Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: How do you realistically defend against a Dog?

do dim mak work on dogs?

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

I once worked on a ranch, and there was an old man that worked there who would run coyotes with dogs, and once the yote was treed he would get off his horse and ease in on it. He would have the dogs barking but also being held back, that was my job. He would reach in with his left hand and as the coyote grabbed it he would instantly, before it could apply great biting force, grab the bottom jaw and lever it downward, and this prevented it from actually biting him hard. He would sort of lift up and control it while myself or someone else taped the feet together. He told me he learned this by playing rough with his own dogs. It works with my dogs as well, but I have not used it to actually fight a dog. He told me that he could do it with any dog but a bull dog. The jaw is too short, too wide, and way to powerful to lever down.
    I fear that if you go trying to fight a serious dog by punching and kicking he will do a take down and eat your a$$ up.
    Jackie Lee

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    hum.... fighting a dog...

well first off i would not put myself in that position unless absolutlely nessessary. I would say that it would be hard to do against certain breeds of dogs, as above stated like pitbulls or bulldogs. One thing i've learned about being around dogs is that you stand your ground if a dog comes aggressively toward you. If you give the dog will take your backside. I've heard to jam you hand down the throat, but i've never tried or had the inclination.

honestly, I would try to postion myself as you would a weapon weilded against you, control the mouth. only advise i could give on that one.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

You guys are funny. I couldn't continue reading all postings from dogs to snakes or wild animals. Some are fun, some are out of laland and many too much reading novels or short stories about urban mythology.
    A dog is a dog and a wild animal is a wild animal. Humans are wimpy creatures and those who live in the country side around the world know much better. Just don't mess around with wild predators or even dogs. In case of emergency, find anything and use it as a weapon, climb a tree, a table or any safe place if you can but don't start thinking or rationing your lies as you are surviving for your life. Be real.

Mig

That was the only time I was attacked by a dog myself and I got stuck in that situation, I stood my ground but worked on escape as quickly as I could. When I was a kid growing up I Bastrop Texas we would have small packs of wild dogs come through our property, sometimes while I was outside playing. Wwwould climb something as fast as ww could because ww knew the dogs would kill us. These are more akin to rabid animals with little in common with pet or city dogs. For any wild animal I would never engage without a weapon. Pet and city dogs generally act out on protection instinct. I will say after being bitten I look at dogs a bit differently.

My arm is just now finally healed. If the dog had not been tetherd I would have had a far different situation and outcome.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    I used to full on spar Theresa's Shepard. He was vicious and refused to loose. I got bit a couple times, but eventually figured out that dogs are easy to controll in a fight. Thier reflexes are not faster than yours if you have any martial skill at all.

Your best bet (seriously) is to unleash some BJJ on them.
    If you put this on DVD and marketed it as self defense against wild dogs or rabid dogs, I bet you'd make a bundle. There's got to be a better label for it than those I suggest, but there's lots of people out there who are afraid of dogs so I'm sure there's a market. I just want to see video footage of you illustrating all these things you say on a live dog (not full power of course), so I can understand what you're saying.
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    hum.... fighting a dog...

well first off i would not put myself in that position unless absolutlely nessessary. I would say that it would be hard to do against certain breeds of dogs, as above stated like pitbulls or bulldogs. One thing i've learned about being around dogs is that you stand your ground if a dog comes aggressively toward you. If you give the dog will take your backside. I've heard to jam you hand down the throat, but i've never tried or had the inclination.

honestly, I would try to postion myself as you would a weapon weilded against you, control the mouth. only advise i could give on that one.
    I know someone (Texan) who had to kill a dog that attacked him by shoving his hand down it's throat, other hand clasped on nostrils while leg scissorgripping
    dogs body. Owner of dog was the problem.

I hope no one has posted this yet. Dishu Quan.........

I'd just bite him back, they never expect it. Of course you want to go for the scrotum, just don't let your ole lady catch you practicing this technique on the neighbors dogs.

Footnote: 4 out of 5 dentists do not recommend this, avoid if pregnant, you have lock jaw, you are missing most of your teeth, or you have dentures.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

shoot it lol, iff you have time then wrap a shirt around your arm and let it bite that arm.....then proceed to beat the **** out of it..

pull front legs apart.

stab it repeatedly.

pull top and bottom jaw apart.

beat it with a stick.

this is only for large sporting or hunting dogs.

with dogs, the problem is ALWAYS the owner.
    Unfortunately, your dog needs to be licensed, but the owner doesn't need a license to own a dog. go figure.

There are a lot of people who haven't got a clue about how to relate to an animal, live with one and have one or two as companions. Many folk have a stupid tendency to anthropomorphize their dog. That is to say, attribute it human traits and perceive it to have them. It doesn't. It's a dog.
    Kung Fu is good for you.