Page 231 of 276 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 4131

Thread: An Epic of Internet-challenge Stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    You do realize that there is a chance that not only will this take place, but that Rudy may well beat Anthony.
    "On any given Sunday...", Monday in this case.

Have you planned for that?
    I know it is easy to miss everything on this thread. Especially including your women derail and my derail with lkmfdc.

He said he is ready to apologize and eat crow blah blah blah.

Oh Udell you are funny. You make a wife beating comment yet, you are still trying to take the moral high ground on insults.

You still haven't answered my question do you know how ad revenue works?
    Unfortunately you also need to answer if you understand a thread derail?
    Do you understand the definition of OCD?

Although he is grasping at straws about Omar's weight, don't forget the height. On video it was OBVIOUS Omar was shorter than Kat, not 'several inches taller' than her as Duck/Omar/JFS claimed.

Was Michael Udel on the Rodney King jury by chance?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by godzillakungfu View Post
    He said he is ready to apologize and eat crow blah blah blah.

The crow is in the oven. It's only a question of who is gonna have to eat it.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Michael Udel is a poopy head.

Wow, I guess we (because everyone on Bullshido obviously just parrots what I say) can't post anything but insults.

The only thing to do now is to arrange a Gong Sau between Mikey and me. What do you say Mikeypoo? Don't let an ocean come between us, that's not very far!

Yes, I'm mocking you. Because between the time when you responded to me and where the thread is now, you made it painfully evident you're wearing Underwear of Belief which grants you a +10 saving throw against logic and reason.

And I know you'll never get this so it's for the benefit of everyone else reading this clusterfark of a thread. Here's a secret about Bullshido:

When it's obvious there's no point using logic and reason on someone, then they become fair game for our derision and entertainment at their expense.

Because there's really no point in arguing with someone that the earth is round, when they truly believe it's flat and rests on the backs of turtles. The only thing worth doing then is to point at them and laugh.

This is why we have a forum for Serious Business, and one for lulz. And you, my friend, who dodges common sense and reason like they were parking cones on a slalom course, belong to the latter category until the day comes when you demonstrate such capacities.

Poopy head.
    Site Director, Bullshido.com
    No BS Martial Arts

Anthony is a man of honor and I have no doubt that should he lose, he will shake Rudy's hand and congratulate him.

Can we say the same about Rudy? I'd like to think so.
    Site Director, Bullshido.com
    No BS Martial Arts

I'm still waiting to hear from The Duck that he is still planning on fighting. It's very suspicious that he won't take 2 minutes just come on and say the fight is still on.

Naw he has been pming Anthony here and there. He also supposedly had things to do at his teachers school.

I'm giving him the benefit on this small matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Udel View Post
    I am really not the best person to be discussing the specifics because I'm a beginner at martial arts, but I'll do my best to give an example of something that is impossible to capture on video, but that exists and is important to the martial art I practice, Taiji Quan.

Two person drills, like push hands (tui shou) develop balance and reveal to each person where they are physically weak, too tight, and disconnected. These things are not so obvious to the Taiji player when doing solo forms, but when you touch hands with another player, especially one much better than you, your deficiencies are revealed quickly. When you lose your balance in push hands practice, it can be seen on video, but what isn't seen are the sensations of each player. Push hands also specifically develops sensitivity to the other player's weaknesses, called ting jin in Mandarin. You use your hands and arms to "listen" to your opponent and predict his movements, expose his weaknesses, etc. A Taiji teacher could make the claim of teaching "ting jin" and there is no way to prove or disprove this claim with video alone.
    How would a person such as myself who has never practiced ting jin be able to determine that it is something I should learn, given that there are so many other techniques out there? Who do I believe? I think you are probably telling the truth, but ultimately you're just some guy on the internet. Can you say with certainty (based on your Master's experiences, if you feel that you haven't practiced long enough) that this technique is beneficial in a martial context? How do you determine this? I'm not criticizing you, I'm just interested in internet epistemology.

Thanks.

What I want to know is does "ting jin" work in a faster paced environment? I can see how it would play a big part in push hands.

Another thing, don't fighters do this in the clinch, looking for a weak spot or balance shift for a throw?
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    What I want to know is does "ting jin" work in a faster paced environment? I can see how it would play a big part in push hands.

Another thing, don't fighters do this in the clinch, looking for a weak spot or balance shift for a throw?
    Good point! Until I get a good answer to my question about ting jin, I think I'm going to keep practicing my clinch. I've practiced with people much more skilled at clinching than me, and they have been able to throw me around silly. That is direct, first-hand experience, but I wouldn't expect anyone to believe it just because I said it on some internet forum.

Dynamic clinch work and controlled push hands are two different things.
    Heck in freestyle push hands is not clinch work.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

JFS made it clear he was "closing his hands" (gotta luv the crappy kung fu movie dialogue he always spoke/wrote in!) and leaving the "internet" for months before he actually did. HOWEVER, when the time came he only left the discussion forums he regularly posted on. He continued to post comments under youtube videos, talking mad trash about "BSites" and how they never show and would get their arses kicked if they did.

All that stopped and he really disappeared from the net AFTER he was defeated by Osiris.

So Udel and Embo can carve it an a bowling pin and cram it.

Quote Originally Posted by Udel
    [The JFS/Osiris incident] is no good for anyone.
    Are you kidding me? It got on of the biggest bull-sh*ters, a-holes and (as it turns out) posers on the internet to finally STFU! I call that good for EVERYONE.

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post

You made it painfully evident you're wearing Underwear of Belief which grants you a +10 saving throw against logic and reason.
    this is so quotable, it nearly makes me cry

Old News

Quote Originally Posted by MSphinx View Post
    Michael Udel, do you agree with Omar's claim that Bullshido admins edited the testimony of jackrusher, the neutral party in the JFS affair?
    First off, why is my opinion about this old news so important? I'm one of many who watched the video? Do you value my opinion or you just want to see if you can catch me saying something? Like I said, this is old news that got talked to death from mid-July through maybe mid-August. There's nothing new to talk about and I did not bring the events of July 14 up again, it's just that some Bullshido members want to revisit it because they think somehow it vindicates them. That being said, it's not clear from reading the entire post you're referring to that Omar meant that someone "hacked" Jack Rusher's account, or that "edited" meant that Jack's post was quoted and re-interpreted. I think the latter, but you'd have to ask Omar. Considering that Jack later posted in the same threads after his initial recounting of events, I seriously doubt anyone is suggesting that his post was hacked because Jack probably would have noticed and said something.

Do you agree with Omar saying that "John grabbed Anna by the throat and she was dangling there like a rabbit ready for slaughter", an account directly disputed by Omar's own video?
    Again, I wasn't there and the video doesn't show it because the camera wasn't pointing that way at the time, and even if it had, JFS and Anna/Kat were probably too far away to get that clear of a shot. I think it's been acknowledged by nearly everyone that JFS grabbed Anna, that it was wrong, and that no physical damage to Anna occurred, according to her own words.

Do you agree with Sifuabel saying:
    Same as before. I wasn't there, the video doesn't show it clearly, and whether or not she swatted his hand away, it was wrong to grab her.
    "My cookies are clean." some anonymous troll

Quote Originally Posted by OsirisBJJ View Post
    Adversarial manner? Us? LOL. That one's on Springer.
    Can't argue with you, but it does take two to tango. What happened on Jul 14 shows how counter-productive this kind of attitude is. I don't think anyone was pleased with the outcome on that day. Maybe it can be avoided in the future? That wasn't aimed at you, Osiris, you already said that two people who've exchanged death threats should stay far away from each other. I mean maybe this kind of situation should be avoided.
    "My cookies are clean." some anonymous troll