Thread: Grappling fo Girls

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by SenseiShellie View Post
    My training partner seriously says I'm his inspiration and I'm the toughest chick he's known. I've been KO'ed on numerous occasions to just stand up afterwards and want to continue to spar. I'm his inspiration because I have stage 1 thryoid cancer. I bust my butt on the mat every time I train. Granted that I only last for an hour, I make it the best 1 hour of my life. Sometimes I don't feel like training, but I get up and do it. I train to stay alive at this point, and it's working. I'm almost in remission. I have a couple more rounds of chemo and might actually get to keep my thyroid. I've trained mostly in striking...I'm a Kempo based person. However, I also train in Kickboxing, Boxing, Wrestling, BJJ, Kung Fu and Chen style Taiji. Once I'm better, I want to become a fighter. Because of the thyroid condition that I currently have, I'm 40 lbs overweight for my height category. That doesn't matter though. I'll lose the weight when I'm better and mark my words, you will see me in a ring.
    I wish you a speedy recovery, and I'm sure that the force of will that it takes to keep training in spite of your thyroid cancer and chemotherapy will pay off one day when you are well.

* EDIT *
    I said I would only lurk this thread but I had to respond to that. Heh, I was going to train today and I didn't because I was "tired" but now I feel like a wuss!
    Last edited by boshea; 07-14-2007 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Adding a disclaimer for my delayed descent into lurkerdom on this thread.