Page 263 of 276 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 4131

Thread: An Epic of Internet-challenge Stupidity

Why do you so detest BJJ and those who practice it?

He fears what he doesn't understand.

Because they act like they are the ONLY ones who have any skill and the only ones who have anything effective.

It's not so much BJJ I detest, it's all the MMA cum slurpers who seem to feel anything outside of thier little paradime is worthless, and BJJ rules all.

Te attitude flys in the face of reality. The MMA VS TCMA debate has become twisted to the point that the MMA?BJJ side is now blisfully living in a fantasy alnd that is NOT based in reality.

The TCMA crowd is not this pathetic bunch of larping Bafoons you guys make us out to be, and much of what we do is put into gear and used with great success world wide.

In addition to that, the overall BJJ brainwashing about going to the ground is just plain wrong, despite what the blind sexualy obsessed MMA/BJJ worshiping drones profess.

Yes, it is great stuff in it's element (Ring, law enforcement...maybe), but it is only one of many, many methods that also work just as well.

Good Kung Fu has all the elements BJJ does except the ground grappling. Every time I see a BJJ/MMA supporter speak or write, they do so as if "THEY" are the only ones who have any idea about positional control, clinching, takedowns or defending such when faced with it.

You can't even speak form personal experience if you don't activly support the MMA/BJJ Agenda. I could talk about REAL fights I have been in, and delt with just fine with my Kung Fu, but then you guys will start siting a whole bunch of ring fights as if they are frik'n Case Law, hold that as the credible facts, and dismiss my actual personal encounters becasue I didn't want to go to the ground, or I managed to actually (God forbid) use Kung Fu like it's supposed to be used and it worked instead of BJJ.

It's all become bull**** for a zillion reasons and I am just tired of hearing about how BJJ is the supper dupper ultimate art, and no matter what anyone says to the contrary, no matter how much it's based in truth they get attacked, laughed at and ridiculed.

It just ****es me off.

He fears what he doesn't understand.

Reply]
    No, that is not it at all. Anytime I have crossed hands with grapelers I have allways had a lot of fun.

It's just that it's all full of holes, and that is just glossed over in the attempt to bash TCMA. It's become a sport, not about reality.

Frenzied Witch Hunt is the term that comes to mind.

I have to say, it was really good to see a pure TCMA go against a guy MUCH bigger them him, and do so well for once...especially when he was using moves direct form his forms VERBETUM, in the ring with actual success.

I am excited to see guys like Charles Wilson Rudy Abel and Mike Patterson fighting, and training fighters with Kung Fu.
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 10-03-2007 at 10:00 AM.

I think you have been exposed to too much BJJ Bluebelt-itus.

My experience was much like yours, but I decided to ignore the voices and learn from the source and for almost 2 years trained BJJ/MMA with two very high ranking BJJ BB, great guys that were very down to earth and were so open to learning that I realized that the only true BJJ nutriders are the ones who's skills on the mat are far less than their skill on the keyboard.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Why do you so detest BJJ and those who practice it?

of course i am not going to answer RD's question for him, HOWEVER for me, its not so much the art and the techniques and style persay, it is more of the people who practice it and follow it and arrogantly tout that it is the king of all kings of fighting and such. i find that this is very presumptious and misleading,just as those who tout that kung fu is the king and be all to fighting and such. My whole thing is that if you can utilize it on the street(and when i say street i dont mean some fight club type thing OR i live in tha ghetto thing) if you can successfully utilize whatever you are learning to defend YOUR life should it be threatened, then i say GREAT and keep on doing it. But dont make it a mission in life to discount everyone elses methods of fighting and say "well that aint nothin because what i do is superior and i have a youtube link to prove it.

it IS arrogantly presumptious for ANY martial systems that bases its techniques in the tournament and ring with RULES of engagement to say that they are far superior to anything else that is out there. i say this for both CMA AND MMA advocates. UNTIL you can say that you have successfully defended yourself in a life or death situation or a situation that warranted you to use all that you had to escape or survive, you just need to STFU and stop being a ego centric blowhard. Hey and even if you HAVE had the chance to use it in a life or death situation then you should be HUMBLE and NOT some meathead with an attitude,this isnt NFL where you score a TD and rub it in someone elses face.
    i put this to the Bullshido guys as well as the CMA guys.

Peace,TWS
    Last edited by The Willow Sword; 10-03-2007 at 09:59 AM.
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

You really do get more stupid with every post. Plenty of MMA gyms do not believe BJJ rules all. The Miletich camp is known for their standup and wrestling, The Pit(Liddell's gym) is known for their striking. Randy Couture's gym has wrestling as a base.

Do you have any proof of your alleged exploits with BJJ/MMA guys? I'm guessing not....

its not so much the art and the techniques and style persay, it is more of the people who practice it and follow it and arrogantly tout that it is the king of all kings of fighting and such.
    From my experience, this is more of an internet thing, particularly if these guys are posting on a kungfu forum... or if they're posturing for their business. Every grappler I've met in person so far has been pretty respectful, curious, open minded, and realistic.

of course i am not going to answer RD's question for him, HOWEVER for me, its not so much the art and the techniques and style persay, it is more of the people who practice it and follow it and arrogantly tout that it is the king of all kings of fighting and such. i find that this is very presumptious and misleading,just as those who tout that kung fu is the king and be all to fighting and such. My whole thing is that if you can utilize it on the street(and when i say street i dont mean some fight club type thing OR i live in tha ghetto thing) if you can successfully utilize whatever you are learning to defend YOUR life should it be threatened, then i say GREAT and keep on doing it. But dont make it a mission in life to discount everyone elses methods of fighting and say "well that aint nothin because what i do is superior and i have a youtube link to prove it.

Reply]
    EXACTLY!!! Well said, and much better put than I could write!!

B-Rad

I will agree with you on that one.

My experiences with Grapplers and BJJ guys have been limited, and i have had a chance to roll with a few people and i see the benefits as well as the detraments,
    I dont base my techniques and skillsets for the ring, for me personally i do not want to get into a false sense of security by just training for a match. my goals are different and i dont think by any strecth that my goals and skillsets are superior to anyone elses( i dont think that way and if i did in the distant past i have sinced evolved)
    Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Rad View Post
    Every grappler I've met in person so far has been pretty respectful, curious, open minded, and realistic.

This is true. Most BJJ guys watch MMA. Even if they only train BJJ, they see guys getting KO'd by guys using non-BJJ techniques. The ones who tend be the most arrogant are TMA guys who have the 'no one can take me down, no one can hit me, my style is the ultimate' attitude, and alot of boxers who do not understand the ground game(like Mayweather until he was called out by Sherk).

From my experience, this is more of an internet thing, particularly if these guys are posting on a kungfu forum... or if they're posturing for their business. Every grappler I've met in person so far has been pretty respectful, curious, open minded, and realistic.

Reply]
    I think it's the students, and even more the fans than the actual higher level fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    You really do get more stupid with every post. Plenty of MMA gyms do not believe BJJ rules all. The Miletich camp is known for their standup and wrestling, The Pit(Liddell's gym) is known for their striking. Randy Couture's gym has wrestling as a base.

Do you have any proof of your alleged exploits with BJJ/MMA guys? I'm guessing not....
    Yes. One TV show, with one sentence, from one instructor, trumps all.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    Reply]
    I think it's the students, and even more the fans than the actual higher level fighters.
    This is different from kung fu how? I mean is that what this is really about? Sour grapes.

Each style went through this garbage.

Kung fu was soft and was the best.
    Karate was hard and was the best.
    TKD had superior kicks it was the best.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    Reply]

I'm reading all of your posts and remembering the same arrogance I encountered in all three styles when they were at the top.

The only difference is TMAers have semi-joined forces against BJJ. Whereas before, they would bad mouth each other not joining sides.

Quote Originally Posted by godzillakungfu View Post
    Yes. One TV show, with one sentence, from one instructor, trumps all.

Especially if he was watching a VHS/DVD copy of the show.