously i feel sorry for u u must get pounded on all the time

once again

sorry about that
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    wow i'm sorry ...i mean that must suck for you
    seriously i feel sorry for u u must get pounded on all the time

once again

sorry about that

It is ok, there is a long history of us being pounded on all the time. It all started somewhere around here-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wong_Yan-Lam

and then just kind of gets worse for us here-
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lama_%28martial_art%29
    "Don't think,
    just train"

Please don't invoke Wong yan Lam in your pathetic defense of this....

What's even funnier is your si gung originally talked trash about Lama Pai and about Wong yan Lam, then I guess you figured affiliation would make you seem tougher