Thread: JKD NOW

4 Ranges Guest

JKD NOW

Hi forum members. I'm new here. Thought I'd put my 2 cents in.

Too many people associate JKD with Bruce Lee and JUST him. They judge it's efficacy (or illegitimacy) based on the founder's life and martial practice. To a certain extent, this is logical and understandable. However, if people want to know what JKD IS NOW, they should check out the instructors of JKD, and figure it out for yourself.

Stick hands with Guro Dan, or Yori Nakamura, or Erik Paulson, or Paul Vunak, and find out if JKD is legit.

Or, better yet, spar, all out with these instructors or their senior students, and see how truly legit JKD is.

We can all yak and yak about how JKD is just a mixture of styles, Bruce Lee never "mastered" an art, it's incomplete because Bruce Lee died, etc...BUT, to any self-respecting martial artist, the true litmus test for any martial art is if it works.

And the only way we can know if it works, is to actually spar (or fight, whichever is preferred) in an all-out situation.

BOTTOM LINE: if you want to see how good JKD is NOW...kindly ask some of the aformentioned individuals to a "friendly" match. You won't be disappointed. :D

Never confuse sparring with fighting. One is an exchange of skill; the other an exchange of blood.

RAYNYSC Guest
    I couldn't agree with you more! :D

RAYNYSC

rogue Guest

Welcome to KFO

I think I've also made those points, see my comment on "Inosanto being the MA that Lee wished he was".

One question, what is JKD? Please go enter your opinion on the thread "What makes JKD, JKD".

Adventure is just a romantic name for trouble. It sounds swell when you write about it, but it's hell when you meet it face to face in a dark and lonely place.
    Louis L'Amour