Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shaolin Defined

I didn't know we were talking about shaolin do, but yes, I agree, to claim grandmastery is spurious at best claim wise and there are many other suspect aspects to the organization in general, but that's going on in another thread.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Rad View Post
    Of course Shaolin-Do goes far beyond just claiming to be traced back to Shaolin to the head teacher claiming to be THE grandmaster of ALL of Shaolin while teaching forms from many other styles that have verifiable origins that have nothing to do with Shaolin, and having lots of b.s. stories about his own training background... not to mention him or other high ranking black belts actively spreading new lies It's an important distinction imo.
    LOL.....that's as big and inaccurate a generalization as those propagated (I admit, it's true), by Shaolin-Do marketers.

But let's get back on track. I was only seeing if you guys who think Shaolin is wide-spanning and hard to define or even typify would live up to your word when faced with the specter of accepting SD....LOL...

The horror.....the horror.....

Whoops, didn't read the whole thread. Popped in partway down the second page and saw Shaolin-Do discussion from the Wookie. Thought I'd get my two cents in before the thread got locked or combined with the massive SD thread. Will try to keep in on topic