Thread: Fut Sao Wing Chun Kuen?

Fut Sao Wing Chun Kuen?

Has anyone heard of Fut Sao Wing Chun Kuen? Is it just wing chung with a different name, or is there something different with there training/style?

Thanks.

Fut Sao Wing Chun Kuen

Fut Sao Wing Chun Kuen is very diverse. It has internal Hei-Gung training. Footworks (Siu Baat Gwa) is integral. Very complete well rounded system.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Fut Sao Wing Chun Kuen is very diverse. It has internal Hei-Gung training. Footworks (Siu Baat Gwa) is integral. Very complete well rounded system.

So is the Hei-Gung like chi gung? What is the footwork like? I also see there is a chin na set in it, which is pretty interesting. Thanks.

There's a detailed section on it in Ritchie's Complete Wing Chun, and I believe they've had their own book out for a year or so too. My impression is that it's like Wing Chun with a bit of Hung. I'm not saying that's how it's formed, that's just the best impression I can give of the flavour.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Hello Mtal,

Hei Gung is the cantonese rendition of Qigong if I am not mistaken. It's footworks are diverse and like every good CMA Kam Na (Chin Na) is definitely embedded in the art.

Fut Sao is a well rounded system from the tiny experience that I have. If you are in the vicinity it's well worth checking it out. Like the saying goes out there it's 'different strokes for different folks.' I for one highly recommend it, when I first saw a demo in Brooklyn being done by Cama sifu I was like, 'this is exactly what I wan't to do!'.

Cama sifu and his students are very good people and if you are sincerely interested please take the time to check it out.

Hello Sam: Send my best regards to Cama sifu when and if you see him.

Best regards,
    It is amazing for me to understand that "unexplainable" no longer has to mean "nonexistent". pp172
    Grave's End: A True Ghost Story by Elaine Mercado, R.N.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtal View Post
    Has anyone heard of Fut Sao Wing Chun Kuen? Is it just wing chung with a different name, or is there something different with there training/style?

Thanks.
    I was the first "Sifu" under Henry Leung until I left. I worked in his restaurant for two years and we even lived in the same building in Brooklyn for over a year. Fut Sao Wing Chun is also known as Gu Yee Kuen. I have an audio tape made by Henry Leung with the complete history according to him. I'll have to dig it out to get the particulars.
    PR
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr