Page 252 of 276 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 4131

Thread: An Epic of Internet-challenge Stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    ahem.....im still kinda curious what some of you think.
    Actually, if you look closely at the video, before the fight was restarted, Rudy did /not/ have both legs wrapped around - he just has the leg closest to the camera wrapped; the other was trapped, just like it was when they restarted.

Even if it wasn't, it was still immaterial to the fight, because the first thing that happens when they restart is that Rudy frees that leg.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    BTW, Jeff...

I might have to give Rudy some props for not being Springerized.

He didn't do a bad job of punishing Anthony and keeping him off when Anthony worked for the takedowns.
    I can't say I know anything about if Rudy has some mat training or not. I can back Anthony up that he hits like a mule kick. You don't expect it from Rudy by looking at him. He's much more solid than he looks also.

Rudy and I go back some yrs, it's been yrs sice we've sparred also. Atleast 6 since i've been with my new sifu. I never doubted he would show, that's the only real point i was making. When Rudy and I sparred it was strickly stand up had it been the same against Anthony i'm sure the fight would've gone much differently.

You have to fight differently when you have to defense against the takedown. If you're not use to it, it can throw off your whole fight. Props to Anthony and Rudy for settleing it like men and not taking it futher. I wouldn't mind seeing some of those that wanted this so much getting into the ring now and fighting themselves!!

I'm sure non will step up though

jeff
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

You have to fight differently when you have to defense against the takedown. If you're not use to it, it can throw off your whole fight. Props to Anthony and Rudy for settleing it like men and not taking it futher. I wouldn't mind seeing some of those that wanted this so much getting into the ring now and fighting themselves!!

I'm sure non will step up though

Reply]
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherDog View Post
    Actually, if you look closely at the video, before the fight was restarted, Rudy did /not/ have both legs wrapped around - he just has the leg closest to the camera wrapped; the other was trapped, just like it was when they restarted.

Even if it wasn't, it was still immaterial to the fight, because the first thing that happens when they restart is that Rudy frees that leg.
    ah, ya i see that now, and that makes sense.

now im curious to see if rudy plans on taking up any bjj or some such.

I think if Rudy were to spend the next year adding some BJJ to his arsenal, and more time sparring with his standup, he would probably do much better next time...although, I am sure Anthony would improve in skill as well.

About the leg being pinned, to a good grappler it makes little difference. You are still in a guard position. For mma I prefer the open guard myself.

About the leg being pinned, to a good grappler it makes little difference. You are still in a guard position. For mma I prefer the open guard myself.

Reply]
    YOU need to stop talking, and start groveling and begging for forgiveness.

The Hell I do. I gave him the props I said I would. Nothing more, nothing less. I will say this, and I said it before the fight, I bet Rudy comes out a better man through all this. I bet he stops challenging people. At least with me he has NOTHING to prove anymore. Notice I have not once took a shot at him for losing.

Not to be a jerk, but as someone from Bullshido said, Rudy did what he promised to do. Does my boss everyday thank me for coming in on time? No, because it is expected from me.

The biggest(and only so far) **** has been specialed, IMO.

After that second stop, it looked to me like Rudy might have gassed? He seemed kinda tired when he got up and then flopped down. He might have been too hyped and gassed himself...

jeff
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    wow nice fight.
    Anthony_ATT congrads

rudy's saving grace was his size. Its plainly clear he has no experience in wrestling of any kind. I give him props for showing up and fighting. I was hoping for a few tiger/crane /monkey fists.. but good clip anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by specialed View Post
    at 0:50 anthony would have been toast if there were no rules. (who's larping?).
    Just to be consistent with your reasoning, if it had been a "real" fight it wouldn't have been in a ring, so there wouldn't have been a ring to fall off of.

This thing is over. Both parties are being civil and giving credit where it is due, while admitting their own shortcomings. What better outcome could you ask for here? No need to stir the pot any more than it's already been stirred.

Quote Originally Posted by jmd161 View Post
    After that second stop, it looked to me like Rudy might have gassed? He seemed kinda tired when he got up and then flopped down. He might have been too hyped and gassed himself...
    That's the same impression I got.

Quote Originally Posted by specialed View Post
    i have plenty of both. however, i won't allow you to cheapen what i've accomplished. drama queen larper crappler bullshido rush rules dependant
    Why would it cheapen what you've accomplished? This is a martial arts forum, and we are all interested in seeing good fights. You would get nothing but respect for posting good videos here of you fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnycache View Post
    “Bullfight critics ranked in rows
    Crowd the enormous Plaza full
    But only one is there who knows
    And he's the man who fights the bull.”
    Nice quote from Sam Sheridan's book (not sure who originally said it). Very apropos to the occasion JohnnyCache.

Yao Sing stopped by as promised btw!

Was great meeting him though I was only able to talk for a few minutes.