Page 226 of 276 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 4131

Thread: An Epic of Internet-challenge Stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by emboesso View Post
    Hmmm, yeah, that does resemble my prose. lol.

Anthony, you just spoke of irony being lost on me. If you don't get it by now....
    Is that Yes you'll take the bet?

Speak up.

... and you base that conclusion on what?

That I know some kung fu people can hit real hard?

Do you still consider BJJ without punching/kicking to be "fighting"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony_ATT View Post
    Interesting reading.

You've never fought a day in your life, have you?

I mean other than Pattyecake point touch crap.

OK, now I'm really confused... how come you guys have the same picture?

... and you base that conclusion on what?

That I know some kung fu people can hit real hard?

Do you still consider BJJ without punching/kicking to be "fighting"?
    BJJ without punching is not fighting, but it is part of fighting... just as boxing without grappling is not fighting, but it is part of fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    The picture is me. Emboesseo it seems has been flying my image as his avatar to somehow belittle me. Which I don't get, as it was my avatar on Bullshido for months.

Or, Emboesseo thinks the day after my cage fight I look sexy, and wants to let everyone know that.

I'm thinking the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    I know! That's been messing with my head all day. Embosso is apparently Anthony's biggest fan, and has been for several months.

Quote Originally Posted by boshea View Post
    I know! That's been messing with my head all day. Embosso is apparently Anthony's biggest fan, and has been for several months.
    Nice to have groupies!

Original picture.

http://a758.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...65d3e56315.jpg

To: Gene Ching
    Subject: RE: Website Traffic

You're welcome.

Neal
    Site Director, Bullshido.com
    No BS Martial Arts

Nice to have groupies!

Original picture.

http://a758.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...65d3e56315.jpg
    Mine's better:

http://www.bullshido.net/gallery/sho.../500/ppuser/41
    No BS Martial Arts

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Mine's better:

Stop trying to steal my thunder man!

Or I'll write up a 2 page dissertation on Phrost's Draconian Manangement skills on Bullshido.

I'm sure everyone wants to hear how we have to wash your feet and dry them with our hair.

lol. do I know you? no.
    do I know Rudy? no.
    Have I ever met you? no.
    have I ever met Rudy? no.
    Am I likely to ever meet you? no.
    Am I likely to ever meet Rudy? no.

Why would I want to belittle you? Unless, of course, I was back on Rudy's site, where it is "de rigour".

irony
    So you are a lemming?

It's "de rigueur" btw.

we're getting closer now.... don't you see any irony in someone from Bullshido calling anyone else on the planet a "nutrider" or "lemming"?
    No, I don't. I have argued and flamed members on Bullshido countless times. You just can't handle the heat, and rightfully got out of the kitchen. Nothing to be ashamed of, some ppl can't handle confrontation.

You know, "What doesn't kill me, only makes me stronger" and all...

thnx
    You are welcome.

On that note, going to train "HARD" for my fight with Rudy. GOtta get in those last reps before the big fight.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    Just saw this Friday, hadn't had the chance to respond, and wasn't entirely sure such a meeting would be constructive. Still not entirely sure, but regardless...

Give me a couple weeks, I'm currently very busy. If the timing is good, Saigon 39 might be open again, in which case I'd insist on eating there, otherwise wherever.
    Never been there. Cheeseburger in Paradise is awesome though; they have sweet potato fries. A few weeks will be good for me anyway because it'll be about the time for me to have a "binge day" where I remind myself why I don't eat like a god**** pig.

Additionally, I recognize fully that you flame online under the belief that none of it should be taken seriously, I simply disagree on certain fronts. When the accusation of fake comes up when I make no claim about myself, and when the accuser has no real grounds for their claim, I will take it seriously. I also recognize that it probably hadn't occured to you that you included me in that accusation at that time, though I don't know if that was the case.

Additionally, I believe that the Bullshido approach of making blanket statements about styles is irresponsible and worse than useless to its cause: the frauds have their unverifiable mumbo jumbo to fall back on, it is new schools that may be trying to develop fight teams that will feel the crunch most from the bad press, and, considering that two kung fu people on this thread alone have mentioned schools that are making headway in developing valid fight teams, and given that I've seen more of this locally, I think there is a use in suggesting that some BS members know less than they are encouraged to think.
    I've always viewed my role as someone who facilitates and inspires discussion, champions employing empiricism and critical thinking with regards to the Martial Arts, and makes fun of people who take themselves or anything else too seriously.

I've also never been a fan of the herd mentality hence why I was on this forum in 2002 recruiting CMA folks to help pressure test the ideas coming up on Bullshido back then. I really think our new CMA forum and its posters, are doing a hell of a job with regards to this, and having a sanctuary for rational, results-driven CMA stylists was something I would have liked to have seen a long time ago on Bullshido.

But any time there is more than one person involved in anything, you have to play politics and perform a delicate balancing act. It's taken us a while, but I think we're exactly where we need to be at this point. We've got a forum for serious discussion that's moderated pretty strongly to keep off content garbage and derail attempts in check (the MABS forum). We've got a forum for people who want to be jerks and laugh at other Martial Artists (YMAS), and we've got a whole section of Traditional MA forums for people who study older styles yet want to reclaim respect for them after the past 40+ years of the McDojo phenomenon and other forms of watering down the combat effectiveness.

I'm pretty **** happy with how everything's turned out. I might not be happy about having lost some people, who couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel, along the way. But you can't make an omelette without breaking some legs.

For example, 1bad's assertion that, had he taken boxing and wrestling, he would have never had cause for interest in traditional styles stands at odds with the fact that the Americans who brought traditional styles back to the US in the last century were almost to a man people with backgrounds in boxing and wrestling.
    The great things about Bullshido are that 1.) nobody speaks for Bullshido, and everyone's welcome to challenge anyone's ideas; and 2.) Facts are king.

I'd rather be correct, than spend all my time trying to be right. And I think a good bit of this has rubbed off on most of the 45,000 members who post.

Regardless, I'll meet with you, but I doubt we'll agree on these issues, nor do I see a need for us to.
    People who agree with you on everything are f*cking boring.

Edit: left some quote tags in.
    Last edited by Phrost; 09-27-2007 at 04:03 PM.
    No BS Martial Arts

For those joining with the KC Elbows flame...

KC ELbows left Bullshido in due part, well everyone thought he was a self righteous C*unt.

This hurt KC's feelings so bad, he wrote up a big post on Rudy's board claiming Bullshido was a Cult. With the Admin's and Mods as the lietenants to Phrost's mandates.

This would be called a lie. I left because I felt the site's goal had been compromised by Phrost using it as a blanket statement to win a flame war, which I felt made the site's cause hopeless. Being a self righteous ****, I didn't give a rat's ass about the opinions of the peanut gallery, who were more concerned with silly witch hunts than actually doing a good job at what they were there for.

I posted the details of THAT scenario. Much, much later, after a large number of BS newbies were posting fallacious information about the circumstances of people's departures that was spoon fed to them(just as you are trying to spoonfeed a version in which I had a deep caring for your unspoken opinion), I pointed out that that is exactly how martial cults deal with those who leave their fold, which led to an analysis of how the same dynamics come into play in both situations. If you disagree with that analysis, I would be happy to prove you wrong again.

That analysis did not specifically paint the admins and mods as lieutenants to Phrost's mandates, just as I do not characterize a martial cult as being based around instructors focused on supporting of the cult leader. Martial cults are based around status, and not necessarily in relation to the leader.

I believe I was specific in stating that it was members with personae that drew supporters that acted in an analogous fashion to a martial cult's school owners. For instance, I would not suggest that the lawyers, Miguk, Badnews hughes, or several others really served this role during my tenure, as none of them really had a following of sorts.

Additionally, I was specific in stating previously that the idea of Phrost as mastermind was not what I had ever suggested; though he likes to make his proclamations, and long term members who disagree like to pretend they don't avoid disagreeing on a consistent basis, this is not how these dynamics form.

Cults are a group dynamic that don't form out of a well thought out plan, but instead from group identification with some central, unachievable goal that they believe someone has given them the means to achieve, matched with stopgap attempts to make it appear that the means are there from people who find advantage in easily led groups.

No KC, Bullshido isn't a cult.
    I only drew parallels, if you feel those commonalities don't require attention, that's your prerogative.
    Last edited by KC Elbows; 09-27-2007 at 04:13 PM.

And don't forget plenty of sex.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.