Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite lines from martial arts movies

Talking Favorite lines from martial arts movies

They can be favorites for whatever reason. There are lots of lines I like for their pure cheesiness.
    I'll start off with a line that transports me back to the groovin' seventies. Jim Kelly in Enter the Dragon, "Man, you come right out of a comic book."

In Ninja in the Dragon's Den, Kwan Young Moon brings his ninjas to kill Hiroyuki Sanada and when his last ninja gets defeated, Moon says to him "You call yourself a ninja! AHHHH", and then smashes him one in the ribs.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

"I have shown you the dragon, but you have not seen him" - the perfect weapon

"you guys musta learned from the ABRIDGED book of ninja fighting" - the original TMNT

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum - and I'm all out of bubblegum"

too many lines to type from "big trouble in little china"

"I swear I'll make you pray for death" - pray for death
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

"Kungfu doesnt mean you can fight. Kungfu means you live your life in pain!"

i cant remember what movie, some old shaw flick probably, but i think im going to get it tattood on my ass
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

"what ? you 30 against me ?"
    BBWWAAHHH !!!

" you all must be tired of living" !!

''the art of fighting without fighting''- Bruce in ETD

''What good are ethics when your dealing with Manchu Killers!''- Master Killer

''The Old Schmuck is gonna go GA GA over this one!''- Ninja Hunter

''Death is meaningless to Boxers''- Legendary weapons of kung fu

''Professor your sword style has much improved'' w/ reply '' yes your spearplay is better too''- Challenge of the masters

''I have no arms you have no eyes'' w/reply ''But, I have eyes'' antagonist eye gouges with ''special arms'' victim screams''aaaaahhhhhhgggggghhh'' screen goes red in Shaw Bros Glory- Crippled Avengers

"Do you really think you can defeat me? I'll beat you down in less than thirty strokes!" *

*(that statement can be taken in a number of ways).

That last one reminds me of the greatest/dirtiest line in any movie ever made. My girlfriend dragged me to go see "The Nativity."

The line (caused me to burst out laughing in a silent theater, and I actually had to leave my seat because my girlfriend was elbowing me in embarassment):

When asked how she became pregnant, Mary replies:

"The Holy Spirit came upon me."

My favorite martial arts lines are from Bloodsport:

All sound like they were recorded by the retarded--

"What kind of a deal?"

"Okay, USA!"

"Dux! You know, like put up your dukes, right?"

"Beware! Your bones are going to be disconnected."

I couldn't remember where that was from, so I cheated and searched for it. Apparently it's from a movie called Kung Fu Cult Master, which I must have seen as part of a Hong Kong Cinema themed movie series played at one of the local independent theaters, years ago.

From Fearless Hyena 1:

The Killer (can't remember his name) finds Jackie Chan's grandpa.

"You must be lonely, living here alone !"

Karate Kid

Put 'em in a body bag Johnny!
    Don't think about being good in the next year or five years...think about being good in the next 50 years. Learn to love the process of being good, not the anticipation of being good.

Blog Entries
    The Last Dragon:
    -C'mon coolie, kiss my converse!
    -Catches bullets with his teeth? N**** Please!

Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story:
    -She EEZ one of my OWN!

Enter the Dragon:
    -Now why doesn't someone take a fo-tee five and BAM, setto it?

The Protector
    -Gimme tha f***** keys! (said by Jacie Chan)

The Big Brawl
    -Let's make some nice nice (again, by Jackie)

The Karate Kid
    -Now use head for someting beside target!
    The 10 Elements of Choy Lay Fut:
    Kum, Na, Gwa, Sau, Chop, Pow, Kup, Biu, Ding, Jong

The 13 Principles of Taijiquan:
    Ward Off, Roll Back, Press, Push, Pluck, Elbow, Shoulder, Split, Forward, Back, Left, Right, Central Equilibrium

And it doesn't hurt to practice stuff from:
    Mounts, Guards, and Side Mounts!

Austin Kung-Fu Academy

Legend of New Shaolin

"Did you bring me chicken ass?"

two of the GREATEST quotes of all time are from "shogun assassin":

"When I was little, my father was famous. He was the greatest Samurai in the empire, and he was the Shogun's decapitator. He cut off the heads of 131 lords, for the Shogun. It was a bad time for the empire. The Shogun just stayed inside his castle and he never came out. People said his brain was infected by devils, and that he is rotting with evil. The Shogun said the people were not loyal. He said he had a lot of enemies, but he killed more people than that. It was a bad time. Everybody living in fear, but still we were happy. My father would come home to mother, and when he had see her, he would forget about the killings. He wasn't scared of the Shogun, but the Shogun was scared of him. Maybe that was the problem. That night, mother would sing for us, while father would go into his temple and pray for peace. He had prayed for things to get better. Then, one night the Shogun sent his ninja spies to our house. They were supposed to kill my father, but they didn't. That was the night everything changed, forever. That was when my father left his samurai life and became a demon. He became an assassin, he walks the road of vengeance. And he took me with him. I don't remember most of this myself. I only remember the Shogun's ninja hunted us wherever we go. And the bodies falling. And the blood." "

and:

"When cut across the neck, a sound like wailing winter winds is heard, they say. I'd always hoped to cut someone like that someday, to hear that sound. But to have it happen to my own neck... is ridiculous."
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter