Page 86 of 276 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 4131

Thread: An Epic of Internet-challenge Stupidity

This is getting interesting folks. The video of Rudy hitting the double-end bag shows that he's been practicing some boxing and he's looking in pretty good shape. The video that RD posted of Anthony doing pad work shows that he looks quite a bit taller than Rudy but isn't as quick.

My guess at this point is that both are going to show, and it will be a good fight.

The bet and the rules have been layed out, so let's be good sports, keep this discussion friendly, and wait to see how it plays out. This is between Rudy and Anthony at this point; it's out of our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    He goofs on Rudy but I think he would man up and eat crow too if Rudy did not duck.

Absolutely. If he (finally) stands behind his big mouth he'll be recognized for it. He'll still be a chubby D-bag, but at least he will have lived up to his word one time out of many.

The video that RD posted of Anthony doing pad work shows that he looks quite a bit taller than Rudy but isn't as quick.

Reply]
    Slow, lumbering and bumbling is more like it.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by boshea View Post
    The video that RD posted of Anthony doing pad work shows that he looks quite a bit taller than Rudy but isn't as quick.
    Slow, lumbering and bumbling is more like it.
    Ok, from this point forwards let's be good sports, people! Remember, two people are stepping into the ring, which is a lot more than the rest of us are doing at our keyboards. The fight will speak for itself.

Umm, there is a bet on the out come of the fight, just as much as there is a bet on whether or not it will happen.

Critiquing a fighter's game is all part of the spectator/betting experience.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    Critiquing a fighter's game is all part of the spectator/betting experience.

And like I said, you guys really pegged the outcome of the Omar/Anna fight.

Honestly, as much I want to see The Duck get Springered, there is no way he is gonna fight Anthony. No way. And I've said that since Day 1. This ****-talking about venues, cages, exposure was done to death in the ST00 challenge. And we all saw Rudy duck out of that one.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Man what kind of ****ing thread is this?
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Man what kind of ****ing thread is this?

Reply]
    I have no idea, it's all over the board. It sort of reminds me of KFO circa 1998

Quote Originally Posted by boshea View Post
    Rudy's got the waiver completed and the venue sorted out. That's fantastic. Now all that has to happen is for the promoter to send it to Anthony, which is in the works, according to a posting on Rudy's forums:

An update: Anthony still has not recieved the waiver.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

..............quack

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    That Cjurakpt guy sounds ok.
    sorry, I posted on the other thread before I realized it was destined for deletion

anyway, I would be willing to participate as a stand-by alternate, going active only if both agreed to it, but again strictly in the absence of availability of other more long standing members

for the record, I am neither pro/anti Rudy (sometimes I agree with him, other times I think he's way off the mark), and I don't know Anthony from a hole in the wall, so I believe I can be appropriately impartial...

I'll offer my services as an alternate too. Been here longer than my current personna indicates (it was KFO when I joined as Hua Lin Laoshi, maybe 4 years now). Been so bored lately I came back to this wasteland.

Unfortunately I'm so low profile that neither one of my screen names generated a happy birthday thread yesterday.

Anyhow, if it does happen in Florida I can also try to be there to witness the event personally.

If it's South Florida I'd love to see it. I've got no vested interest either way, and I practice both TCMA and BJJ, which I guess means I'm bi-polar. Not saying I should be an official witness, as I'm pretty low-profile around here, but I'd love to see if Rudy can show and proove.

Brian
    "I will annihilate you using a combination of martial taiji, bagua, and krav maga. Now grab my arm with one hand on my wrist and the other one on my elbow... it has to be right on the elbow or it won't work." -Dale Gribble

Any of the above guys are good for me, as is Unkokusai. Up to RD.

Don't get your hopes up about the fight. Two days ago Rudy said he had the waiver ready to go, and it was Anthony stalling. He got a valid e-mail that day and the waiver is still not sent. And notice Yao Sing posted that there are no MMA shows in the area on Sept 29th, much less at a Hard Rock Cafe.

The people saying that Rudy are gonna fight remind me of Charlie Brown when Lucy would promise to hold the football so he could run up and kick it and she would not pull it away, yet always pulling up the ball at the last second. And every time saying 'I know this time will be different.'

Update

Found an MMA event in Lakeland, FL on the 29th.

Fighters Edge Grappling Championship

Looks like it's just outside of Tampa though and it's not Hard Rock. I'm expecting something closer to the Miami area since he has ties there and it was mentioned as a possible.

Where is Anthony based?