Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: kiddies

It's a no brainer.

when we are young our bones and flesh are developing. risking serious injury can impede this natural development and cause deformation of problems later in life.

Each of us does not have a completed and fully grown physiology until we are the very least in and around the 18 years mark.

In youngsters sports, there is no hard contact in most rule sets that are sanctioned. This is for the reasons stated above.

I don't have issue at all with telling someone who is subjecting an underdeveloped person to percussive or concussive striking that they are more than a couple of cards short of a deck.

Encouragement of it is less severe, but indicative of an underdeveloped mind.

Are people telling me they are ok with risking the health and well being of their child for their own vicarious desires? then i can only say to that person that they need to seriously reassess and re-evaluate their world view.

there are some wrongs that really are quite black and white.

kids will tussle and fight on their own without any of us stepping in and organizing it.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

when i was young several of my ribs recieved serious damage.

this resulted in a deformation during healing which caused excess cartilage to grow where it should not have.

resulting in discomfort as an adult.

Nothing I cant deal with, nothing to worry about, nothing dangerious.

But it can be annoying and bothersome....

boy i wish i had someone around to tell me NOT to do some of the things i did as a child.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

You wont break your ribs that easily as a child.
    The keyword is controlled.
    At the level of primary school rugby in my country, I see very little difference to fighting. Kids recover much faster than adults and they obviously don’t go as hard either.
    As a father I understand your concerns, but I really think you’re over reacting a little bit.
    That Thaiboxing fight in that video wasn’t that hard either.
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

at that age
    kids can not throw powerful enuf punches to do serious damage
    so if they should fight i dont see the problem
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Pfffftt.....those kids ain't got nothing on these kids.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

not for nothing a few halloweens ago I was going through a "white trash area" near where I live to visit a friend. I made the wrong turn and saw like 12 little buggers dressed like that with paint ball guns. They turned and saw me, their eyes got all big and next thing I new I was running for my life. I didn't know what to do... They were all young maybe 12-14

I felt like I was their border patrol practice. If those would have been real guns I would so be dead. The worse part of it I remeber one kid screaming over and over again 'SHOOT HIM IN THE ASS!!!"