Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The challenge Match a hollywood script

Quote Originally Posted by PhilDunlap View Post
    It's funny I am not big on the color red so I was actually quite relived he would be removing my eyes first
    lmfao.....thats just funny
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by PhilDunlap View Post
    Aboout a year ago JFS threatened to come up to my school rip my eyballs out and smear my blood all over the walls
    Funny thing is, he is supposed to be some kind of master at eye gouging and supposedly has trained his fingers to rip through flesh. I've seen a couple of clips of him training his finger strikes.

You can see him trying to go for the eyes when he was mounted and all it got him was his finger bitten. I guess maybe he forgot to train his fingers against teeth. I think he is lucky that that Osiris guy didn't chomp down and bite it all the way off.

Speaking of eye gouging, I had a great uncle who was involved in what was known as Rough and Tumble fighting back in the 1800's in some of the eastern and southern areas of the U.S. The goal of these fights was to gouge your opponent's eyes out. He showed me some of the nasty methods they would use for actually scooping the eye out of the socket. They used the thumb rather than the fingers... pretty gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Speaking of eye gouging, I had a great uncle who was involved in what was known as Rough and Tumble fighting back in the 1800's in some of the eastern and southern areas of the U.S. The goal of these fights was to gouge your opponent's eyes out. He showed me some of the nasty methods they would use for actually scooping the eye out of the socket. They used the thumb rather than the fingers... pretty gross.
    Too many Steven Seagal movies...

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Too many Steven Seagal movies...
    Look it up. Do a search on Rough and Tumble. It was real. People would carry their opponent's eyeballs around as trophies.

well to me the thumb actually makes more sense IMO.

to me trying to get a eye gouge is the same as trying to break somene nose, except harder because you have to be precise as well as get past defense.

with the thumb method you actually can make it easier by going into a grapple. all you need to do is get your hands on the sides of your opponents head.

structurally speaking thats easy as its a natural position for the human body.

and thumbs are tough SOB's
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan View Post
    well to me the thumb actually makes more sense IMO.

to me trying to get a eye gouge is the same as trying to break somene nose, except harder because you have to be precise as well as get past defense.

with the thumb method you actually can make it easier by going into a grapple. all you need to do is get your hands on the sides of your opponents head.

structurally speaking thats easy as its a natural position for the human body.

and thumbs are tough SOB's
    They would also sharpen their thumb nails:

http://xroads.virginia.edu/~UG97/albion/asport.html

"The border sport of bragging and fighting was also introduced to the American backcountry. where it came to be called "rough and tumble." Here again it was a savage combat between two or more males (occasionally females), which sometimes left the contestants permanently blinded or maimed. A graphic description of "rough and tumble" came from the Irish traveler Thomas Ashe, who described a fight between a West Virginian and a Kentuckian. A crowd gathered and arranged itself into an impromptu ring. The contestants were asked if they wished to "fight fair" or "rough and tumble." When they chose "rough and tumble," a roar of approval rose from the multitude. The two men entered the ring, and a few ordinary blows were exchanged in a tentative manner. Then suddenly the Virginian "contracted his whole form, drew his arms to his face," and "pitched himself into the bosom of his opponent," sinking his sharpened fingernails into the Kentuckian's head. "The Virginian," we are told, "never lost his hold . . . fixing his claws in his hair and his thumbs on his eyes, [he] gave them a start from the sockets. The sufferer roared aloud, but uttered no complaint." Even after the eyes were gouged out, the struggle continued. The Virginian fastened his teeth on the Kentuckian's nose and bit it in two pieces. Then he tore off the Kentuckian's ears. At last, the "Kentuckian, deprived of eyes, ears and nose, gave in." The victor, himself maimed and bleeding, was "chaired round the grounds," to the cheers of the crowd"

Look it up. Do a search on Rough and Tumble. It was real. People would carry their opponent's eyeballs around as trophies.
    I wasn't doubting per say, just making fun that Seagal does it in hsi movie, Marked for Death comes to mind.

Here's an interesting read:

"Gouge and Bite, Pull Hair and Scratch:" The Social Significance of Fighting in the Southern Backcountry

http://ejmas.com/jmanly/articles/200..._gorn_0401.htm

"The emphasis on maximum disfigurement, on severing bodily parts, made this fighting style unique. Amid the general mayhem, however, gouging out an opponent’s eye became the sine qua non of rough-and-tumble fighting, much like the knockout punch in modern boxing. The best gougers, of course, were adept at other fighting skills. Some allegedly filed their teeth to bite off an enemy’s appendages more efficiently. Still, liberating an eyeball quickly became a fighter’s surest route to victory and his most prestigious accomplishment. To this end, celebrated heroes fired their fingernails hard, honed them sharp, and oiled them slick. "’You have come off badly this time, I doubt?’" declared an alarmed passerby on seeing the piteous condition of a renowned fighter. "’Have I,’ says he triumphantly, shewing from his pocket at the same time an eye, which he had extracted during the combat, and preserved for a trophy."

Sounds like something right out of this show....watch for the eye gouge at the end.

Rough and Tumble sounds brutal.....this is probably as close as a representation you could find...in a dramatised sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blki-DISUis

As a amatuer fan of western methods I have a few articles here at the house of what was called southern "rough and tumble" and cutlegging matches.

Nasty stuff.

As for eye gouging, I prefer to just think of it as capturing the mind of the attacker, setting up the flinch reaction, instead of the mythos of being able to pop someone's eye's out as easy as buying a soda at MacDonalds.

If you really want to gouge someone's eye's out you better think about incorporating grappling skills. A lot of these old south matches had a LOT of groundfighting and vertical grappling.

I have fought in Hkyen matches in Northern Burma and Eyegouging is legal. If someone wants to fight with eyegouging fine by me hall if they want biting cool too just say so before hand. In a fight the better fighter usually ends up winning no matter the rules. Biting and eygouging are like any technique for them to work they must be prcticed in a live fashion.

Phil,

How do you simulate biting in a "live" fashion, you mean by using a softer bite or folded back lip type method or using the chin to act as the bite?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    Phil,

How do you simulate biting in a "live" fashion, you mean by using a softer bite or folded back lip type method or using the chin to act as the bite?
    Fitted mouthpiece over the top and bottom teeth.

Softer bite

These are from a seminar Bites

http://s93079986.onlinehome.us/BITE1.wmv

http://s93079986.onlinehome.us/NECKSLIDE.wmv

basic eyepoke with the finger or thumb

http://s93079986.onlinehome.us/EYE%201.wmv