Page 264 of 276 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 4131

Thread: An Epic of Internet-challenge Stupidity

I think the MMA/BJJ crowd has an agenda to stomp out TCMA. They have spread thier agenda with a brainwashing like precision that has propagated itself on a large scale.

I think if this was not the case, TCMA would be much more representative in the MMA arena.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    I think the MMA/BJJ crowd has an agenda to stomp out TCMA. They have spread thier agenda with a brainwashing like precision that has propagated itself on a large scale.

I think if this was not the case, TCMA would be much more representative in the MMA arena.
    Ah ha tilting at windmills. OYD has been exposed so, now you must fight the BJJ cult.
    Interesting. BJJ /MMA has caused many TCMA Masters to lighten up on the cross train or get expelled crap that, led to their degradation in the first place.

Sanshou, Sanda Shuijiao, etc are making a huge comebacks because of aliveness which, was part of TMA in general before it disappeared.

I remember Bill Superfoot Wallace, Chuck Norris and the other hard fighting strikers. I also remember the lawsuits and general disdain for each other that led to TMAs crappy MMA standing right now.

It isn't BJJ or MMAs fault that TMAers pressed the belief that it takes 10+ years to get good at fighting.

It isn't their fault schools do drills instead of sparring.
    It isn't their fault that all TMAers lived through past masters THAT FOUGHT while, not engaging in the same activity.

Quit assigning guilt and take the blame yourself.

repeat this mantra:

"If you can not fight in the ring, you can not fight on the street."

Those are not independent skill sets. Once you have mastered the ring, you can expand into street techniques, and not opposite.

Tomas

WRONG!! There are plenty of people who fight just fine on the street, but would get killed in the ring. They are different paradimes, and you don't need one, to get good at the other.

Sanshou, Sanda Shuijiao, etc are making a huge comebacks because of aliveness which, was part of TMA in general before it disappeared

Reply]
    No, they always WERE there. What has happened is you are now NOTICING them, where as before, you didn't

Just go back to your cult and STFU.

I am not in a cult.

How about you go back to Bullshido and stop trolling here.

How the hell am I trolling? You are the one spouting insane drivel and not even reading anyone's posts. You are honestly just arguing to argue. I, on the other hand, have admitted when I was wrong.

You ever been to a BS Throwdown? You could show up at one and prove yourself to be right you know.

Why would I go to a Bullshido "Throwdown" when I could just complete in a local event and do the same thing, without dealing with all the dramatic dribble you guys generate.

I figured you would decline. According to you these 'grapelers' are easy to deal with. Bet ya don't even break a sweat.

And FYI, I have never seen any drama at one. I believe JFS went to at least one TD.

"If you can not fight in the ring, you can not fight on the street."

Those are not independent skill sets. Once you have mastered the ring, you can expand into street techniques, and not opposite.

Absolutely and without a doubt an INCORRECT and NAIVE statement.

Peace,TWS

Just for the record, i am not in RD's camp although i will agree somewhat to his opinions, my camp is my own and i am just offering my buffalo nickels worth here.
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    Sanshou, Sanda Shuijiao, etc are making a huge comebacks because of aliveness which, was part of TMA in general before it disappeared

Reply]
    No, they always WERE there. What has happened is you are now NOTICING them, where as before, you didn't
    I never said they didn't exist. I said they are making a huge comeback. I noticed them before. You are now being disingenuous to try and win a debate. Ask anyone that had to travel thousands of miles to make these tournaments. Now you can find them on both coasts.

Contact was almost outlawed in kung fu schools due to frivolous lawsuits. Full conatct was replaced in many cases by point fighting.

I figured you would decline. According to you these 'grapelers' are easy to deal with. Bet ya don't even break a sweat.

And FYI, I have never seen any drama at one. I believe JFS went to at least one TD.

Reply]
    Again, If I want to test myself, I will enter a local fight.

Contact was almost outlawed in kung fu schools due to frivolous lawsuits. Full conatct was replaced in many cases by point fighting.

Reply]
    Can you site these law suites? Or was it more "Fear of litigation"

As for the tournies, I can remember we used to have Kou Shou here every year...now it's gone and I would have to travel out of state to fight in one.

SO I think you are dealing more with perception than anything.

And if that stuff actually *IS* bigger now, it has nothing to do with MMA. It's becasue it's growing on it's own accord.

Quote Originally Posted by RD
    how do you explain the comments by the Training insrtuctor in the Human Weapon episode where he tells Jayson Chambers "THAT is what you get for trying to take it to the ground" after he got stabbed repededly for doing so?
    There's no need to explain since, IIRC, he never said that. He railed on Chambers for not taking into account the knife. Chamber's argued by saying he didn't see the knife, which of course, doesn't matter in the end.