Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: pope to the rest of you...

pope to the rest of you...

Kung Fu is good for you.

just what we needed. instead of Jews and Muslims fighting, it will be Protestants and Catholics again. like the "good ole time" in Northern Ireland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

I know I haven't read the entire New Testament, let alone the various versions of it, but I don't remember Jesus ever saying I had to follow another man to follow him.

I could be wrong though. Maybe instead of the son of God speaking for me, it'll be a German with a thing for Prada shoes.
    Many roads. One path.

Many styles. One art.

Many lineages. One practioner.

The new Pope just looks ****ing evil to me...... I want his head checked for the mark!

Religious intolerance is the backbone of Christianity. It is the entire purpose of the missionary imperaritive, baptism, the holy eucharist, and ultimately Christ's crucifiction. The essential message is;

1.We have the answers.

2.You don't.

3.Convert or be da mned.

Why is anyone surprised by this?

Ratzinger reminds me of the Evil emperor from Starwars.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    Religious intolerance is the backbone of Christianity. It is the entire purpose of the missionary imperaritive, baptism, the holy eucharist, and ultimately Christ's crucifiction. The essential message is;

1.We have the answers.

2.You don't.

3.Convert or be da mned.

Why is anyone surprised by this?
    Incorrect, never mistake what something is for what people have made it.

As a Roman Catholic all I can say is...

Whoooo hoooooo! We're number one!

And remember, nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

This is his second controversial move in two weeks, first the return of the Latin mass with the prayer against the jews, now this.... so much for trying to build on John Paul's legacy

From a historical perspective, it seems that as soon as the primary figure in a religion is no longer around, peopel muck it up....

Study what Jesus himself taught and preached, understand what it meant in his day and in his context (psst he was a JEW), and compare it to the current Church, sad state of affairs. Much of it traces to Paul, a guy who never even met Jesus and whom Jesus' brother James disagreed strongly with

Similar situation in Islam, to the point that the actual family of Mohammed was slaughtered by the "majority"
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    This is his second controversial move in two weeks, first the return of the Latin mass with the prayer against the jews, now this.... so much for trying to build on John Paul's legacy

From a historical perspective, it seems that as soon as the primary figure in a religion is no longer around, peopel muck it up....

Study what Jesus himself taught and preached, understand what it meant in his day and in his context (psst he was a JEW), and compare it to the current Church, sad state of affairs. Much of it traces to Paul, a guy who never even met Jesus and whom Jesus' brother James disagreed strongly with

Similar situation in Islam, to the point that the actual family of Mohammed was slaughtered by the "majority"
    Very true, too true.
    Now the Pope wants to give the "real" interpretation of the Vatican II council, too bad that all that were there are now dead...

The fact that JC preached love and acceptence is irrelevant to these a-holes.

The fact that JC preached love and acceptence is irrelevant to these a-holes.

Reply]
    Which is why I abandoned the Catholic church before my balls even dropped.

But he's infallible

I think somewhere in the bible;

if 2 or 3 people gets together, then a church/commune is formed.

the head of the churche is GOD.

the church is the body.

we are part of the body.

etc etc.

The corner stone of faith is faith, belief, NOT organized religion, as much as the different churches want people to believe it, they speak for NO ONE.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    The corner stone of faith is faith, belief, NOT organized religion, as much as the different churches want people to believe it, they speak for NO ONE.
    while this is true, spj hit it on the head. The bible states that where at least 2 or 3 come together, God will be among them. THAT is the basis for gathering at church - believers gathering to be in the presence of God. Naturally, this would spawn various organizations.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter