Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you realistically defend against a Dog?

If the dog is a trained personal protection or police dog and it is a good specimen: You have no chance. All of this nonsense about kicking the dog at the right time is baloney. Your best chance of surviving is to stand absolutely still. If you are unarmed, and you try to fight the dog, you will lose. The dog is fast enough to bite you two or three times before you even realize where you've been bit. And by then... it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    You should not be fighting a dog with stand up, you need to think Shui Jiao. Get in close and clinch him then go for the throw.

If you use the throw I explained above you will most likely sprain his left leg enough to make him think twice about engaging you a second time. If he's dumb enough to try again, next time step in and behind so you end up laying on top of his back and then choke him out.

Also, Dogs do not land on thier feet like cats If you can enter like I explained you can feed into all sorts of pile driving throws and take downs that will put him on his side or back and will allow you to gain top controll.
    Good analysis on dogs behaviour.

Talking

I was house sitting once about 15 years ago, and while I was taking out the trash still half asleep at about sunrise , the couple I was house sitting for forgot to mention the bid A** 100 lb + New Foundland (I think I spelled it right) in the yard.

Needless to say, I dropped two large bags of trash as this massive dog jump at at me and put it's two paws on my shoulders and knocked me back into the fence. I am 5'6, it was like 6 foot standing up.

My response was to double hand grab it underneath it's jaw , squeeze it's throat, shove it back and Knee the hell out of it's chest , It knocked it back and it tried to jump again and I groin kicked it (yup, works on jumping dogs). It yelped and fell back , I'm am pretty sure I hurt the dog, but never brought it up to the owners. I got the hell out of the yard and left the trash right where it fell. The end.

My only experience.

This thread has got to be total bull****--and I hope no one actually takes any of this advice....

Dogs will vary in their ferocity and ability and weakness. Just with any wild animal, its got natural weapons that you do not. Try and beat the thing down with whatever you can find--if there's nothing around than you'd have a better chance with a covered foot than a bare arm. Slamming a dog or shoving your thumb in it's eye will usually get them to let go if they're biting.

Why you walked up behind the coyote is beyond me...you asked for the trouble to be honest.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Good analysis on dogs behaviour
    No its not.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankuen View Post
    This thread has got to be total bull****--and I hope no one actually takes any of this advice....

Vankuen,

I'm sorry was that aimed at my post? Hope not, because it was an actual occurance, not advice.

Ok, I sparred a Rott this weekend. I used all the same stuff that worked on the shepard and got chewed up but good. Seems the Rot has a much tighter turning radias than the Shepard, and can actually bite me when I *Think* I had him locked up....so kindly disregaurd anything I have said on this thread unles you are fighting a Shepard.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

The biggest dogs in the world will still lose to the biggest cats.
    I stand on the Mesa and look down at the vastness of my world and i realize how truly small you all are in it. This has been my greatest enlightenment. None of you are important, and you will never truly be free individuals until you surrender to my instruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    Being the idiot I am...

I have been attacked by a dog before and it sucked. I put mt arms in the line of its bite and it got forearm good. Basically I powered it down and choked and kneed it. It let go But I did'nt. I held it down and yelled for help. I've got a nice scar on my forearm from that **** dog.

I keep reading all this offer it your arm stuff and cringing.( Yeah, yeah, it beats letting the dog choose where he bites but...) I spent 2 years in our local volunteer fire dept before I moved overseas. Quiet town usually no crime to speak of, but we got a resque call once about a crook that got torn up by a lady`s Mastiff. The crook had attacked her with a knife and so he was armed and able to stab the dog multiple times. Even so the first bite and shake from that dog broke both bones in his forearm and dislocated it at the elbow and shoulder. The soft tissue injuries from the teeth weren`t pretty either.

"Realistic" defense against a dog was the thread starter`s goal. I`d say strong pepperspray and a stout walking stick. Distance is your friend people.

Quote Originally Posted by John Takeshi View Post
    The biggest dogs in the world will still lose to the biggest cats.
    The biggest cats in the world will still lose to the biggest lizards.

You just freeze. Don't move at all. Don't look it in the eye. He will sniff you for a second or two and leave you alone. I learned this trick a long time ago,when I was about 12. At the time I used to take two Karate classes. One was in a bad neighborhood and I had to walk there. There where some stray dogs running around and I got to use this techneque more then once. It works.

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen-frozen View Post
    I keep reading all this offer it your arm stuff and cringing.( Yeah, yeah, it beats letting the dog choose where he bites but...) I spent 2 years in our local volunteer fire dept before I moved overseas. Quiet town usually no crime to speak of, but we got a resque call once about a crook that got torn up by a lady`s Mastiff. The crook had attacked her with a knife and so he was armed and able to stab the dog multiple times. Even so the first bite and shake from that dog broke both bones in his forearm and dislocated it at the elbow and shoulder. The soft tissue injuries from the teeth weren`t pretty either.

"Realistic" defense against a dog was the thread starter`s goal. I`d say strong pepperspray and a stout walking stick. Distance is your friend people.

I've got a pretty gnarly scar,BUT that dog was zeroed in on my crotch. If it happens again the dog will suffer puncture wounds.
    1 Sam. 16:7

I have a wolf/Husky mix..you need to show them who is the alpha. I have beat the crap out of her and she still listens to my husband, before me. Heck I even trained her to not just grab food and bring back a ball when thrown.My husband is the alpha male when it comes to her. She is over 100 pounds and will not let anyone come near the kids. The neighbors chickens are her favorite treat. I do all the training and my husband gets all the credit, thats crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Tsai View Post
    The biggest cats in the world will still lose to the biggest lizards.
    http://www.komodotours.com/images/komodo-dragon.gif

VS.

http://www.exzooberance.com/virtual%...r%20471057.jpg

you be the judge.