Page 256 of 276 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 4131

Thread: An Epic of Internet-challenge Stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    One day, someone will explain to me why one would be reluctant to add something that works to his/her MA arsenal.
    Because to some people this would be like altering the Bible. Everything is already there, you just need to look for it.

Tomas

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    Because to some people this would be like altering the Bible. Everything is already there, you just need to look for it.

Tomas
    That's fine, then LOOK.
    And if it isn't, then look elsewhere and find it, but you gotta look.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Reply]
    Well said. What many do not see, is you can just add some BJJ to your collection of tactics, and that does not change the rest of your system. You can do everything the kung fu way all the way untill you find yourself on your back with a grappler on top of you. Once that happens, Kung Fu NEVER had answers for that anyway, so why not just cross in the arts that do?

I saw add grappling, call it squating turtle humps log or whatever and say it's TCMA, just add what works and screw the rest.

Funny thing is that tradition demands that an art/system be effective, to go against that is to be an un-tradionalist.

Greed ruins everything.

Funny thing is that tradition demands that an art/system be effective, to go against that is to be an un-tradionalist.
    Exactly. Now open a school and pass on the message. Many TCMAers forget that little part.

Along with the fact that many of the GMs in the past fought.

Maybe they think that by adding BJJ or submission grappling, it is not *inert TCMA here*, which is silly, your core system will always be the same, just because you add something that was missing won't change that.

Maybe they think that by adding BJJ or submission grappling, it is not *inert TCMA here*, which is silly, your core system will always be the same, just because you add something that was missing won't change that.
    Right. That is what kills me. CMA has been combining, removing, modifying, and adapting different styles for centuries.

Yet, you have the vocal group that believes their art is pure. No art is pure. If that was the case no art would have similar strikes or kicks. Yes, mechanics may be slightly different but, for the most part, it is all basically the same.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    The only minor issue is that back in those days people stayed off the ground because it is a dangerous place to be, and it was not very likely your opponent would follow you there even if he slammed yoou there in the first place. Even if he did, he stood on his feet and kicked you while you were down, rather than go down with you. Today however, this is pretty much forgotten, because of the popularity of ring sports.

Do you just flat-out ignore evidence that does fit into your warped perception of things?

In the early UFCs this was legal. In PRIDE this was legal. JFS could have kicked Os while he was down. It's not a CHOICE to 'follow' someone to the ground if they take you there and control you.

It was still illlegal to pull a knife and start stabbing them repetedly.

Did you miss the military episode of Human Weapon? Where Jayson tried to take it to the ground, and the Marine just pulled a foam Ka-Bar and stabbed him a dozen and one half times? He tried to defend his tactic, but couldn't because he got stabbed repeatedly.

The sergeant even yelled at him and told him"That's what you get fo trying to take it to the ground!"

Chinese Kung Fu had all sorts of issues to deal with that the ring does not, most commonly were knives, and multiple opponents. BOTH were common factors, and BOTH made going to the ground sheer stupidity. Because of that, you just don't see heavy ground fighting skills in CMA. When you do the concept is to try and keep to your feet, or as close as possible so you maintain mobility. If you find yourself down, the goal is to get up, and mobile as quickly as possible.

SOOOOO, if a Kung Fu guy wants to fight in a sporting element, where Ground grappling is prominent, he's got to add that to his training because he is going to have to deal with it.
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 10-02-2007 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    It was still illlegal to pull a knife and start stabbing them repetedly.

Did you miss the military episode of Human Weapon? Where Jayson tried to take it to the ground, and the Marine just pulled a foam Ka-Bar and stabbed him a dozen and one half times? He tried to defend his tactic, but couldn't because he got stabbed repeatedly.

Chinese Kung Fu had all sorts of issues to deal with that the ring does not, most commonly were knives, and multiple opponents. BOTH were common factors, and BOTH made going to the ground sheer stupidity.
    Stop, just stop.
    Let it go.

Stop, just stop.
    Let it go.
    Good advice.
    Site Director, Bullshido.com
    No BS Martial Arts

I second that.

Why? you can't handle too much common sense?? Am I over challenging your brainwashed MMA paradime with too much reall facts?

You can't handle too much critical thinking?

Okay moron, you carry a Ka-Bar knife everywhere you go so you can feel safe. Be sure to take into places where alcohol is served and airports too.