Thread: Shamrock Vs. Le

Shamrock Vs. Le

So, I have been hearing hints around a possible fight between these two in the future.

I hope it goes down, I would LOVE to see this fight.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Me too. But I think it is a long way off. Shamrock needs knee surgery which should put him out of action for several months and then he wants a rematch with Renzo.

In the meantime I would like to see Cung face a higher calibur of competition. Not because I don't think he is ready for Shamrock but to boost his status as a fighter.

Fryklund to Shamrock is a big jump and it does not make sense for Cung to fight someone like Shamrock that early in his career without a buildup. If he wins great but if he loses what does that do for his career? What does it do for Shamrock's? He will look like he was in over his head and Shamrock will have beaten a fighter in the infancy of his career who has never risen above C - Level competition in MMA.

I'd like to see him fight Ninja Rua first and Frank test himself against a top 10 MW like Denis Kang before having a super fight with Cung Le. The fight will sell, they just need to make it more worthwhile.

I think Le or Kang would school shamrock, that's just my guess though

Le v. Kang
    now thats hard to call
    Bless you

Quote Originally Posted by MysticNinjaJay View Post
    Me too. But I think it is a long way off. Shamrock needs knee surgery which should put him out of action for several months and then he wants a rematch with Renzo.

In the meantime I would like to see Cung face a higher calibur of competition. Not because I don't think he is ready for Shamrock but to boost his status as a fighter.

Fryklund to Shamrock is a big jump and it does not make sense for Cung to fight someone like Shamrock that early in his career without a buildup. If he wins great but if he loses what does that do for his career? What does it do for Shamrock's? He will look like he was in over his head and Shamrock will have beaten a fighter in the infancy of his career who has never risen above C - Level competition in MMA.

I'd like to see him fight Ninja Rua first and Frank test himself against a top 10 MW like Denis Kang before having a super fight with Cung Le. The fight will sell, they just need to make it more worthwhile.

It's a money fight in San Jose, for sure. I don't know how well it'll do elsewhere. I'd also both like to see this fight and think they're better off holding back for a while. I've been very impressed with Le's approach to his MMA career. He's building up slowly, working his way to steadily better and better opposition while maintaining his marketability. Very smart. His next step might (should?) be to fight a guy on about Fryklund's level who's more of a grappler, to test himself against that style as opposed to another brawler. Kalib Starnes, or someone similar, would be a good pick. Then a genuine top ten guy with some name value, though probably another brawler type. Robbie Lawler or Phil Baroni, maybe.

Frank needs to heal up. Much as I'd like to see it, there's no way he's going anywhere near Rua. Too much risk for too little reward. He'll take some time off, get in his Gracie rematch and a tune-up fight, and then look to fight Le in what they hope is a money match. To make sure, both guys are going to play it pretty safe til then.
    "My only 'aesthetic' is to be the guy who's NOT lying down on the ground broken." - WaterDragon

Quote Originally Posted by LeeCasebolt View Post
    To make sure, both guys are going to play it pretty safe til then.
    Yeah, I think that is going to be the case. I'd love to see both fighters break into the MMA top 10 before the bout (or atleast just Cung) to give the fight more significance but do see them playing it safe instead. This match will probably happen midway through next year if all goes well.

It would be a big draw in San Jose and a solid PPV for Showtime. Cung testing himself against a decent grappler and then facing someone like Robbie Lawler or Denis Kang would be a great set up for this match.

What kind of moves does Shamrock have? I always liked Cung Le, but her special moves were too hard to do. Whenever I picked her, I relied on her jumping ability, and how she could kick off the walls at the edge of the screen.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    What kind of moves does Shamrock have? I always liked Cung Le, but her special moves were too hard to do. Whenever I picked her, I relied on her jumping ability, and how she could kick off the walls at the edge of the screen.
    Someone plays to many video games....hehe