Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Shao-lin Ninjitsu for real?

Quote Originally Posted by ammocase View Post
    Ummmm nice change in subject. Hatsumi is the last teacher of ninjutsu ( he can spell it anyway he wants an it will be the right way ), everyone came after him, even the other branches of ninjutsu came from him. An he uses Ninjutsu, the widely known fakes use Ninjitsu ( duxx an kim ) .. im sorry i didnt realise you were reading between the lines....

Really? Hatsumi? When he attended our semi-annual kumite in May of 2000, he provided notes on the seminar he was teaching (Shao-lin double shuriken ch'uan), and spelled his name Hatsumy. It was a mis-translation/transliteration. By your very standards, Hatsumi was wrong about his name, engaged himself in a logical paradox, and unmade himself with poor spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by The Xia View Post
    Can you please list and describe each form in Shao-lin Ninjitsu?
    Here are the few I'm sure you're familiar with, and won't compromise the art:

Big 6-Fist (I think it's equivalent in Chinese is Big Red Fist)

Linen Fist

Admiral Kwan's Green Dragon Naginata

Shao-lin Katana-do

White Simian Soils the Caravan (Move-for-move two-man form from Sevenstar Mantis, I believe.....I generally forget what the modern chinese counterpart for this form is). Strangely enough, ours is a move for move counterpart of the chinese form. If you perform White Ape Exits the Caravan and White Ape Soils the Caravan together as one, it is quite a sight to behold.

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    Fool! Shaolin Ninjitsu is the form of formlessness. Where is your proof that you have a masters degree? You think you will learn the secrets, HA!
    Ah, but how does one achieve formlessness if one has no knowledge of form? The mind is essentialy a body-form, though its essence is formlessness. Just so is Shaolin Ninjitsu formless in its essence, although patterned upon the metaphysical tiger spiritual contained in kuen and katas.

I have not heard from you. I am beginning to think that I am being punked. I really don't appreicate it.

I gave your cot to the dog.

Here is the only sanctioned video feed of The Black Dragon Fighting Society's version of the Kata Dante. Although theirs is of a lineage different from ours (I believe from So Huk Yee, if I am not mistaken [and I've only been proven mistaken once, but remedied it by shredding, whiting-out, and burning the record of it, though I should have paid attention to the order in which I did that, because it made the process that much more difficult to execute]), it is essentially the same. I always thought Ashida Kim had a good grip on the movements, but he lacked a certain, I don't know, ninja essence to his techniques, and made them look kind of "wushuy" when performed. He didn't seem to understand the principles of the movements. But I'm not going to get embroiled in that controversy right now.

Here is a close approximation of one of our highest level Shao-lin forms:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymQh9rLgQyU

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by John Takeshi View Post
    I gave your cot to the dog.
    usually you have to pay admission somewhere to hear material this good...

I forgot to mention: if you pause that video at 2:40, you can see me in the front row to the right of the pole at the head of the line. I attended that seminar, but was not pleased with the lack of true ninja principles in the forms. I never liked Kim's "wushuy" take on their execution. You don't notice it in the video, but I was the only one not to bow after he bowed to us at the end. It set off a schism between myself and Grandmaster Kim, and forever put me in bad standing with the Black Dragon Fighting Society.

I do kind of miss their fellowship.

C'est la vie.

I think that aptly demonstrates how worldly I am.
    Last edited by John Takeshi; 07-24-2007 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Takeshi View Post
    Here is the only sanctioned video feed of The Black Dragon Fighting Society's version of the Kata Dante. Although theirs is of a lineage different from ours (I believe from So Huk Yee, if I am not mistaken [and I've only been proven mistaken once, but remedied it by shredding, whiting-out, and burning the record of it, though I should have paid attention to the order in which I did that, because it made the process that much more difficult to execute]), it is essentially the same. I always thought Ashida Kim had a good grip on the movements, but he lacked a certain, I don't know, ninja essence to his techniques, and made them look kind of "wushuy" when performed. He didn't seem to understand the principles of the movements. But I'm not going to get embroiled in that controversy right now.

Here is a close approximation of one of our highest level Shao-lin forms:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymQh9rLgQyU
    Oh brother. Controversy??Are you saying that you are Lin Kuei( Forrest Demon)??This Sh!t is toooooo funny.

I am saying nothing of the sort. It is not funny. It is personal, and it closed a very important chapter in my life.

I don't appreciate it when people read through my life as if it were a Danielle Steele novel, or Yahweh forbid, Harry Potter, and then rip it apart and deconstruct it as if it were something to be pandered and parodied as inconsequential.

Where is the brotherhood of martial artists? Why can we not speak our minds and hearts without being shat upon (forgive the strong language) by the cynics who have squelched every last spark of romanticism and independent intellection in this great nation of ours?

Must we always be judged? Must we always judge?

I would nominate myself for cryosleep, had I the option. I would like to see an era where humanity has a rebirth, for it is dead in this era of ours.

God save us all.

God save the president.

I am going to go run the gauntlet. Razorwire thermoban be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by Siu Lum Fighter View Post
    Wow, that is some seriously elaborate trolling. The only problem I have with it is that some total air head is likely to believe all of this bullsh!t and go down to Crenshaw to get himself killed.
    Trolling? What does fishing have to do with this? BTW, not everyone who goes to Crenshaw gets himself killed. People live there. If they go out of town, then come back home, are they going to get killed? By your own logic, everyone in Crenshaw is DOA.

**Disclaimer: some people who go to Crenshaw get themselves killed.

See THIS is the reason my Shao-lin Ninjitsu Clan has always been so opposed to your antics Takeshi Sensei. You are too out spoken with our art.

Our clan has forever hid within the shadows of society as we have been taught since day one of training within the Grand Spiritual Tiger Hall.

YOU KNOW THIS!

Yet repeatedly we find you trying to share our forbidden arts with the public.

You KNOW some silly degree from some university is not enough to qualify one as being unified within the mind of the eye of the tiger SPIRITUAL!

I have held my tongue long enough, This must STOP.

You anger the elders.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

As I said, PangQuan, I am no longer a part of the Black Dragon Fighting Society. I'm not afraid of the elders, though I do have respect for them.

And I have not spoken of things that are "inside" information. The Big 6-Fist and Shaolin Katana-do are all pretty standard material, and Ashida Kim liscensed the display of his lineage of the Kata Dante long ago.

I was on the committee that sanctioned its public release in South Africa decades ago.

Well, as a former BDFS brother in shadows, I personally wont involve myself nor my squad in your silencing, unless of course the Elders command it so. But you know how that is....the eye of the mind within the spiritual of the phoenix tiger eye.

Though likely the elders still fear your retaliation from your episode 8 years ago in Okinawa, so from this vantage point atop my mountain temple all looks as snow upon a midnight river bed.

I myself grow weary of the clans increased involvment in political affairs, something you know me to be against.

Ah I long for the old days when the elders were satisfied with the quenching of our blades on the blood of the unworthy opponents....now all I seem to hear about is Iraq.

But I digress...

I must say the tongue lashing I was ordered to issue fell a bit short of vengeful as I am sympathetic to your aim, and I value your goals as I feel they are in tune with the true aspect of the tigers essence of spritual mind.

Take care John and keep an ear to the shadows. You never know when the elders will attempt again what has thrice been thwarted in the past.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    Ok, and if a native Japanese speaker were to write the word for 'beer' by using the Katagana for 'biaru' instead of 'biru' another native Japanese speaker who knew better would be justified in correcting him, right?
    It depends on how it is pronnounced. If it's ambiguous, wgaf?

Quote Originally Posted by NJM View Post
    It depends on how it is pronnounced.
    Ah-ha, and the word 'Jujutsu' is not pronounced in the language of origin with an 'i' sound in the second syllable. The common mistransliteration stems from the practice of a phonetic spelling of a Brazillian-Portuguese accent in trying to pronounce the orgininal word. In that sense, I guess its suitable enough for BJJ, but not for other contexts.