Page 259 of 276 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 4131

Thread: An Epic of Internet-challenge Stupidity

****, if I lurk I can still see the wee pind!ck...

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    Mr. Punch!! Ur Ugly, and ur Mom dresses you funny!!
    That's true I'm afraid. Except for the ugly part. And the fact that my mum lives on the other side of the globe.

And if that's the best you've got, here's a little something for you...
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

The only thing missing is the actual laying down on the ground, and snuggling for submission "BJJ style" while the insurgent bayonets you in the back.
    So you are saying the military is wrong

Reply]
    A lot of people do not agree with the military BJJ. It's not just me.
    Those people either have experience of the military, BJJ, or both... or their opinion is worth as much as yours. Which is this much.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Do any of them have military close quarters combat experience? Or do you have any evidence/studies that show it's not working? If it's being taught, and feedback from the field is positive, then I don't see what the problem is.

Reply]
    One of my old sparring partners is a Marine (retired now). He is from before the BJJ invasion though. He was very against it because it trains you to go to the ground. He feels the system they had before was better.

If you paid attention, the BJJ was met with a lot of resistance by military people for many of the reasons I have already layed out on this thread (and got blasted for).

Although, what I saw on Human weapon was not really BJJ. it was more like certain BJJ techniques were taken, but only to use if absolutely necessary. The rest of it was totally *Not* the BJJ mentality at all.

If you guys paid attention to that segment, Jason Chambers was doing the empty hand combat tests with them, and at one point, he took it to the ground. The Marine he was fighting just pulled a knife and stabbed him a bunch of times. The drill Sergent yelled at him and said "THAT is what you get for *Trying* to take it to the ground!!" which is a mindset in total opposition to BJJ...even if they are borrowing a few techniques from it for use during policing duties.

The funny part is you could see Chambers wanted to argue with him, and even commented so, but also mentions "How can I? I got stabbed a bunch of times" (GOD I wish that was on Youtube!!!)

I'd am really thinking of buying that one, because for the first time I see support for my views, and it was coming from the US Marines of all places. The other cool thing is they kept mentioning the history of many of the techniques, and how much of it originally came from Chinese fighting styles. The way they fought really held solid to the Chinese fighting mindset too...despite a few token BJJ techniques seen here or there.

Those people either have experience of the military, BJJ, or both... or their opinion is worth as much as yours. Which is this much.

Reply]
    Yet they agree with me.....especially many people with military experience in the system used prior to the BJJ being introduced.

Reply]
    Yet they agree with me.....especially many people with military experience in the system used prior to the BJJ being introduced.
    Quit trolling.

A lot of people do not agree with the military BJJ. It's not just me.

Like Phil Elmore.

Chambers is also an escrimador trained in weaponry. He ****ed up, but its not like he's never seen a knife before. He just ****ed up.

Chambers also does Kung Fu, oddly enough.
    Jack Dempsey: "What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?

It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.

Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile when its bodyweight is set into fast motion."

Do any of them have military close quarters combat experience? Or do you have any evidence/studies that show it's not working? If it's being taught, and feedback from the field is positive, then I don't see what the problem is.

Reply]
    One of my old sparring partners is a Marine (retired now). He is from before the BJJ invasion though. He was very against it because it trains you to go to the ground. He feels the system they had before was better.

If you paid attention, the BJJ was met with a lot of resistance by military people for many of the reasons I have already layed out on this thread (and got blasted for).

Although, what I saw on Human weapon was not really BJJ. it was more like certain BJJ techniques were taken, but only to use if absolutely necessary. The rest of it was totally *Not* the BJJ mentality at all.

If you guys paid attention to that segment, Jason Chambers was doing the empty hand combat tests with them, and at one point, he took it to the ground. The Marine he was fighting just pulled a knife and stabbed him a bunch of times. The drill Sergent yelled at him and said "THAT is what you get for *Trying* to take it to the ground!!" which is a mindset in total opposition to BJJ...even if they are borrowing a few techniques from it for use during policing duties.

The funny part is you could see Chambers wanted to argue with him, and even commented so, but also mentions "How can I? I got stabbed a bunch of times" (GOD I wish that was on Youtube!!!)

I'd am really thinking of buying that one, because for the first time I see support for my views, and it was coming from the US Marines of all places. The other cool thing is they kept mentioning the history of many of the techniques, and how much of it originally came from Chinese fighting styles. The way they fought really held solid to the Chinese fighting mindset too...despite a few token BJJ techniques seen here or there.
    You know...there are many reason why BJJ is taught to the military.
    Its easy and safe to learn.
    teaches you how to fight full on with control.
    Teaches the importance of getting a dominant position and control
    teaches you how to finish a fight
    Is not dependant on "KO power".

Notice that I never mentioned ground work at all.

You seem to no realize that the BJJ techniques taught to the military are PART of a whole MMA training, along with strikes, clinch work and weapons.

It works and has been TRULY "proven in combat".

I say this and I am NOT a fan of sport BJJ, but Vale tudo BJJ has my highest respect.
    Why?
    IT ****ING WORKS.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

You know...there are many reason why BJJ is taught to the military.
    Its easy and safe to learn.
    teaches you how to fight full on with control.

Reply]
    Same with Kung Fu

Teaches the importance of getting a dominant position and control

Reply]
    all styles teach this. BJJ did not invent this, NOR does it hold exclusive license over it.

teaches you how to finish a fight
    Is not dependant on "KO power".

Reply]
    Again, Kung Fu has the exact same core mentality...only it ALSO has KO striking power too.

Notice that I never mentioned ground work at all.

You seem to no realize that the BJJ techniques taught to the military are PART of a whole MMA training, along with strikes, clinch work and weapons

Reply]
    No, re read what I wrote. If you can comprehend at all you will see that THAT WAS MY POINT!! The BJJ in the military is just a small part of a whole that just borrowed a few techniques, most of which is NOT used with a BJJ mindset, which prefers the ground. The USMC is the opposite IE they think the same as Kung Fu and also openly admit much of thier techniques are Kung Fu derived. USMC does NOT use BJJ tactics and strategy (which *Define the style). Yes, there are a few Bjj techniques there, used during civilian policing missions, BUT most of what they do is so far from BJJ that it is in totall opposition to it.

Also re read, I was noting that FINALLY someone agrees with me, that what I have been saying for YEARS, on the way things *Should* be done, and it just happens to be the USMC!
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 10-03-2007 at 06:07 AM.

The ARMY uses BJJ as a base because you can safely train with 100% intention and it breeds aggression and competiveness into soldiers...the same reason most armies in history have trained empty-hand fighting since the sword was invented and made open-hand figthing obsolete on the battlefield.

BTW, the ARMY combatives tournament is an amateur MMA rules event.

Same with Kung Fu
    Kung fu is generic, be specific.

all styles teach this. BJJ did not invent this, NOR does it hold exclusive license over it.
    No one ever said it did, where did you hear that ?

Again, Kung Fu has the exact same core mentality...only it ALSO has KO striking power too.
    Again, kung fu is a generic term and KO power is NOT system specfic but person specific.

Oh, and another thing. They were showing silent sentry removal techniques using a rear naked choke. They said the USMC got it from CHINA decades BEFORE BJJ was even a blip on anyone's radar!!!

So, sport MMA needs to STFU about how useless Kung Fu is now...it's apparently more than sufficient for the USMC and infact seems to dominate thier system from techniques, to strategical mindset. BJJ is at best not even represented by anything more than some personal controlling techniques. The over all DEFINING martial strategy of BJJ is not only not there, but based on what I saw in the Human Weapon episode, it is apparently frowned apon.

Instead the USMC uses CLASSIC Chinese Kung Fu tactics, strategy AND TECHNIQUES that they openly *Admit* come from China.

[QUOTE]The BJJ in the military is just a small part of a whole that just borrowed a few techniques, most of which is NOT used with a BJJ mindset, which prefers the ground. [QUOTE]

You do realize the difference between training forthe ground and prefering the ground right?
    And don't confuse sport BJJ rules with vale Tudo/MMA BJJ.