Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: another oldster takes a stand

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

Talking another oldster takes a stand

"George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Oh yeah. Me likey a lot. I would say he still has his sharp shooting skills to bank a shot like that off the ceiling. I can't even do that in pool.

"but officer, I did fire a warning shot. not my fault it hit em." ROFL

Another situation here, with some robbers in the DFW area. http://www.star-telegram.com/metro_n...ry/158522.html
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

well, in NC at least, if the person is in your home and facing you you don't need a warning shot.

the moral is: if you shoot him when he's running away, turn him over real quick and shoot him fast so the coroner can't tell the time difference and you can claim he spun as you double tapped....oh, wait, that won't work...ok, I double tapped him and he spun and I was scared and fired two more times....yea, that's it...just kill the ****er who broke in so it's your word against his...dead one

I'm getting ready to move to a not to savory area and will be purchasing a firearm for the first time since 2000. I know a shotgun is the weapon of choice for home defense but I still like the thought of 15 rounds of 10mm in double action....
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

wtf is 'invasion style manner'

Put it away old man! Don't point that thing at me!

He could've hurt someone with that...!

Forunately he just hit the perp in the head, where it appears there was nothing vital to damage.

It's interesting that old curmudgeons everywhere are taking more of a stand against young perps than most of the younger people these days. If more people tackled so-called chavs in the UK (including the police who've been completely emasculated by 'write everything in quadruplicate' BS), pointless, unworkable legislation like ASBOs wouldn't be necessary. It may end up being war on the streets for a while, but without wishing to sound too reactionary, sometimes you just need to fight.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    I'm getting ready to move to a not to savory area and will be purchasing a firearm for the first time since 2000. I know a shotgun is the weapon of choice for home defense but I still like the thought of 15 rounds of 10mm in double action....

I agree!!! Might I suggest a Glock 20.

Although I am not a big fan of the 10MM. More of a .40 guy myself. I own a Glock 22 which I use for concealed carry. As well as a Glock 19. But my home defense is a Mossberg 590A1 loaded with .00 buck and a rifled slug every 3rd shot, and a 1911 .45ACP Both great stopping power and since I live in an apartment, I dont have to worry about over penetration.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

They sold the storekeeper some weapons, carpet bombed the whole area, and drove over some 4000 year-old relics???
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

I'll put my vote in for a double eagle or 357 magnum. I prefer rifles though, really(gimme an M16A2 and I'm good to go...can probably still disassemble and clean them from memory), just not too practical for home defense.

I think he means they looked *sneaky* while doing it! Because casual robbers aren't "invasion style" haha.

Not sure what that means, but you know how the media likes to sensationalize everything.

Quote Originally Posted by n00854180t View Post
    I'll put my vote in for a double eagle or 357 magnum. I prefer rifles though, really(gimme an M16A2 and I'm good to go...can probably still disassemble and clean them from memory), just not too practical for home defense.

Hey ya know that now you're in TX, you can have full auto weapons. Granted you can get your local sherriff to sign of on the paperwork (form4), pass the extensive background check and the $15K+ for the M16. Gonna have to show you my semi auto M4.

**** nice! I knew the gun laws here were less stringent than in California, but didn't realize you can have full auto. What about the M249? Although the burst fire on M16's is practically worthless :P Much more effective to use the three rounds with well aimed shots. And it tends to jam the *******s up some. I'd probably buy an M4 if I had the cash to spare. Nothing like making Mickey ears on a 300 yard target with 6 rounds.

Yeah, would definitely like to check it out!

He could've hurt someone with that...!
    not likely w/ a .22 from inside the building. it wouldn't make it ouside unless it hit a window but even glass would take much of the energy out of it.

my grandfather's home defense weapon was a 10-22. And he did end up using it against an intruder one night. shot the fu((er in the leg a couple of times.

xcakid: are you x CA because they don't like guns?

I'm probably going to settle on a basic Mossberg 500 simply due to cost. We just bought the house and what with needing a new fridge, new ac and a new lawnmower...

I really, really want (santa puhleeeeeezzzeee) a Springfield SOCOM II....gawdam I've never lusted over a weapon so much....but will settle for the 500 and trick it out via cheaperthandirt.com

They sold the storekeeper some weapons, carpet bombed the whole area, and drove over some 4000 year-old relics???
    I think he means they looked *sneaky* while doing it! Because casual robbers aren't "invasion style" haha.
    Not sure what that means, but you know how the media likes to sensationalize everything.
    LOL, can I get a vote for question of the day?

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Mossberg 500 is a great, inexpensive shotgun. Comes with many interchangable barrels, from a short barrel great for home defense, to their slugster barrel-rifled with an integral scope mount, as well as a skeet barrel with interchangable chokes. The handguns are great back-up, but miss by an inch is a good as a mile, whereas a good spread will still take him out. The other great thing is everybody recognizes that unmistakable sound of a pump gun being racked. That, and staring down the business end of a 12 guage is enough to make most people sh1t themselves. Once you get settled, take the OL down to the local skeet range, and teach her how to handle it. Besides, you now have a great hobby that you can enjoy together.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    also-nuthin better than moving into a new home, in front of the local riff-raff, and bringing in your gun locker, and then making several trips back and forth from the car, each time carrying another firearm. My neighbors thought I was setting up a fortress. Then you can get a shovel, and carry several bodybags, rolled up carpets,a trunk, a few bowling ball bags...chainsaw...some quicklime...