Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WC vs CLF Fight

WC vs CLF Fight

Ok - how NOT to fight using CLF. Obviously a person too afraid of getting hit. It's funny because if you forget about the CLF guy always running away and what he was doing from the waist down, his actual techniques were ok. He just needed to be more like the WC feller and pull his pants up from around his ankles and saddle up like a real cowboy! Yippie-ki-yay mo-fo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG_n7I7QUN0

nospam

yah the clip has been on the net for a long time. Each visit its a new style vs. wing chung.

today its CLF.

He just needed to be more like the WC feller and pull his pants up from around his ankles and saddle up like a real cowboy! Yippie-ki-yay mo-fo!
    thats not as easy as typing it. both fighters looked pretty poor.. The WC fighter had is hands so low in that BS "WC" stance. Notice that although he did punch him allot, he basically did nothing. I am sure if you watched the whole fight, you would see that he keeps getting up after he falls over.

I think its a clear picture of what happens when you don't train correctly. CLF fighters are fierce, you drop your hands like that and not cover... its all over.

When I first posted that a long time ago, I thought it was identified as WC vs. some mantis guy... It looks kind of like he's trying to use some "mantis hooks" at about 8 or 9 seconds in to defend himself. Hard to tell though
    Last edited by B-Rad; 07-08-2007 at 08:13 AM.

"I think its a clear picture of what happens when you don't train correctly."

Amen.

nospam

If it works it aint "BS"

Quote Originally Posted by monji112000 View Post
    The WC fighter had is hands so low in that BS "WC" stance. Notice that although he did punch him allot, he basically did nothing.
    This comment is just LOL funny mate...
    His hands and stance helped him avoid getting struck - plain and simple.
    and what about the fact all the other guy does is dance around with little skips and hops, now thats just fancy "BS" that serves no purpose. He wasted energy before even attacking

Are you bias towards the non WC fighter ?
    He punched him alot, but basically did nothing - talk about a contradiction.
    I guess if you like skipping and hoping then yeah the WC guy did nothing and the other guy was the man

I think its a clear picture of what happens when you don't train correctly. CLF fighters are fierce, you drop your hands like that and not cover... its all over.
    Well heres a comment that could fit 1000 styles.
    Im a Ving Tsun fighter, but i dont see this vid as proving either style is better or worse than the other - just the MEN fighting.
    Bruva - the CLF guy was just bad, dont take it personally.

DREW
    Training is the pursuit of perfection - Fighting is settling for results - ME

Thats not VT

"This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to"- TOOL

"I think the discussion is not really developing how I thought it would " - LoneTiger108

Its good to be the King - http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=2vqmgJIJM98

Originally Posted by liddel
    Are you bias towards the non WC fighter ?
    nope, its the opposite. A good fighter is a good fighter , it doesn't matter if they use sanda , Wing Chun , Krav Maga or MMA. I personally don't care.

Originally Posted by liddel
    His hands and stance helped him avoid getting struck - plain and simple.
    thats one opinion, I have state my opinion. I would ever argue that standing like that (neutral, with hands in a Tan sao guarding hand) is very hard to fight in. I have seen someone pull it off.. but its still much harder and honestly not logical. JMO Wing Chun = logic (not a particular stance every stance is a wing chun stance).

I have never fought a CLF fighter, and I have never seen one fight with skill. I have heard first hand info about fights and fighters. I really like to play the style vrs style crap game.

I don't personally care for Ving Tsun (leung ting/emi bonzepte) .. JMO I am sure if I visited every school I would find some good fighters.

The fight sucks plain and simple (they would prob kick my **** anyway).
    Last edited by monji112000; 07-10-2007 at 06:59 AM.

Change of heart ?

I only asked because using "BS" kinda implies a dislike....

The WC fighter had is hands so low in that BS "WC" stance.
    And just for the record WT = Leung Ting, and i dont care for it either.

DREW
    Training is the pursuit of perfection - Fighting is settling for results - ME

Thats not VT

"This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to"- TOOL

"I think the discussion is not really developing how I thought it would " - LoneTiger108

Its good to be the King - http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=2vqmgJIJM98

thats not CLF, thats northern mantis

Quote Originally Posted by htowndragon View Post
    thats not CLF, thats northern mantis
    I would say itīs neither...itīs just crap...

here is some northern mantis (yu family qi xing tang lang):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HRhqyAxJN8

these guys are not "masters" nor are these "gong sao matches" but to my eye this looks more like fighting than what I saw on the video posted in the first message...ok, this is competition with rules...but still...just my opinion...
    "Barking dogs donīt bite..."

ok lets see...didnt see anything their to suggest the two train in wc or clf. things have sure changed in the last couple of decades. the two wouldnt get far nowadays.

Chun/Gwa/Sau

Fight seemed pretty realistic. Not like a sports fight. It's annoying when people compare apples and oranges like that. I think most folks will be afraid of getting hit too, if you were engaged in a barefist fighting tournamnet.

How is this mantis?

You can see he tried to use chun, Gwa, Sau. Might be two chaps to the head as well. The WC guy did pretty well dominating the center line by just straigh punches. CLF guy lacked forward extension and momentum. Gau/Sau only works well with both arms, like whip chain. a bit slow with one arm compared to straight punches.

i know its mantis because there's a chinese site that i saw about a year ago detailing the bio of both fighters. the wing chun guy was a beginner student of wong shaun leung who's last name was also wong

the other guy was a friend of his who was from a northern mantis school in hong kong.

Quote Originally Posted by stout View Post

How is this mantis?

good question. on a "deeper" level it reminds me that a punch is a punch is punch...

I have also come across this clip previously as "wc vs. mantis"...

realistic? well, it certainly is not sports, agreed. but they still seem to have a set of rules. no fighting on the ground...I do not mean they should have grappled but a nice little stomp or kick to the head while the other guy is down would be realistic..
    "Barking dogs donīt bite..."

Quote Originally Posted by Liddel View Post
    I only asked because using "BS" kinda implies a dislike....

And just for the record WT = Leung Ting, and i dont care for it either.

DREW
    I thought the rest of my second post explained what I was saying.

"...The WC fighter had his hands so low in that BS "WC" stance...."(my post)

That stance is what I called BS, becouse its nobody fights like that. Its for training mostly. Holding your hands like that makes it very hard to win a fight. JMO as I stated in WC we have no set stance. You have to use logic and reason , if a stance has a benifit for that moment then its a WC stance.

WT = LT EB its basically the same fighting style, EB just added some basic FMA and some really bad turkish oil wrestling.

JMO I don't really care for the whole lot. I am still waiting on all the hot air they have been saying to come true.. were is the UFC fighters they have been training?

Quote Originally Posted by htowndragon View Post
    i know its mantis because there's a chinese site that i saw about a year ago detailing the bio of both fighters. the wing chun guy was a beginner student of wong shaun leung who's last name was also wong

the other guy was a friend of his who was from a northern mantis school in hong kong.
    The Wing Chun guy was a student of Wong Shun Leung's. His name is Wu Chan Nam - and is now a sifu.