Page 236 of 276 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 4131

Thread: An Epic of Internet-challenge Stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    Great bunch of guys over there. I jumped into a thread that I wanted to comment on but didn't wade through every page and I got this response -

"Please explain why the fuck I should read, contemplate, and/or reply to your posts if you don't take the time to read the threads."

Feel free to use that logic here or on the even more long-winded Shaolin Do thread when someone wants to join the discussion.

Att: new posters cannot not join the conversation and/or express their views unless they have completely read every word in this thread.

Now everyone go back and start from the beginning unless you were here when it started.
    You need to know where to post, otherwise you will be accused of being someone you are not.
    "Royal Dragon"
    I wouldn't even waste my time. You are trying to prove to a school kid that Barney is not real, and just some guy in a purple dinosaur costume

Quote Originally Posted by godzillakungfu View Post
    What post are you talking about??
    The "Hidden in forms" thread on the CMA forum at Bullshido.

Well that lasted about a day and already I've had enough of the place. I don't mind some restrictions but that's ridiculous. The mod said they were a$$holes, I mean anal, about stuff there but telling someone they have to read an entire thread before posting is just idiotic.

I started reading it but then skimmed over a bunch then jumped to the end and posted. It was on-topic and didn't insult for bash anyone.

So I prefaced my comment with "I haven't read through the whole thread but" and they took offense at that. Maybe they're just looking for a fight, I don't know.

Or maybe that's the Bullshido way of saying "Welcome aboard. We look forward to your comments and views on the martial arts".
    Last edited by Yao Sing; 09-28-2007 at 03:15 PM.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

I read it, and in their defense, your post did kind of come off as "I didn't read the thread, and don't really have any expertise in this, but here's a post anyway!" Now, I know that's not exactly what you meant, but that kind of thing actually happens a lot. So they tend to get cranky about it.

Just ignore it (it allready got culled from the thread and trollshido'd, with your original on topic comments left in the thread anyway). Go ahead and post your thoughts about whatever, and if they're any good, you'll get a good response.

Such is the bullshido way.

I started reading it but then skimmed over a bunch then jumped to the end and posted.
    Yeah, let's jump into the middle of a thread without reading it to get any context or history about what is going on. That sounds exactly like the kind of dumb@ss thing you would do. Kind of like your views of MA and fighting... half a$$3d and ill informed.

Or maybe that's the Bullshido way of saying "Welcome aboard. We look forward to your comments and views on the martial arts".
    Actually, it is. You get ribbed to see how thick your skin is. 90% of the people don't read all of the threads. You got crap for admitting you only skimmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt W. View Post
    I read it, and in their defense, your post did kind of come off as "I didn't read the thread, and don't really have any expertise in this, but here's a post anyway!" Now, I know that's not exactly what you meant, but that kind of thing actually happens a lot. So they tend to get cranky about it.
    And you can show me where I said I had no expertise in it? Yet I somehow had a personal experience to offer? I think you need some reading lessons.

Guess I should have come on like I'm the be-all end-all of everything a talked a bunch of BS. Sounds like honesty is not tolerated around there.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Yeah, let's jump into the middle of a thread without reading it to get any context or history about what is going on. That sounds exactly like the kind of dumb@ss thing you would do. Kind of like your views of MA and fighting... half a$$3d and ill informed.
    Yeah let's just make a comment saying I didn't read any of the thread to get some context even though I said I did. But that's you, don't let facts get in the way if they don't fit into your view of the world.

Now you're going to point to all those threads with my ill informed views of MA and fighting. Should we put a time limit on that so I don't die of old age while waiting?
    Last edited by Yao Sing; 09-28-2007 at 04:18 PM.

Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt W. View Post
    Just ignore it (it allready got culled from the thread and trollshido'd, with your original on topic comments left in the thread anyway).
    Actually it wasn't culled. The comments from and to the idiot who *****ed about me commenting on an ancient thread from, let's see, about 3 weeks ago is what got culled.

Quote Originally Posted by godzillakungfu View Post
    Actually, it is. You get ribbed to see how thick your skin is. 90% of the people don't read all of the threads. You got crap for admitting you only skimmed.
    It's true. The first time I ever posted a question in there (outside of Newbietown), I got flamed for seemingly no reason. It turned out that the person who did this (a member of Bullshido staff) was just trying to see my reaction to it. I actually ended up meeting him (and some BS'ers) in person at a throwdown, and they were all really cool. I was shocked! After the initial flaming, he expained that he was just messin' with me.

Yeah let's ust make a comment saying I didn't read any of the thread to get some context even though I said I did.

Read your own words:

I started reading it but then skimmed over a bunch then jumped to the end and posted.
    Since when is skimming and then jumping to the end reading?

Now you're going to point to all those threads with my ill informed views of MA and fighting. Should we put a time limit on that so I don't die of old age while waiting?

What are your views on honor and honesty? I would like to know them BEFORE the ducking on Oct 1st happens.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Well, I wasn't very nice in return so I guess I'm good. But then I don't see that as a place I want to spend much time.

I can barely tolerate the reality challenged idiots here, like Knifefighter.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    What are your views on honor and honesty? I would like to know them BEFORE the ducking on Oct 1st happens.
    My view is honesty doesn't always make life easier but dis-honesty will always make it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Since when is skimming and then jumping to the end reading?
    Since I used my eyes to recognize the letters as words (that's called r e a d i n g) when I skimmed through the comments that I didn't actually read all the way through.

Did you think I digested them or absorbed then through my skin? You are such an idiot.

Since when is reading half a book reading? Are you related to Pres. Bush? Sure sounds like it.
    Last edited by Yao Sing; 09-28-2007 at 04:20 PM.

Well, I wasn't very nice in return so I guess I'm good. But then I don't see that as a place I want to spend much time.

I can barely tolerate the reality challenged idiots here, like Knifefighter.
    Then definitely stay away from bullshido. The CMA forum is relatively....is kinder......is safer.........

nevermind. It isn't as harsh as the normal areas but can be almost as bad.

Ok, so somebody tell me - what's the problem with someone commenting on a statement in a post without reading all the BS and side topics etc. preceeding it?

What's the problem with someone answering the above question without reading this whole thread?

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    So now that I've made a negative comment about Bullshido I'm suddenly suspect in my honesty?