Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: another oldster takes a stand

Quote Originally Posted by n00854180t View Post
    **** nice! I knew the gun laws here were less stringent than in California, but didn't realize you can have full auto. What about the M249? Although the burst fire on M16's is practically worthless :P Much more effective to use the three rounds with well aimed shots. And it tends to jam the *******s up some. I'd probably buy an M4 if I had the cash to spare. Nothing like making Mickey ears on a 300 yard target with 6 rounds.

Yeah, would definitely like to check it out!
    M249 SAW if you can find em. Not many in civilian market. They are upward of $20-30k last I looked. Around the same price for an M60E2. Cheapest way to start off with full auto is a MAC10/11. A guy I shoot with got one for around $1500. There are sub gun shoots here in TX as well so you can use them for competitions. Although living in Dallas county, good luck getting the sherriff to sign off on your paperwork. Best county for that is Denton. They actually have a dept. that does all the initial background checks. If you have a CHL, much easier.

You can have a concealed carry license here in TX. Providing again you pass a background check and handgun proficiency exam and written exam on laws. Prior military never has a problem with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    xcakid: are you x CA because they don't like guns?
    Oh you betcha. They exiled my Moderate Republican, Catholic, Guntoting NRA a$$ outta there. I was into martial arts and guns. By CA standards I am considered a "violent individual"
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Quote Originally Posted by n00854180t View Post
    I'd probably buy an M4 if I had the cash to spare. Nothing like making Mickey ears on a 300 yard target with 6 rounds.

Yeah, would definitely like to check it out!
    Heres a full auto one for sale. Only $10K plus the $200 the ATF charges. And tfr fees, but I know a licensed dealer nearby that will do it for under $100.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/976885548...pic_Sendra.htm

Really not an M4 but thats an easy conversion, upper assy, and telescoping stock.
    Last edited by xcakid; 07-06-2007 at 04:54 AM.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Don't think I'd buy a SAW if I could afford it. Those things are a ***** to carry. Might have to pick up some sort of pistol though.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    also-nuthin better than moving into a new home, in front of the local riff-raff, and bringing in your gun locker, and then making several trips back and forth from the car, each time carrying another firearm. My neighbors thought I was setting up a fortress. Then you can get a shovel, and carry several bodybags, rolled up carpets,a trunk, a few bowling ball bags...chainsaw...some quicklime...
    They let you have guns on LI?
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    sure. of course, for my pistol licence, I had to go through a six month waiting period and federal backround check. Hooked up with a personal security agency and got full carry easy enough, but that was in the eighties, nowadays, it's alot harder. You can still buy rifles in stores, though.

Wow, all I had to do was attend a 4 hour class for my concealed handgun permit.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

And then there's Alaska. No license required here for concealed carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    They sold the storekeeper some weapons, carpet bombed the whole area, and drove over some 4000 year-old relics???
    That just about made me shoot milk out my nose. And I haven't had any milk today!
    Royce can choke as many people as he wants. He'll never have a cartoon as cool as Jackie Chan Adventures.

-- Chang Style Novice

Well, don't vote 'fer Hillary mates, she'll take yer registered weapons for sure. Warn and remind all your friends.
    ~That was a public service announcement BTW. (and a little propaganda)