Thread: Frank Dux

Hybrid View

Frank Dux

what do you know about this guy
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

He was a one "HIT" wonder.
    Don't think about being good in the next year or five years...think about being good in the next 50 years. Learn to love the process of being good, not the anticipation of being good.

lol my co worker was asking about frank dux like i know or something, so i figured i would come here to get the scoop.

ill have to watch that vid link when i get home.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

I remember an article back in '97 saying that Dux was sueing Van Damme over "The Quest" because it was supposed to be a joint venture or something like that. I dont remember the details, but lemme look....

well anyway, it mentions this and more in wikipedia (which is your friend).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Dux

B Red

Fudge I have his bio-book somewhere; actually never read it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Xia View Post
    Hehehe.. that was awesome in its total sh1teness. Absolutely perfect capture of the cr@pness that was the "martial arts action movie" of the era.

Pity, really, because in theory Bloodsport could have been a good flick. Even if it was made up out of whole cloth, and bears no resemblance to real events or real characters alive or dead...

And The Quest, which was basically a remake, was even worse when it could have been so much better. Roger Moore should commit seppuku for being involved.
    Last edited by Goldenmane; 07-18-2007 at 05:45 AM. Reason: typesetting
    Geoff

-A hundred enemies, a hundred cups of wine. Infinite enemies, infinite wine.-