Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aikido vs Bagua Zhang

Aikido vs Bagua Zhang

Through my studies I have found that Aikido and Bagua have many similar aspects to them. I am aware of the history surrounding both arts and the stories about the basis for aikido being in Bagua( ??true or not??)I was wondering what you all thought about this ?

I think you're a fruit loop and a great example of everything that is wrong with CMA today.....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Aikido came from Daito-ryu Aikijutsu ansd while O-sensei was in China, I don't recall him having trained under any Bagua master.

If you can find a common link somewhere, you may have a "case".

Fact is, systems that are based on circular re-direct will look very much the same because the human body only moves in X number of ways.

Aikido is based upon unrealistic attacks and relies upon total cooperation of the partner

Tattoo is a LARP'er who lives in a ginger bread castle in the sky, is seeking a cooperative partner...

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    I think you're a fruit loop and a great example of everything that is wrong with CMA today.....
    coming from you I will take this as a compliment.

Aikido is based upon unrealistic attacks and relies upon total cooperation of the partner
    So true this is.

Tattoo is a LARP'er who lives in a ginger bread castle in the sky, is seeking a cooperative partner...
    This is not what I am talking about . I am talking about the REAL Martial Art of Aikido not the demilitarized version done now a days, idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Aikido came from Daito-ryu Aikijutsu ansd while O-sensei was in China, I don't recall him having trained under any Bagua master.

If you can find a common link somewhere, you may have a "case".

Fact is, systems that are based on circular re-direct will look very much the same because the human body only moves in X number of ways.
    Thanx, I am aware of this.

Huge sweeping generalization of Aikido.

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    This is not what I am talking about . I am talking about the REAL Martial Art of Aikido not the demilitarized version done now a days, idiot.
    anyone see the trend here

The "real" martial art of Aikido... which no one seems to be able to demonstrate

The "real" ground grappling of CMA,... which no one seems to able to demonstrate

YET, and this is the best part, according to the lunatic here, the UFC is fake

The "real" martial art of Aikido... which no one seems to be able to demonstrate

The "real" ground grappling of CMA,... which no one seems to able to demonstrate

Ok, that was funny.

Trying to argue about "fighting aikido" is like trying to argue that raquet ball is really Free Mason fencing in disguise

Ueshiba (sp?) explicitly stated that Aikido was a spiritual discipline, not a martial art, aimed at teaching people to "harmonize with eachother"

A real martial art wouldn't base its entire existance on a guy running at you from across the room with his hand over his head in a "karuhtty chop" pose

Ueshiba (sp?) was a member of a Shinto cult, his views on "harmony" and mankind were very influenced by his membership

Attempts to "recreate" the "martial art" just take it back to Aikijitsu, ie Jujitsu, which has been officially dead since the police college challenges

This is the sign of you mental problems right here .

Plenty of people practice these arts , they either do not have the time or care to post here or a variety of other REASONS.

As for the UFC I did not say it was fake. You find where I posted that.Prove it
    b!tch

Anyone that knows how to read and comprehend without reading into it how they want to will tell you that is not what I posted . Only and insucure, illiterate moron would read what I posted and say that is what I said.

You my friend are and insane idiot.

Trying to argue about "fighting aikido" is like trying to argue that raquet ball is really Free Mason fencing in disguise

Ueshiba (sp?) explicitly stated that Aikido was a spiritual discipline, not a martial art, aimed at teaching people to "harmonize with eachother"

A real martial art wouldn't base its entire existance on a guy running at you from across the room with his hand over his head in a "karuhtty chop" pose

Ueshiba (sp?) was a member of a Shinto cult, his views on "harmony" and mankind were very influenced by his membership

Attempts to "recreate" the "martial art" just take it back to Aikijitsu, ie Jujitsu, which has been officially dead since the police college challenges
    Ueshiba's move from practical MA to Budo art are well documented.
    In his book Budo, you see him doing serious aikijutsu and even ground work.

Aikikai is very much still O-Sensei influenced but there are branches/dojo's venturing into practical aikido, the Yoshinkan has always been more practical, but only after the BB level.
    Tomiki is very sport oriented.

The Daitoryu still exsists today.

Tell us all where we can find these "real" aikido schools where they do "real fighting"?

They must be hiding in the same cave with all the Chinese kung fu masters who could win PRIDE but don't want the exposure

It's a big cave, because it's also filled with all those Chi Kung masters who could claim James Rhandi's million dollars but simply "aren't motivated to do it"

Oh, by they way, I'd hazard to guess my academic credentials would blow yours away, "Shaolin university" isn't an acredited academic institution