Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you realistically defend against a Dog?

I smell one of those 3d rendered animal face offs... come on, National Geographic, I'm waiting...
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators

I'll bet Michael Vick could teach you a thing or two about how to defend against a dog....heh....heh....heh....

*ZAAAP!* *Bang!*
    I stand on the Mesa and look down at the vastness of my world and i realize how truly small you all are in it. This has been my greatest enlightenment. None of you are important, and you will never truly be free individuals until you surrender to my instruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    Being the idiot I am...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Tsai View Post
    Vankuen,

I'm sorry was that aimed at my post? Hope not, because it was an actual occurance, not advice.
    No not at all...sorry about the miscommunication. I was amazed at all the bad advice being given is all....
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

As a lettier carrier, I can tell you that pepperspray does not work very well on the larger breeds of dogs. I worry more about those little yappers that come from behind, out of no where.

Quote Originally Posted by John Takeshi View Post
    The biggest dogs in the world will still lose to the biggest cats.
    The biggest cats in the world will still lose to the biggest lizards.
    The biggest lizards in the world will still lose to the biggest duckbilled platypus.

When I said the "the biggest lizards", I was referring to Crocs and Gators.

When I said the "the biggest lizards", I was referring to Crocs and Gators.
    When I said "the biggest duckbilled platypus," I was referring to this (see attached image).

Quote Originally Posted by boshea View Post
    When I said "the biggest duckbilled platypus," I was referring to this (see attached image).
    Now thats funny!

Actually after surfing youtube, I stand corrected. It appears Tigers hunt Alligators for food? Either way, vid show Tigers winning.

I don't know if any of you guys have ever seen Karate Bear Fighter, or Karate Bull Fighter, with Sonny Chiba playing the part of Masutatsu Oyama, but I think he makes an excellent representation on how to deal with killer animals. If it's a dog, try ripping off his tail with your bare hands.
    I stand on the Mesa and look down at the vastness of my world and i realize how truly small you all are in it. This has been my greatest enlightenment. None of you are important, and you will never truly be free individuals until you surrender to my instruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    Being the idiot I am...

More Takeshi nonsense

If it's a dog, try ripping off his tail with your bare hands.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You dont want to try that with Vick's friends.

joy chaudhuri

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    Choke the dog out BJJ style. Don't try to pull away if he has a hold of your arm. In fact as someone said give it to him. While he has your arm in his mouth push your arm forward down his throat. When he opens to try to get more or a better grip then pull it out. I don't know if it would work BUT i would use eye guages and ear strikes using my palm also.

Exclamation

Some crazy ideas in this thread!

#1 Don't sneak up behind it!!

You're putting the coyote in a dangerous situation, by being that close. It's like cornering it. They are probably in survival mode, and they don't know humans like a domestic dog. A snake will slither away but if you get too close, it has to defend itself or die.

Grab a garbage can or something if you're going to go towards it, but still don't sneak up on them.

#2 Stay away from it's mouth. Don't let it bite you. Like a knife, don't get stabbed.
    DojoGoods.com - Traditional martial arts supply shop, tailor-fit clothing and fine swords.

you know when it gets right down to it, if you are attacked by a dog,and a big dog for that matter, you are fuked, no ands ifs or buts about it. you are going to get bitten and if it is two dogs attacking you then you are even more majorly fuked than when you got attacked by one dog. you WILL get ripped apart, you will p!ss yourself silly as you are being attacked, you will pray to god that you survive and then IF you come out of it alive, then its off to the ER for rabies shots as well as stitches and then reconstructive surgey to make yourself look like "normal" again. This is FACT.

As for all the coyote comments, coyotes will NEVER allow you to get within 20 yds of them let alone 20 inches. they are reclusive and shy and they will NEVER let you know that they are at your doorstep UNTIL they have carried off your livestock and then yip and yodel off in the distance to celebrate their nightly hunt. you will hear them but you will never see them except in very rare cases.

(since we dont go around carrying sticks and bats and swords and shotguns) The ONLY thing that will help you in a dog attack is IF you are a licensed handgun owner and you have it with you. MACE will just come flowing back into your face and then YOU will be even MORE FUKED THAN FUKED.

Thank your creator or however you see the world and kharma that you have not been attacked by a dog, because if you do get attacked,what did i say before??? YES i said your fuked.

your fuked.

Peace,TWS
    Last edited by The Willow Sword; 10-11-2007 at 02:09 PM.
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Dog Attack

Well I would have to say first mistake is to defend....the moment you placed yourself in a defense you became vunerable. Second you should have been counter attacking with no option but to kill the animal...the animal has only one plan and he would kill you with no hesitation, so too must be this animal. So stkes executed should have been directed to kill the animal.

Good luck with your next animal attack.

taser it.

then put it in a duffle bag.

don't forget to make sure you protect your supporting ankle.
    Kung Fu is good for you.