Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is the sickest, most f-ed up thing ive ever heard about on tv.

This is the sickest, most f-ed up thing ive ever heard about on tv.

an absolutely, truly new low.

Contestants compete for organ.

http://us.video.aol.com/player/launc...pmmsid=1917101

sorry if you cant view the video

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6699847.stm

http://www.showbuzz.cbsnews.com/stor...n2861295.shtml

can you say exploitation? wheres the "makes me wanna puke" smilie?

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Didn't this turn out to be a hoax? I thought I read something that it isn't real....

The dates on the video and the articles are from late May....

-David

ooooooh....

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2876573.shtml

coincidentally its just a 'hoax'. riiiiiiight....

i dont know...i suppose that you hope it was, instead of that a tv network would stoop so low as to actually air a travesty like that. so it being a hoax would be an ideal reason.

there is hope for the human soul after all.....

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

this hit home

Quote Originally Posted by FuXnDajenariht View Post
    ooooooh....
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2876573.shtml
    coincidentally its just a 'hoax'. riiiiiiight....
    i dont know...i suppose that you hope it was, instead of that a tv network would stoop so low as to actually air a travesty like that. so it being a hoax would be an ideal reason.
    there is hope for the human soul after all.....
    FuXnDajenariht,

When your family and friends die needing transplants, while there are plenty of organs for them being buried or burned, look me up and let me know if it's still an eye rollin' issue and travesty.

The travesty is people suffering needlessly as valuable medical resources go to waste.

Every idiot whose been fooled into thinking there are miracle cures for future generations to be found in stem cells should get off their fantasy loving asses and back a proven technology. A beneficial proven science which can actually save real lives, saving real people in the here and now.

How many of you are organ donors?

How many are medical proxies for family members and donated their organs?

Who here has made the blind see, a child walk or a grown man live without being tied to a machine for half their days with a donation of living tissue?

Of those of you who aren't, what magic 8 ball did you look into to find out you, your family and loved ones would never need any in the future?

This forum must have one of the healthiest collections of readers and yet how many have stepped up to donate an organ they can live without to someone who cannot?

How many donate blood?

Ever volunteer to match and donate marrow for cancer patients?

Need be, which one the supreme all knowing moralists on the forum would step to and give me a kidney right now, sight unseen, with the only benefit to them being that they saved a life?

If this post has offended anyone, good.

@Sang Feng Fan, yes because obviously this proven technology you speak of was made prevalent by BANNING any research of it. Genius!

personally (waiting for a kidney transplant) I found this Dutch "prank" absolutely MARVELOUS!

their idea was to raise attention, which they obviously have managed to do.

the network in question has a reputation of raising issues in a sometimes controversial, "in-your-face" kind of way.

time to wake up, it could be you one day.
    "Barking dogs donīt bite..."

Reminds me of that report the BBC gave about some Cambodian TV sponsor televising a fight match between a lion and 40 unarmed midgets, where the lion won by eating and killing all 40 midgets....hahahaha......turned out to be a hoax.

But it makes you think, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by n00854180t View Post
    @Sang Feng Fan, yes because obviously this proven technology you speak of was made prevalent by BANNING any research of it. Genius!
    You are pretty weak minded, transplant tech that worked was introduced by the Nazi's in the early 1940's. They were able to create stable organ transplants Using high doses of steroids, which have been slowly replaced by drugs like Imuran and Psychlosporin.

Successful transplants have been around long before there was even the thought of cracking the Human genome.

edit: n00854180t, I love negative and uninformed comments from people with blank profiles and getting into a battle of wits with an unarmed person like yourself is the gravy.
    Last edited by Sang Feng Fan; 07-04-2007 at 08:58 AM. Reason: don't like to double post

Fighting on the Internet and competing in the Special Olympics have a lot in common. They are both exclusively for the Retarded. Anon

Among the many proud moments of my life was having my discipleship posted on Mantis Cave and one of the funniest was when I saw how they mis-spelled it. Moi

Actually the ONLY thing banned was Govt. funding of research using stem cells harvested after a certain date. Programs that use cells grown from cultures obtained before that date still get Govt. funding, and privately funded research has never been banned. Research has also never slowed down in countries other than the U.S.
    Considering the way the Govt runs things like the post office and the IRS, I`m happy to let private industry fund it. The potential profit makes them greedy......and I trust greed as a motivator.

Organ tissue research hasn't been banned in several hundred years...

That rant wasn't in support of stem cell research. And stem cell research isn't banned, only the creation of more "lines" is. It is closely regulated, but that is not banned.

That rant was about people who don't happen to want to be a living tissue donor. That happens to be his right to beleive non-donors are in the wrong, so long as he realizes that it is the non-dodnor's right to be a non-donar for any reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Without the self-righteousness

[QUOTE=Sang Feng Fan;775632]FuXnDajenariht,

Please do not interpret this as self-rightousness, as I have every form of it.

I donate both blood and plasma as often as I can (plasma at the aphoresis center downtown; blood after church mass).

I have volunteered EVERY stinkin molecule of my body for donation when I die.

I tried to donate a kidney to both my cousin and mother, but was denied (due to kidney disease in my family).

I think we all should be organ-donors, blood donors, as well as advance stem-cell research without using fertilized eggs. However, that might upset the apple cart for our prized health care system here in the U.S., now wouldn't it? The problem is also at the Governmental level. There are both politics and human nature at work here.

Most people don't have the courage to act on something until their ox is gored. And most politicians have no balls, which is how they got there.

A S

well the fact that most members on this forum know p!ss all about the other members, its kind of bewildering that you would jump down my throat like that. one with his own moral high horse accuses sumone else of the same.... ...whatever dude....

now that i infact do know that the show it a hoax though. i do think it was a clever awareness campaign, i did infact check that little box donating all my organs upon death in the back of my drivers license and i have in the past donated blood. maybe you should know these things before all the chest thumping self-righteous bs.

your right though. most people wouldn't donate to a stranger sight unseen, you gotta ask yourself though, how many people in every day life encounter friends or relatives in need of an organ donation?

it you wanna consider solving the problem though, then the government would probably hafta implement mandatory donor-ship. but that would get a little messy legally with the whole personal rights thing. i would actually be for that, but then again if a society is open to mandatory donations then it probably would find a large enough volunteer pool in the first place.

Anyone donate some new wiring?!

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    That happens to be his right to beleive non-donors are in the wrong, so long as he realizes that it is the non-dodnor's right to be a non-donar for any reason.
    Holy cow Becca! I know you're dyslexic but that's three spellings for the same word in one sentence!

BTW, I thought the show was a funny and good idea FWIW.

BTW2, I would love to give blood over here but since I'm English they won't let me for fear of BSE/CJD (despite my not having eaten meat since 1986)!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I've had women compete for my organ...

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    I've had women compete for my organ...
    Did they find it?