Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aikido vs Bagua Zhang

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Trying to argue about "fighting aikido" is like trying to argue that raquet ball is really Free Mason fencing in disguise

Ueshiba (sp?) explicitly stated that Aikido was a spiritual discipline, not a martial art, aimed at teaching people to "harmonize with eachother"

A real martial art wouldn't base its entire existance on a guy running at you from across the room with his hand over his head in a "karuhtty chop" pose

Ueshiba (sp?) was a member of a Shinto cult, his views on "harmony" and mankind were very influenced by his membership

Attempts to "recreate" the "martial art" just take it back to Aikijitsu, ie Jujitsu, which has been officially dead since the police college challenges
    Where would you get that idea and association?? They are not even the same thing you moron. Only someone with severe mental problems would say something like this. You must be schitzophrenic. Are you??

You do not see these arts properly , you have a very narrow mind and lack any true knowledge on these subjects.

That is one school of thought regarding Aikido , just ushiba's way and essentially the deepest part of any art. That was his emphasis, but it comes from an actual martial art. idiot

get a clue.

The "practical" aikido you see always comes from the people who cross trained at the Kodokan. And whenever they have to randori, the stuff that they manage to pull off is always the judo material.

Watch a Yoshinkan competition, as soon as it goes to randori, it becomes Judo. None of the characteristic aikido techniques exist in that realm.

Daitoryu exists, but has about as much relevance to today's empty hand combat as pieces from Gettysburg do to modern warfare

Classical jujitsu ceased to be relevant the day after the police college challenge. Any modern "jujitsu" that has any function whatsoever is heavily influenced by JUDO

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Ueshiba's move from practical MA to Budo art are well documented.
    In his book Budo, you see him doing serious aikijutsu and even ground work.

Aikikai is very much still O-Sensei influenced but there are branches/dojo's venturing into practical aikido, the Yoshinkan has always been more practical, but only after the BB level.
    Tomiki is very sport oriented.

The Daitoryu still exsists today.
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

watching Tattoo dissolve into a raving lunatic is worth the price of admission. It's more fun than telling kids that there is no tooth fairy

Darn, I guess Tattoo didn't know that! Now he's wondering how he got all those nickles when he was a kid, but it also explains why once he moved out of his house the money stopped appearing, too bad he has already pulled out all but one of his teeth

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

The "practical" aikido you see always comes from the people who cross trained at the Kodokan. And whenever they have to randori, the stuff that they manage to pull off is always the judo material.

Watch a Yoshinkan competition, as soon as it goes to randori, it becomes Judo. None of the characteristic aikido techniques exist in that realm.

Daitoryu exists, but has about as much relevance to today's empty hand combat as pieces from Gettysburg do to modern warfare

Classical jujitsu ceased to be relevant the day after the police college challenge. Any modern "jujitsu" that has any function whatsoever is heavily influenced by JUDO
    You realize that Saigo was a Daito-ryu guy right?
    I think that many koryu jujutsu systems became judo, yes.
    Popularity = survival in the MA.

As for practical aikido being judo, well...I don't wanna get into that debate, it will lead to the whole chicken or the egg thing.

Tell us all where we can find these "real" aikido schools where they do "real fighting"?

They must be hiding in the same cave with all the Chinese kung fu masters who could win PRIDE but don't want the exposure

It's a big cave, because it's also filled with all those Chi Kung masters who could claim James Rhandi's million dollars but simply "aren't motivated to do it"

Oh, by they way, I'd hazard to guess my academic credentials would blow yours away, "Shaolin university" isn't an acredited academic institution
    BLAHBLHA BLAHBLAHBLAH Same **** different day. Not like it matters to you any way . You will talk **** and say that they are not this or they are that ,whatever.

Nothing is as good as what you do and believe , your superioity complex is going to be and is your down fall.

Your problem is that you take your bad experiences and the lame stories about other martial artists and pin them on everyone, which is immmature and just plain stupid.

Stop making blanket and general statments and act as if they absolutely apply to everyone or all of us.

As for your education it does not seem to be doing much for you. I have friends who are scientist , doctors , lawyers , judges not to mention my own education , wooopp tee doo

who gives a F#Ck??
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 07-11-2007 at 12:42 PM.

translation = no, he can't point us towards any aikido that actually works

LMFAO @ "my downfall"

If my "downfall" is having a hugely successful school and training people who can actually fight, yup, it's happened already!

You come on like a comic book, a cheap pulp comic book

oh, and the answer is, no one gives a f@ck about you ........

translation = no, he can't point us towards any aikido that actually works

LMFAO @ "my downfall"

If my "downfall" is having a hugely successful school and training people who can actually fight, yup, it's happened already!

You come on like a comic book, a cheap pulp comic book
    Interpret it how you want . Im glad you have the success that you desire.

There is more to what we do than just fighting, although a very large part of it is practical application= fighting. This seems to be more of hwat you promote and your ego and posts are direct proof of this.

oh, and the answer is, no one gives a f@ck about you ........
    Oh whaaan I could cry. It appears you do or you would not be responding to what I post.

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post

There is more to what we do than just fighting
    you can script these things, they always go the same way

the last refuge of the ginger bread castle patrol, when all else fails, revert back to the "it's not just about fighting"

which = no, we can't fight.....

you can script these things, they always go the same way

the last refuge of the ginger bread castle patrol, when all else fails, revert back to the "it's not just about fighting"

which = no, we can't fight.....
    I have already had my days of fighting for real I am past that now. I teach people to use what I teach to defend themselves= FIGHTING. I am still curious as to what type of psychosis you are going through to cause you to respond the way you do based on the posts that you are responding to.

You have yet to really answer the questions posed to you and others and always find a way to duck and dodge them. This is the sign of someone who has severe mental problems .

Maybe you should stop getting hit in the head for awhile and give your body a chance to rejuvinate those brains cells before that option is no long possible.

where in post did I say "IT IS NOT ABOUT FIGHTING?? HUH

Interpret it how you want . Im glad you have the success that you desire.

There is more to what we do than just fighting, although a very large part of it is practical application= fighting. This seems to be more of what you promote and your ego and posts are direct proof of this.
    HERE IS THE POST AGAIN, WHERE DID I SAY IT WAS NOT ABOUT FIGHTING????

I have already had my days of fighting for real
    when and where?

I teach people to use what I teach to defend themselves
    we need to have pitty for those people

I am still curious as to what type of psychosis you are going through
    I am not the dillusional freak living in LA LA LAND

You have yet to really answer the questions posed to you
    Just because you dont like the answers doesn't mean they haven't been answered

So, again, where are these practical aikido schools?

Aikido is touchy, feely, pseudo-intellectualism wrapped in Amer-Asia delusians.

Even the tougher stuff like the Yoshinkan sect is better left dead for something you can learn faster and with more practical training. Yoshinkan has been known to make a believer out of some but you have to think of what context that is in reference to.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    Aikido is touchy, feely, pseudo-intellectualism wrapped in Amer-Asia delusians.

Even the tougher stuff like the Yoshinkan sect is better left dead for something you can learn faster and with more practical training. Yoshinkan has been known to make a believer out of some but you have to think of what context that is in reference to.
    Yoshinkan can be very good or very bad, sometimes even worse than the Aikikai.