Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frank Dux

Frank Dux

what do you know about this guy
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

He was a one "HIT" wonder.
    Don't think about being good in the next year or five years...think about being good in the next 50 years. Learn to love the process of being good, not the anticipation of being good.

lol my co worker was asking about frank dux like i know or something, so i figured i would come here to get the scoop.

ill have to watch that vid link when i get home.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

I remember an article back in '97 saying that Dux was sueing Van Damme over "The Quest" because it was supposed to be a joint venture or something like that. I dont remember the details, but lemme look....

well anyway, it mentions this and more in wikipedia (which is your friend).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Dux

B Red

Fudge I have his bio-book somewhere; actually never read it.

He posts on here as "truthman"
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

****...Bloodsport is on HBO Asia right now...

Bloodsport has one of the best premises and atmosphere of any martial arts movie. Not only that but the dialogue and acting is poor. Unfortunately the action is so weak, that it really brings that movie down. I bet it wouldnt have succeeded without the soundtrack that sounds like an edgy, electronic survivor (eye of the tiger)

B Red

Well the first clue would have been when he said "ninja"!

And blood sport is a sweet ass movie.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by The Xia View Post
    Hehehe.. that was awesome in its total sh1teness. Absolutely perfect capture of the cr@pness that was the "martial arts action movie" of the era.

Pity, really, because in theory Bloodsport could have been a good flick. Even if it was made up out of whole cloth, and bears no resemblance to real events or real characters alive or dead...

And The Quest, which was basically a remake, was even worse when it could have been so much better. Roger Moore should commit seppuku for being involved.
    Last edited by Goldenmane; 07-18-2007 at 05:45 AM. Reason: typesetting
    Geoff

-A hundred enemies, a hundred cups of wine. Infinite enemies, infinite wine.-

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    He posts on here as "truthman"
    Christ. Just did a search. He seems to be less coherent than Dammey-boy on a coke binge.
    Geoff

-A hundred enemies, a hundred cups of wine. Infinite enemies, infinite wine.-

Frank Dux is a fine and respectable amabassador of japanese martial arts, and ninjitsu in particular. He has caught a lot of hatred from the martial arts community, for they do not fully understand the way of the ninja, nor can they ever. Bloodsport was largely misunderstood as an action/martial arts movie, and not as a family drama. In ninjitsu, the clan is the family, and Frank Dux is protecting their honor. The movie actually has little to do with martial arts. Frank knows the tiger mind in full bloom of the beatific spiritual ecstasy it endues, as is apparent by his morally beatific spiritual endeavor.

They went after Frank, they went after Kim, and if I am not careful, they may come after me. But they shall tread upon the den of a beaver, who never surrenders, and never backs down, armed to the very teeth with samurai daggers, with the mind of a tiger, which is the spiritual.

I apologize for the mistake, and submit this edit:

It should have read: "the den of a wolverine," such as it is a close familial relative of the tiger, evolutionarily speaking.