Page 276 of 276 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276
Results 4,126 to 4,131 of 4131

Thread: An Epic of Internet-challenge Stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post

You know what george costanza does with his shiney dome....
    I don't know what he does with it, but whatever it is, I'm pretty sure it's not an image that I need in my head.

some people just have no shame

And after all this bull**** rudy is back to his old tricks anyway...

just sad....

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    And after all this bull**** rudy is back to his old tricks anyway...

just sad....

I thought this thread was geared towards he wouldn't go thru with the fight?

So, he was not only suppose to not go thru with the fight, but it was supposed to some how change him too?

jeff
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

That's right. Some of us thought he would bail again, but he didn't and he got the credit due for that without condition. But you would think that after going through all that and after losing quite definitively despite rhetoric about killing and maiming and ruining people for life and other JFS-isms, that at least some tiny bit of shame might encourage some perspective and humility. Even pro fighters who get paid to ramp up the drama before a fight don't crawl off the mat after getting KTFO in the first round and immediately resume the same trash-talk. It just doesn't make sense. I would hope that somewhere in there there is a normal human being. I mean, does he go to the grocery store and start screaming at people, "Grraaa! I will fvcking kill you if you don't have Honey Bunches of Oats in stock! Graaaaa! You are so dead! Graaaa! You'll never be normal again! Graaaa! My kungfu fist will break you! Graaaaaaa!" before being taken down and beaten into submission by the stock boy?

lmao

funny
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Totally hijacking this thread

We've had other internet challenges. This maybe our first Tik Tok challenge...

TikTok
    Milk crate challenge has doctors warning it’s ‘worse than falling from a ladder’
    Experts say dangerous injuries can occur as videos of people falling off precariously stacked crates go viral on social media

‘Perhaps enjoy a nice glass of 2% and return all those crates to the grocery store?’ the FDA said of the challenge. Photograph: Tim Hussin/The Guardian
    Maya Yang
    Wed 25 Aug 2021 10.54 EDT

The latest challenge to take the internet by storm involves milk crates, balance and some painful falls.

In the milk crate challenge, which recently started on TikTok, participants take on a set of milk crates precariously stacked in the shape of a pyramid, attempt to climb to the top and then back down again without toppling over.

As videos of people falling painfully go viral on social media and rack up millions of views, doctors across the US are coming out to warn people of the dangerous injuries that can occur.

“It’s perhaps even worse than falling from a ladder,” said Shawn Anthony, an orthopedic surgeon at Mount Sinai hospital in New York, to the Washington Post. “It’s very difficult to brace yourself from the falls I’ve seen in these videos. They’re putting their joints at an even higher risk for injury,” he added.

With many hospitals across the US already overwhelmed by Covid-19 patients and running short on space and staff, health departments are urging people to reconsider their choices before taking on the challenge.

George Gantsoudes, a Virginia-based orthopedic surgeon, wrote on Twitter: “The orthopaedic surgeries required to fix problems caused by this may fall under the umbrella of ‘elective surgeries’.”

On Monday, the Baltimore city health department tweeted: “With COVID-19 hospitalizations rising around the country, please check with your local hospital to see if they have a bed available for you, before attempting the #milkcratechallenge.”

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) also weighed in on the challenge after comedian Conan O’Brien joked how he needed federal officials to grant permission to the challenge before attempting it, playing off the FDA’s approval of Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine earlier this week.

“Waiting for FDA approval before I take the Milk Crate Challenge,” O’Brien tweeted on Monday. The FDA responded shortly after, writing: “Although we regulate milk, we can’t recommend you try that. Perhaps enjoy a nice glass of 2% and return all those crates to the grocery store?”

The milk crate challenge is the latest of a slew of dares that have gone viral on TikTok. In recent months, the video-sharing platform has seen a rise of dangerous challenges including the blackout challenge, where young people are encouraged to hold their breath until they pass out, and the Benadryl challenge, where young people intentionally consume large amounts of the antihistamine to induce hallucinations.

In a statement about the most recent challenge, a TikTok spokesperson said: “TikTok prohibits content that promotes or glorifies dangerous acts, and we remove videos and redirect searches to our community guidelines to discourage such content. We encourage everyone to exercise caution in their behavior whether online or offline.”
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart