Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you realistically defend against a Dog?

How do you realistically defend against a Dog?

Every summer two cats go missing a day in my neighbourhood from coyotes, that come down to the suburbs from the mountains. Today while walking to the store I saw a full grown coyote. I walked up behind it hoping it would get frightened and run for the hills, but the little ******* turned around and stepped to me. As it came in it caught me off gaurd so i could only do a light blend of a rear muay thai round kick and an inside crescent kick...I only clipped his beak with the top of my shoe, which is the crescent kick, but I wiped through his face using the slashing mechanics of a thai kick...I busted my knuckles on my right hand so all I do for the last month is kick the bag for like two hours a day, so it was a natural reaction technique...no real power...just executed to create distance, which it did perfectly.

So, the beak shot shook him up good, and he wouldn't charge after that...I shouted at him a bit, and he ran up the alley, but kept stopping to stand his ground, so I grabbed a chunk of concrete sitting in a pile in a nearby yard and chucked it at him, missing by a foot...the bugger chased the rock, then I gave him one more shout to step off, then I turned and walked, and the he ran away...conniving bugger that wily cat is...sucker just couldn't not stop holding his ground...I felt compassioniatte for his circumstance being hungry, but I love cats more than dogs, so I was willing to kill the coyote with my heel if I had to.

My question is...say i missed him with the right inside crescent kick, and then he darted in and lockjawed my support ankle...how best do I get him off me, like what are the details for gouging eyes, ripping nostrils, and manhandling eardrums etc?.

this is a serious threa...the coyote I could have rocked with my feet...but a wolf or a maddog german shepard...I'd be scared!.
    Last edited by diego; 07-21-2007 at 07:32 PM.

Offer him your left hand, and as he tries to take it pull back, and with your right hand plow down along the side of his head so your arm checks his mouth preventing a bite. Reach in and grab his paw. Then stand up as fast as you can flipping him in circles in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    Offer him your left hand, and as he tries to take it pull back, and with your right hand plow down along the side of his head so your arm checks his mouth preventing a bite. Reach in and grab his paw. Then stand up as fast as you can flipping him in circles in the air.
    are you serious?

If he does bite your hand, hook your fingers down under his toung to the floor of his mouth and ram down and in as hard as you can. It will force his head to his chest and relive the bitting pressure at the same time. You will sustain some injury, but if you follow by mounting from the rear and pulling his jaw bone into his neck as hard as you can, he will be forced to release his grip. You can choke him out BJJ style with relative ease at this point if you like, same as you would a person.

From there, you can also pin him with a half or full nelson and just lay on him till he tires too much to fight.

I used to full on spar Theresa's Shepard. He was vicious and refused to loose. I got bit a couple times, but eventually figured out that dogs are easy to controll in a fight. Thier reflexes are not faster than yours if you have any martial skill at all.

Your best bet (seriously) is to unleash some BJJ on them.
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 07-21-2007 at 07:44 PM.

If you do as I say, he cannot turn his head towards you to bite. He's on a bad angle because you just got superior position on him.

are you serious?

Reply]
    D@mmm Straight!!
    but the flipping in circles...won't he just land, get up and attack?

what if he catches my support ankle after a missed kick...how do I reach down and remove his teeth from my shoe?....besides taking my shoe off

You should not be fighting a dog with stand up, you need to think Shui Jiao. Get in close and clinch him then go for the throw.

If you use the throw I explained above you will most likely sprain his left leg enough to make him think twice about engaging you a second time. If he's dumb enough to try again, next time step in and behind so you end up laying on top of his back and then choke him out.

Also, Dogs do not land on thier feet like cats If you can enter like I explained you can feed into all sorts of pile driving throws and take downs that will put him on his side or back and will allow you to gain top controll.
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 07-21-2007 at 07:55 PM.

but the flipping in circles...won't he just land, get up and attack?

Reply]
    If you are lucky, yes. To prolong the practice of dog sparring you have to take care to be gentile on the throw so as not to sprain his leg or he will try to limp away scared rather than stay and train with you.

If you wish to prolong the practice, you have to go gentile and fool the Dog into thinking he has an actual chance of winning, otherwise he will back down and run away.

Remember, your arm is much stronger than his leg, so it will be easy to hurt him as I described, so be careful not to hurt him or you will not have a wild animal to practice with anymore.
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 07-21-2007 at 07:58 PM.

You should not be fighting a dog with stand up, you need to think Shui Jiao. Get in close and clinch him.

If you use the throw I explained above you will most likely sprain his left leg enough to make him think twice about engaging you a second time. If he's dumb enough to try again, next time step in and behind so you end up laying on top of his back and then choke him out.

Also, Dogs do not land on thier feet like cats, you can enter like I explained you can feed into all sorts of pile driving throws and take downs that will allow you to gain top controll.
    interesting...see I'm like 6 foot 5 or 4 or something, so I'm all about kicks to keep an opponnent at bay, unless he plays basketball..I like the whole choke him out thing, but what about when he lock jaws your ankle...you'd be in a lot of pain to do any types of bend down, pick him up and anal gouge him...hm, but plugs would work to, i remember someone saying!!?

Don't offer him your ankle, offer him your left hand. He's a dog and will go towards the most easy biteable target. Since your intent is concealed, you are basically setting him up for your entry, and also the follow through to the throw or whatever type of ground controll you please.

There are other ways too, just watch the Crock hunter and see how he takes animals down. The same concepts can be used with the dog so long as you enter like I said to check his ability to bite right away, by gaining superior position on him. Once you have a good side position on him, he cannot hurt you becasue your arm is preventing him from turning his head to bite.
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 07-21-2007 at 08:05 PM.

pick him up and anal gouge him..

Reply]
    No, too risky as you would have to remove your controlling hand form the side of his head. That will free him up and give him the room he needs to turn and bite...not to mention it's just plain disgusting.

If you have some practice, you can also do this and then shoot your left hand in and under his jaw, then back up to grab the top thus pinning his mouth shut. Dogs are very strong with clamping their jaws shut, but weak when it comes to opening them.

Dude, if they`re that common a threat in your area buy a can of pepper spray.These little basids carry disease, and if they`re comming into town and aren`t afraid of pepole they could very well be rabid. You don`t want to engage them up close period.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I fight with my dog alla time and he's big-Flatcoat retriever-part retriever,part Newfie. I grab him by the cheek/neck area and slam him down to the ground. You can really get your hands into this area. You just pull his head down-where the head goes, the body follows, and dogs think with their heads/mouths.
    But he's smart. I used to fake him, and now he knows my tricks. I try to lure him with one hand, and he immediately looks for the other. fkn dog's smarter than me.