Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hitting Girls

Hitting Girls

The JFS/Kat Johnson event seems to have brought this topic up but I haven't seen it seriously discussed.

I watched as an out of control woman beat, kicked and clawed the living crap out of a fellow who was much larger than her because he wouldn't hit her (I asked him). I have a part in this incident too, but I'll leave that out for now.

So here are the questions:
    Under what circumstances would you hit a woman? And I mean any woman; same size as you, smaller than you, whatever. I'd be interested to hear from guys who have to deal with this in the real world, but school experiences count also.

As a martial artist why do you feel it is right or wrong to strike a woman?

*** Let's leave the wife beating idiots and other abusers out of the conversation as they're a different subject from what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by rogue; 07-18-2007 at 06:24 PM.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

same size or bigger than me??!?!?!!?

I don't care whats under the hood, that is a big animal AFAIC.

There's a difference between stopping an attack and beating the living hell out of someone.

I think a few good mid-section shot would make 99% of women attackers think that attacking a guy is not such a good idea.

However a guy just putting a beatdown on a girl probably not a good idea!

I think a few good mid-section shot would make 99% of women attackers think that attacking a guy is not such a good idea.
    She could be pregnant...
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Try leaving.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Not an option in this thread.

DM

cjurakpt Guest
    tough call - on the one hand, societal imperatve is generally against it - it's almost a no win for any guy; however, let's start from the top doen: if she's armed, all bets are off - gender is no longer a significant factor once a weapon comes into play, so yes; if she's trained (how you'd know? well, she'd be dressed like it - evidetly when females show up for fights these days, say in MD parking lots, they wear highly conspicuous MT gear...), and physically in as good or better shape then me, same thing; if she's smaller, untrained and maybe just mean, well, I'd hold her tight until all he hurt and pain melted away...- ok, seriously, I'd go for restraining type stuff, and try to avoid striking if at all possible - hard to say what woul be the line she'd have to cross for that to happen...

Culturally it's a very tough call. The fellow in my example was trying to just restrain her, and when I got involved so was I. I ended up with a black eye and a ringing ear before I got control of her, and even then when I was taking her down she tried to get away and almost hit her head on the corner of a table. That's the point where I realized what I was doing wasn't working to achieve my goals, her controlled, her safe and me safe.
    Last edited by rogue; 07-18-2007 at 07:11 PM.

DM

Meh, I've had to restrain women before. There are no rules. I don't mean go to town on them! I just mean, same as with any confrontation, this whole 'rules of engagement' stuff is just crap. It all goes tits up when the flan hits the fan.

One time I tried to stop my then gf from going to town on me. She was pushing me and trying to rile me up... I wasn't biting so she started beating me around the head, but not really using all her strength and it wasn't really hurting, so I caught her arms and she tried twisting out and kicking me (army boots to the nuts - luckily I avoided and she missed), so I pulled her close so she couldn't get a swing in and then she lost it and started stamping on my feet and scraping my shins...

Eventually she realised she wasn't going to get away and stopped. She had bruises on her amrs from where I grabbed her and she took great delight in showing them to select people over the next few days.

Advice: choose your women wisely, and don't choose the ones who wear army boots.

Another time another then GF swung a monkey wrench at me and started threatening me with it. I picked something up (can't even remember what) and threatened her back and she backed off, but her and her twin sister (hmm, stereo grief!) never let me hear the end of how I'd threatened the GF! Bit bloody cheeky if you ask me but typical of the double standards involved in violence on women.

Advice: if you'r dating a hot crazy twin, shag em both! I know it's not strictly related to the topic but hey, you can't really get into more trouble for it!

FWIW I've never had to hit a woman, but I probably would if things got serious enough, an I'm with Chris on the weapon thing, deffo.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    She could be pregnant...
    coincidentally, an acquaintance of mine went to jail over the weekend for this. She was at my club and got into a fight with someone. She kicked the girl in the stomach and it turns out that the woman she kicked was pregnant. Assaulting a pregnant woman is a felony.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Seven, any stories and advice from the job about this subject?

DM

This doesn't sound PC at all, but at the same time it's real - if the woman acts like a man, treat her like one. MJ suggested walking away, but as my job dictates that I don't walk away, that is not an option. Women kick, scratch bite, and some of the big ones really know how to throw their weight around. My job also dictates that I don't strike ANYONE unless the situation is dire, but I restrain women just as hard as I restrain men, even to the point of choking. I have never choked a woman out with a RNC or anything similar though - Once they felt themselves choking, they quickly calmed down and I let them go.

FWIW, most of the scratches I have on my hands and arms are from women who scratched and bit me while fighting.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    Seven, any stories and advice from the job about this subject?
    LOL, I saw a guy - a bodybuilder who weighs about 260 get clocked in the face repeatedly by a female who used to box. that same female clocked one of our bouncers and grabbed the nads of another. She was a handful - someone ended up choking her. She calmed down before she lost consciousness.

Women can be vicious. I have a scar on the back of my hand from a woman who dug her nail into my skin as hard as she could after I grabbed her to put her out. It didn't hurt at all, but she literally went for blood.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

If you look REALLY close at this pic, you can see a 'y' shaped marking toward the left side of my forearm - looks like a vein. That is a scar from a scratch from an altercation with a woman

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

That was nice of her to leave you something to remember her by.

I learned that in the real world you have to treat a woman just like any other threat and use appropriate force, or you could be in a world of hurt. I also learned that by trying to be too nice I almost got both of us more injured than I had intended, not to mention it took more work than if I had just leg kicked her or gave her a good slap to the ear to set up the control.

DM