Thread: Video: Beijing Shuai Jiao

I have these bookmarked, I think they were posted here before, nevertheless, they are good! I like seeing the similarities and differences between shuai jiao and judo.
    Bless you

is it me or allot of Shuai jiao throws meant for people who are stronger than their opponent? Honestly I don't think I pull off a hip throw or a arm throw on most people. I have been playing with some basic throws that a nameless person thought me. (well the few I remember). They are basic on feeling the persons power (or body weight), timing..
    I would love to see more shuai jiao maybe I am wrong.

Throws are actually created for quite the opposite. Relying on principles of proper leverage and technique, not superior strength and power, are what gives the smaller person an advantage in the throwing arts.
    All throwing arts are based on these principles. Now whether or not a certain teacher is capable of teaching said principles.................. is a whole other story!
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Well said 3T -

Throwing arts have ton's of throws in common (for the obvious reason) the philosphy behind them is what differs....

Quote Originally Posted by Three Harmonies View Post
    Throws are actually created for quite the opposite. Relying on principles of proper leverage and technique, not superior strength and power, are what gives the smaller person an advantage in the throwing arts.
    All throwing arts are based on these principles. Now whether or not a certain teacher is capable of teaching said principles.................. is a whole other story!
    Jake
    I think what he may be saying is the method involved, for example the difference between hitting a person and forcing them off balace as opposed to the idea of kazushi where you are using their own motion to help pull/push them off balance.

Of course, force is stull used regardless though, to some extent.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter